The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

I entered the school Glee club on Friday.

They asked for us to audition with songs from the show "Glee" so I sang Mercy by Duffy.

The judges said that it was a really good audition and that I was cute!

One of the judges was once in my drama class outside of school and we played this game once where you stand up and sing a song until someong runs up, tags you and then sings a song that the first song reminded them of.

I was really good at that game :bleh:

So she will know I have a good range.

Also I was waiting for my turn to audition with 2 of the people I'm trying to get onto MFC (Josh and Kester) and our friend and the three of them were auditioning with Haleluja (not a song from Glee) and I started singing it and got told to shuttup because I was making them look bad :roftl:

Then I sang Holy Johnny and then I stopped and said "It's a good song" all fondly and they said it was when sung like I was :blush-anim-cl:

I also rejoined the chior after half a year away from it and I decided after about 20 minutes that I'd had enough because this girl was in it that I don't like (she only joined because I was there and sang soprano and her ex boyfriend liked me so she tried to be like me right down to trying to gain my sympathy by saying she was going blind in her LEFT eye - My blind eye is the right one - and that she was going for eye surgery just after I got all this attention from people because I had gone for my surgery) so I almost walked out and my friend Hannah said I HAD to stay and I said "It's really hard to try and sing while you're distracted by the extreme urge to stab the person next to you in the face"

Her ex boyfriend laughed and said it'd be an improvement - I think that was him anyways.

Yep. And I auditioned for major production (school play) and we find out who got in on tuesday.

Yup.

So how is everyone?

Hello again, :bye:

I finished posting three comments on drews blog, and i think someone else did too, but im not sure if they were agreeing with me, or someone else. XD.

So yeah, um heres the link if anyone needs it. Good luck. :)

http://www.c4tv.co.nz/Default.aspx?TabId=989&language=en-NZ&showid=13735&ce6059=1#comment

good to know, ill get on it when I get a chance:thumb_yello:

I entered the school Glee club on Friday.

They asked for us to audition with songs from the show "Glee" so I sang Mercy by Duffy.

The judges said that it was a really good audition and that I was cute!

One of the judges was once in my drama class outside of school and we played this game once where you stand up and sing a song until someong runs up, tags you and then sings a song that the first song reminded them of.

I was really good at that game :bleh:

So she will know I have a good range.

Also I was waiting for my turn to audition with 2 of the people I'm trying to get onto MFC (Josh and Kester) and our friend and the three of them were auditioning with Haleluja (not a song from Glee) and I started singing it and got told to shuttup because I was making them look bad :roftl:

Then I sang Holy Johnny and then I stopped and said "It's a good song" all fondly and they said it was when sung like I was :blush-anim-cl:

I also rejoined the chior after half a year away from it and I decided after about 20 minutes that I'd had enough because this girl was in it that I don't like (she only joined because I was there and sang soprano and her ex boyfriend liked me so she tried to be like me right down to trying to gain my sympathy by saying she was going blind in her LEFT eye - My blind eye is the right one - and that she was going for eye surgery just after I got all this attention from people because I had gone for my surgery) so I almost walked out and my friend Hannah said I HAD to stay and I said "It's really hard to try and sing while you're distracted by the extreme urge to stab the person next to you in the face"

Her ex boyfriend laughed and said it'd be an improvement - I think that was him anyways.

Yep. And I auditioned for major production (school play) and we find out who got in on tuesday.

Yup.

So how is everyone?

I swear I must drive my neighbours mad singing songs really badly expecially while doing housework!

so how am I? FREAKING OUT!!

I start uni tomorrow and I still dont have all my stationary!

Im so disorganised! :teehee:

I must make sure I get the bus on time tomorrow morning at 7.15AM! FML!!

good to know, ill get on it when I get a chance:thumb_yello:

I swear I must drive my neighbours mad singing songs really badly expecially while doing housework!

so how am I? FREAKING OUT!!

I start uni tomorrow and I still dont have all my stationary!

Im so disorganised! :teehee:

I must make sure I get the bus on time tomorrow morning at 7.15AM! FML!!

lol just don't leave your cell/alarm clock at friend's place like I did :roftl:

I r idiot :doh:

lol just don't leave your cell/alarm clock at friend's place like I did :roftl:

I r idiot :doh:

lol Ive done that before!

in fact just last night I left my phone on the floor of my fathers car! <--smart!

ive got an alarm clock which shows the time on the roof and plays the radio instead of an alarm...but I really want one that plays CDS!

oh I do rememer the days I woke up to love today in the mornings!

the proper link is this I think http://www.c4tv.co.nz/Hows-it/tabid/989/articleID/6744/cat/927/Default.aspx

the other one I clicked and It said thanks for your comment!

Im going ready to create other accounts! aparently you can even create multiple accounts on the same email adress! I tried! It works! :thumb_yello:

anika poster is NOT me Is she one of you?

Im not going to go ahead and assume its a memeber of the public cos last time I was wrong!

Khayla did you get the part?

the proper link is this I think http://www.c4tv.co.nz/Hows-it/tabid/989/articleID/6744/cat/927/Default.aspx

the other one I clicked and It said thanks for your comment!

Im going ready to create other accounts! aparently you can even create multiple accounts on the same email adress! I tried! It works! :thumb_yello:

anika poster is NOT me Is she one of you?

Im not going to go ahead and assume its a memeber of the public cos last time I was wrong!

Khayla did you get the part?

:roftl: this time I think you might be right, she could be a member of the general public.

I mean, well, it's certainly not me! :naughty:

shhhh

in the most boring class!

I just sat through a library tour I did last year! ALL Over again! *snore*

:boxed:

they have none of the text books for this class left so Im 'searching' the computers for my so called assignment (even though ive only had 2 classes!)

I dont even have a lunch break before I have another 2 hours of boring lectures!

Kill me now?

shhhh

in the most boring class!

I just sat through a library tour I did last year! ALL Over again! *snore*

:boxed:

they have none of the text books for this class left so Im 'searching' the computers for my so called assignment (even though ive only had 2 classes!)

I dont even have a lunch break before I have another 2 hours of boring lectures!

Kill me now?

Ugh.

I would but then who would kill me?

• 3 weeks later...
just so you know ive named both loliepop_girl and racinghorse83 as my deputy Reps on the new Reps thread!

Cool!

*Feels promoted* :boing:

THIS IS WHY !!!

@ imogenheap Hello all! If we have a cellist in the house in Auckland PLEASE come online to http://www.vokle.com. Even if you haven't rehearsed! x

http://twitter.com/imogenheap

Sooooo ... if you are one of those ppl, no need to PM me anymore ... just get back to her !!! :aah::kachinga:

LOL I'm so glad I don't play the cello or I'd be shattered!

I live about 8hrs away but my mother's boyfriend is down from Auckland for the week and leaves on Sunday so there would have actually been a chance IF I played cello :roftl:

Not that it matters :fisch:

Omg! the new part of the plaza (mall) opened this week and having shopped in wellington and aucks it was kinda an anti climax

but theres this competition for a shopping spee with that NZ next top model Colin guy who confuses the heck out of me for obvious reasons!

anyway I retweeted him saying "new Plaza is crazy! entered comp. $20000 would def. stop me looking like cheep as scarfie!" and he RETWEETED IT!!

OMG im not sure that was meant to go to 480 people I didnt know but whatevers!

things that got on my nerves today:

Why is it that when you get to a light pedestrian crossing and press the button everyone else has to arive and press the button even though its obviously already been pressed?

why do people just walk into me where ever I go?

Mothers/friends who dont tell me my skirt is hiched up at the back and im feeling a slight brease in the wrong places! :blush-anim-cl:

having clothes in my wardrobe but nothing to wear!

grumpy bus drivers who almost made me pay for a ticket cos the card reader wasnt working and having no cash!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

Doing gender and sexuality in health and one section of the standard is about a music video and the messages it gives society about how you should be as boys and girls.

I've been arguing a lot with the class (and the teacher) because when we're asked something like "Do you object to women having exposed breasts in historical art?" and everyone says yes, I say NO because I think if it's ok for men to walk around with shirts off, why can't I?

They say "Well that part's quite sexual..."

But I don't think a woman's breasts are more sexual than a man's... Breast? :roftl: and if people see it like it is, it's only because it's not shown in society and so it's something that, by nature, people want to see more of, but is shameful to be shown.

Like in the 19th century, there was a club in France(?) where female dancers used to dance in dresses that showed little parts of their stocking clad legs.

Such a scandal those girls were, showing their stockings like that!

Now it's something schoolgirls do. Because there's been so much exposure to it, legs arn't looked at like scandalous objects of people's bodies that should be hidden away.

So you see, everyone has the opinion that takes about 2 or 3 sentences to explain and mine are all really long winded and people think I'm crazy or need a life by the time I explain it all because many of them believe that people should just learn stuff at school and not question it, have a million friends on your contact list and a boyfriend and blablabla...

Sorry, that's a personal remark at one person. But I know there are many more out there and even in my class!

So you see, you could forgive me for thinking that when my teacher skipped asking me about our group projects and spoke over the top of me to go to the next group when I interjected, the teacher had grown tired of my constantly going against the grain.

So after class I confronted her. "You're getting sick of me arn't you?"

"No, why would you say that?"

"Well, you asked the boys behind us "What was your story? (they had to assess the gender messages of sleeping beauty)" and then you asked "What do you think the message of it was?" and asked if they agreed. But when you got to us, you asked Nat (we werer in groups of 2) what the story was and then you just explained your opinion of the message to the class and went onto the next one. And you interractd more with the groups that you talked to, all except ours."

She was sorry. But I explained to her - Trying to appeal my case - that we're studying a lot of mainstream products (ie. fairies, bob the builder, beyonce and j-lo's videos and other big muscly rappers music videos) when the kind of messages that those things give are one of several kinds of messages and even though it's a big part of the world, it's not a big part of MY world. I told her I'm influenced more by a magazine that is available as a webzine to save paper for the environment and is focused on fashion of real people, indie or lesser known music and environmental issues (Amelia's magazine) and my favourite singer, Mika who, at first glance, wants to portray the typical gay man, but in truth, is all about being free to express yourself as an indavidual and not a gender and be free to love who you want and not be defined by it or be labeled by it and this is shown in his music.

She was really interested and asked if I might give her some youtube links to his videos and at first I said no because I knew people would get mean about it but then I thought, screw them, if I can write about Mika for another assignment, I'd love to have a second opinion on the messages the videos convey and I'm always up for a discussion on his music and I had the common decency to address a problem I saw (feeling like I'd annoyed my teacher) and it had lead to this so what the hell, I'll give you links!

So I came back the next day with a peace of paper with "Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" written in tidy writing and told her to look at it before showing it (just in case. You know I can't handel people being mean to fat people.

I don't see how GK, LT, HE, LP, relax, WAG, Rain or Blame could be written about. The main idea is to write about a video with strong messages as to what boys and girls should act and look like and what they should do and have and how they are in relation to the opposite gender. The only video I saw having a message like that was Blame with the pink background and clothes (when boys have anything to do with pink, they must be gay) and the boy/girl dancers (boys should wear little colour and should wear pants while girls should wear skirts and dresses and wear colour and have long hair and makeup).

But I wanted BG because of the messages I saw just watching it over inside my head:

1) Fat people CAN wear colourful, fitted, sexy clothes and look attractive and dance around in public and have value.

2) There are scenes with the ladies holding, lifting up or walking with chidren and this shows them as mothers rather than symbols of men's desire.

3) If Mika touches the girls, it's only being playful. Does that show that fat people can be sexy too and that touching (like his head between lady-in-purple's legs and resting his head on boobs) can be friendly and not have to lead to sex? (Would be great if someone might shed some light on this for me).

4) the giant celebratory, parade-like march they appear to be doing is like a celebration of the beauty of fat people - Fat GIRLS (it doesn't say much about boys at all besides "Big boy come on round and they'll be callin' you baby") and that's like saying BIG WOMEN HAVE VALUE and that it's totally ok not to be skinny and that you can be proud of your weight.

Just thought I ought to share :wink2:

Edited by Lolliepop_girl

Hi ladies! :das:

Doing gender and sexuality in health and one section of the standard is about a music video and the messages it gives society about how you should be as boys and girls.

I've been arguing a lot with the class (and the teacher) because when we're asked something like "Do you object to women having exposed breasts in historical art?" and everyone says yes, I say NO because I think if it's ok for men to walk around with shirts off, why can't I?

They say "Well that part's quite sexual..."

But I don't think a woman's breasts are more sexual than a man's... Breast? :roftl: and if people see it like it is, it's only because it's not shown in society and so it's something that, by nature, people want to see more of, but is shameful to be shown.

Like in the 19th century, there was a club in France(?) where female dancers used to dance in dresses that showed little parts of their stocking clad legs.

Such a scandal those girls were, showing their stockings like that!

Now it's something schoolgirls do. Because there's been so much exposure to it, legs arn't looked at like scandalous objects of people's bodies that should be hidden away.

So you see, everyone has the opinion that takes about 2 or 3 sentences to explain and mine are all really long winded and people think I'm crazy or need a life by the time I explain it all because many of them believe that people should just learn stuff at school and not question it, have a million friends on your contact list and a boyfriend and blablabla...

Sorry, that's a personal remark at one person. But I know there are many more out there and even in my class!

So you see, you could forgive me for thinking that when my teacher skipped asking me about our group projects and spoke over the top of me to go to the next group when I interjected, the teacher had grown tired of my constantly going against the grain.

So after class I confronted her. "You're getting sick of me arn't you?"

"No, why would you say that?"

"Well, you asked the boys behind us "What was your story? (they had to assess the gender messages of sleeping beauty)" and then you asked "What do you think the message of it was?" and asked if they agreed. But when you got to us, you asked Nat (we werer in groups of 2) what the story was and then you just explained your opinion of the message to the class and went onto the next one. And you interractd more with the groups that you talked to, all except ours."

She was sorry. But I explained to her - Trying to appeal my case - that we're studying a lot of mainstream products (ie. fairies, bob the builder, beyonce and j-lo's videos and other big muscly rappers music videos) when the kind of messages that those things give are one of several kinds of messages and even though it's a big part of the world, it's not a big part of MY world. I told her I'm influenced more by a magazine that is available as a webzine to save paper for the environment and is focused on fashion of real people, indie or lesser known music and environmental issues (Amelia's magazine) and my favourite singer, Mika who, at first glance, wants to portray the typical gay man, but in truth, is all about being free to express yourself as an indavidual and not a gender and be free to love who you want and not be defined by it or be labeled by it and this is shown in his music.

She was really interested and asked if I might give her some youtube links to his videos and at first I said no because I knew people would get mean about it but then I thought, screw them, if I can write about Mika for another assignment, I'd love to have a second opinion on the messages the videos convey and I'm always up for a discussion on his music and I had the common decency to address a problem I saw (feeling like I'd annoyed my teacher) and it had lead to this so what the hell, I'll give you links!

So I came back the next day with a peace of paper with "Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" written in tidy writing and told her to look at it before showing it (just in case. You know I can't handel people being mean to fat people.

I don't see how GK, LT, HE, LP, relax, WAG, Rain or Blame could be written about. The main idea is to write about a video with strong messages as to what boys and girls should act and look like and what they should do and have and how they are in relation to the opposite gender. The only video I saw having a message like that was Blame with the pink background and clothes (when boys have anything to do with pink, they must be gay) and the boy/girl dancers (boys should wear little colour and should wear pants while girls should wear skirts and dresses and wear colour and have long hair and makeup).

But I wanted BG because of the messages I saw just watching it over inside my head:

1) Fat people CAN wear colourful, fitted, sexy clothes and look attractive and dance around in public and have value.

2) There are scenes with the ladies holding, lifting up or walking with chidren and this shows them as mothers rather than symbols of men's desire.

3) If Mika touches the girls, it's only being playful. Does that show that fat people can be sexy too and that touching (like his head between lady-in-purple's legs and resting his head on boobs) can be friendly and not have to lead to sex? (Would be great if someone might shed some light on this for me).

4) the giant celebratory, parade-like march they appear to be doing is like a celebration of the beauty of fat people - Fat GIRLS (it doesn't say much about boys at all besides "Big boy come on round and they'll be callin' you baby") and that's like saying BIG WOMEN HAVE VALUE and that it's totally ok not to be skinny and that you can be proud of your weight.

Just thought I ought to share :wink2:

Interesting point of view there Khayla!

I would point out that there are pieces of art (both sculptures and paintings) where there are naked men. As far as I understand (and I'm probably wrong) but it was def not supposed to be sexual. More a way of admiring the human body.

I totally agree with the stuff you wrote about BG, but I would consider adding Lollipop. Not for the film clip of course, but for the lyrics. It's all about not having sex before you're ready and that it usually means something different for girls than it does for boys.

And just a quick thing with your classmates... Wow, talk about sheep. I would find it difficult to deal with people who just agree with whatever is considered popular opinion. And I'm pretty sure that kids your age are supposed to critically assess information at school (well, I'm pretty sure they have to as part of the curriculum here! Even in year 6 they're supposed to form opinions about certain topics). Besides, I woukd find it boring to teach a class that simply comes up with whatever opinion seems popular. *yawns*

Hi ladies! :das:

Interesting point of view there Khayla!

I would point out that there are pieces of art (both sculptures and paintings) where there are naked men. As far as I understand (and I'm probably wrong) but it was def not supposed to be sexual. More a way of admiring the human body.

I totally agree with the stuff you wrote about BG, but I would consider adding Lollipop. Not for the film clip of course, but for the lyrics. It's all about not having sex before you're ready and that it usually means something different for girls than it does for boys.

And just a quick thing with your classmates... Wow, talk about sheep. I would find it difficult to deal with people who just agree with whatever is considered popular opinion. And I'm pretty sure that kids your age are supposed to critically assess information at school (well, I'm pretty sure they have to as part of the curriculum here! Even in year 6 they're supposed to form opinions about certain topics). Besides, I woukd find it boring to teach a class that simply comes up with whatever opinion seems popular. *yawns*

Yeah I know about the artpeaces. But we were only really looking at art with women in it that had top nudity - Well men's top nudity too but I guess they were making the comparrison between those and not anything below the belt. IDK, I find their opinions can become tiring - Not because I disagree with them (everyone's entitled to their own opinion and vioce), but rather the way in which the express it - Shunning anything different makes me feel as if they're too afraid to think or see anything else which means that it's not their opinion at all, but something they've been told "This is what you believe" instead of thinking for themselves.

I think that the section is primarily on the video rather than lyrics. Possibly lyrics might be somewhere else but it's largely focused on the imagry, in which case, lollipop is too confusing to write about. The only thing I can think of is that it shows a little girl with blond hair (which portrays innocence and purity because apparently all blonds are good and all dark haireds are bad in storybooks) and a pink dress (pink and dresses are for girls). Even the bunnies having chicken are coloured neutrally! :roftl:

Anyhow, the teacher said she wasn't sick of me because she liked that I had different opinions and I did my work and the only people she gets sick of are those who don't do their work.

I think it's really good that year sixes have to form opinions these days. It equips people from an early stage of learning, how to have an opinion and express it. It's good because maybe it would mean there might be less sheep in the world believing such shallow, unthought about things.

Maybe...

Yeah I know about the artpeaces. But we were only really looking at art with women in it that had top nudity - Well men's top nudity too but I guess they were making the comparrison between those and not anything below the belt. IDK, I find their opinions can become tiring - Not because I disagree with them (everyone's entitled to their own opinion and vioce), but rather the way in which the express it - Shunning anything different makes me feel as if they're too afraid to think or see anything else which means that it's not their opinion at all, but something they've been told "This is what you believe" instead of thinking for themselves.

I think that the section is primarily on the video rather than lyrics. Possibly lyrics might be somewhere else but it's largely focused on the imagry, in which case, lollipop is too confusing to write about. The only thing I can think of is that it shows a little girl with blond hair (which portrays innocence and purity because apparently all blonds are good and all dark haireds are bad in storybooks) and a pink dress (pink and dresses are for girls). Even the bunnies having chicken are coloured neutrally! :roftl:

Anyhow, the teacher said she wasn't sick of me because she liked that I had different opinions and I did my work and the only people she gets sick of are those who don't do their work.

I think it's really good that year sixes have to form opinions these days. It equips people from an early stage of learning, how to have an opinion and express it. It's good because maybe it would mean there might be less sheep in the world believing such shallow, unthought about things.

Maybe...

Fair enough then about the art and Lollipop. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. though at the risk of sounding paranoid, you can't really take a lot at face value... goverment and big business would have to be number one contenders for bending the truth.

I totally agree with you about forming opinions young.

Without looking in the syllabus materials i have stashed under my bed, I think it's from about late stage 2 (year 4) to end of stage 3 (year 6) where they're encouraged to form opinions about certain topics... mostly about books and such, and they have to provide reasons for those opinions.

Actually, now I think about it, it could be all of stage 2 that have to form opinions, because we have to teach arguments as a text type in both stage 2 and 3... not that they're long, but they still have to form some opinions. And I remember learning how to write essays and we had to write on a given topic and provide our own arguments.

The ability to form opinions and being able to argue for your point of view is a valuable skill. As long as children are taught to be open minded about others' opinions as well and don't just dismiss them without thinking about what other people have said.

Evenh though I haven't met you in real life yet, the one thing I like (and admire) about you is the fact that you will stand up and share your opinion with other people. I wish I was like that at your age.

im going to armageddon in wellington this weekend, its 3 days but I might NOT go friday cos its all about New Moon or something! :sneaky2:

if anyone can/wants to meet up TXT me!!!

and oh I heard mika on more fm...exept I totally forgot about earth hour LOL

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys!

hows your holidays going?

so i thought id move conversations back here for a second

so this weekend I met Khayla (lollipop_girl) and oh wow it was so amazing

so we decided we definately needed a meetup

we also had an idea to cosplay as mikas characters!

Armageddon is in auckland on labour weekend later this year for three days and only 2 days in wellington 2011. (khayla its not usually on easter weekend. this year was the first time)

might start another thread and a facebook for it!

I had an idea. because we want the ausies involved us kiwis could hire costumes for the cosplay parade in auckland and then make our own costumes for competiton wellington 2011.

if we are a group we can all help eachother out with costumes!

that way we get the kiwis together and we have played around with the idea of dressing up first!

and of course...got to know eachother! because although ive met two of you there are still some of you I havent met and none of you have met eachother (unless you knew them already)

anywho...I for one would love to have a meet up in october and then again in another 6 months time! a meetup every 6 months would be wicked!

and of course we would be going up to visit charlie in her part of the country!!!:thumb_yello:

hey guys!

Armageddon is in auckland on labour weekend later this year for three days and only 2 days in wellington 2011. (khayla its not usually on easter weekend. this year was the first time)

I had an idea. because we want the ausies involved us kiwis could hire costumes for the cosplay parade in auckland and then make our own costumes for competiton wellington 2011.

that way we get the kiwis together and we have played around with the idea of dressing up first!

and of course...got to know eachother! because although ive met two of you there are still some of you I havent met and none of you have met eachother (unless you knew them already)

anywho...I for one would love to have a meet up in october and then again in another 6 months time! a meetup every 6 months would be wicked!

and of course we would be going up to visit charlie in her part of the country!!!:thumb_yello:

Perfect Ro! :boing:

If we're ok with that plan, I want to go as Jessica Rabbit in Oct :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my future me email from the past me!

good to see ive completed almost every thing in this list!!

"dear FutureMe,

I am writing to you from the past almost 1am on the 21st of april 2009

you are a wounderful person dont you ever forget that!

remember that I plan to learn to surf and guitar, and see snow

you can do what ever you want, if you want him, go get him!

you will move out soon, its almost your 21st and you can tell that you have had almost enough of things at home! I just got our new laptop now! its so wounderful!

if all has gone according to plan you should be in america right now as you are reading this...so? make it? I hope so!"

hey guys!

Oh wow, a meet up would be fun!:biggrin2:

I would have some trouble convincing my parents...but if i have until october it should work.:naughty:

I would really like to meet all of you...my friends are sick of me talking about Mika 24/7.:teehee: