The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

Oh wow, a meet up would be fun!:biggrin2:

I would have some trouble convincing my parents...but if i have until october it should work.:naughty:

I would really like to meet all of you...my friends are sick of me talking about Mika 24/7.:teehee:

LOL yeah my friends are over it. But they know it's better Mika than some of the friends I have BESIDES my usual friends. Those ones that everyone thinks are creepy.

My poor friends. I feel sorry for them because they're not creepy, they're just very... very very... very disturbed :roftl:

Yeah I usually just sai "I REALLY want to go to Armageddon espo in Auckland because THIS CELEBRITY ARTIST will be there. If I can make the money up, can I go? PEEEEEASE???

OMG!!!

I totally spent tutorial break talking about mika!!!

I was talking about my drawings on my jacket and about sydney and Then I mentioned mika and one of the girls was like grace kelly MIKA! OMG hes so cool!!!

AHHH!! :mf_lustslow:

LOL yeah my friends are over it. But they know it's better Mika than some of the friends I have BESIDES my usual friends. Those ones that everyone thinks are creepy.

My poor friends. I feel sorry for them because they're not creepy, they're just very... very very... very disturbed :roftl:

Yeah I usually just sai "I REALLY want to go to Armageddon espo in Auckland because THIS CELEBRITY ARTIST will be there. If I can make the money up, can I go? PEEEEEASE???

I know what your talking about...:roftl:and then everyone looks at you funny for talking to them? yes. i know that feeling!:naughty:

That could work...would anyone mind if i came with a couple of other friends? I know they would go off and do their own thing, leaving us free to talk about Mika, but i'm sure it would re-assure my mother to know I'm not going alone...:naughty:

OMG!!!

I totally spent tutorial break talking about mika!!!

I was talking about my drawings on my jacket and about sydney and Then I mentioned mika and one of the girls was like grace kelly MIKA! OMG hes so cool!!!

AHHH!! :mf_lustslow:

:mf_lustslow: YAY! A different opinion to 'That gay guy?:boxed:'!:roftl:

:mf_lustslow: YAY! A different opinion to 'That gay guy?:boxed:'!:roftl:

Yeah, I know! I get that all the time

"Have you heard of Mika?"

"Mika?"

"Yeah, Y'know he sang Grace Kelly... I could be brown, I could be blue"

"Oh, ... Isn't he gay?"

It find it sad how sexuality is one of the first topics to come up when talking about Mika :no:

Yeah, I know! I get that all the time

"Have you heard of Mika?"

"Mika?"

"Yeah, Y'know he sang Grace Kelly... I could be brown, I could be blue"

"Oh, ... Isn't he gay?"

It find it sad how sexuality is one of the first topics to come up when talking about Mika :no:

It is! Even though I've been through the whole 'No labels' thing, and then the 'bi-sexual' thing to those who dont get it(THOUSANDS of times!), people still go:

"He's gay Monique, get over it."

:hair:

*Smug look*

Guess who got a happy birthday wish from Motzart at a computer..... :das:

Gregface? :das:

On another note (sorry to cut your sweet sweet moment so short Miss Khayla)

I think (or hope) you all recieved my VOTE FOR MIKA!! WOOO *cue pulling shirt up over head and running in circles* email on face of the book.

If you didn't it goes as following;

"Hey there you wonderful good-looking people!

Okay, so I realise the name of this thread is a little bit outdated (apologies) But I'm msging to ask a favour of you all.

If you haven't heard of Kick-Ass, its a brand-spankin'-new superhero movie, and Mika wrote its title track.

The single Kick Ass (We Are Young) was released today, and is already climbing various charts world-wide. This has the support of the movie behind it.. and has the potential to make it big here, also!

We didn't put massive effort into Rain.. lets let KICK ASS kick some ass in the charts!!

Please help out kick-ass by voting here from anywhere in the world; (once every several days)

http://www.facebook.com/l/a73be;www.zmonline.com/ZM20Countdown/

enter 'kick ass (we are young)' by 'Mika vs. RedOne' Into each blank box.

Request Kick Ass on ZM; http://www.facebook.com/l/a73be;www.zmonline.com/WhosOn/MorningCrew/RequestASong/

[[ On Friday Nights call 0800THEEDGE and request, or txt 'studio kick ass (we are young)' to 3343 (txts cost 20 cents)

Watch C4 Select Live on weekday afternoons from 4-6, and txt in Kick Ass (We Are Young) by Mika vs. RedOne to the number they provide (I'm sorry I don't have the number, but i do know the txts cost 50 cents.) ]]

-these two can be done in NZ only.

Alternatively, send either of these radio stations friendly, non-spam tweets that don't make you look like a desperate Justin Bieber fan-type person;

@TheEdgeNZ

@zmstudionz

If you're a major Mika fan who wants him to have success outside of NZ and you have some free time; have a look through here;

http://www.facebook.com/l/a73be;www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22813

Thanks so much guys; and sorry to spam you if this doesn't interest you.

Much Love"

so.. to put it short.. VOTE MIKA! I'll be updating the FB group so its relevant to kick ass. I'm on a bit of a MIKA IS GONNA BE BIG IN NZ spree at the moment, voting/suggesting wherever i can. I hope you join me.. I reckon we can knock this sucker down.

Whos with me?

Oh, and in addition to what i posted above, I'll be calling the edge this friday night to request kick ass. :original: Should we set up a 3-way or 4-way (depending on how many of us there are) msn chat so we can communicate with each other so we are all calling the edge to request kick ass?

Let me know before firday :lol3:

Shot, thanks dudes :bleh:

Gregface? :das:

On another note (sorry to cut your sweet sweet moment so short Miss Khayla)

I think (or hope) you all recieved my VOTE FOR MIKA!! WOOO *cue pulling shirt up over head and running in circles* email on face of the book.

If you didn't it goes as following;

"Hey there you wonderful good-looking people!

Okay, so I realise the name of this thread is a little bit outdated (apologies) But I'm msging to ask a favour of you all.

If you haven't heard of Kick-Ass, its a brand-spankin'-new superhero movie, and Mika wrote its title track.

The single Kick Ass (We Are Young) was released today, and is already climbing various charts world-wide. This has the support of the movie behind it.. and has the potential to make it big here, also!

We didn't put massive effort into Rain.. lets let KICK ASS kick some ass in the charts!!

Please help out kick-ass by voting here from anywhere in the world; (once every several days)

http://www.facebook.com/l/a73be;www.zmonline.com/ZM20Countdown/

enter 'kick ass (we are young)' by 'Mika vs. RedOne' Into each blank box.

Request Kick Ass on ZM; http://www.facebook.com/l/a73be;www.zmonline.com/WhosOn/MorningCrew/RequestASong/

[[ On Friday Nights call 0800THEEDGE and request, or txt 'studio kick ass (we are young)' to 3343 (txts cost 20 cents)

Watch C4 Select Live on weekday afternoons from 4-6, and txt in Kick Ass (We Are Young) by Mika vs. RedOne to the number they provide (I'm sorry I don't have the number, but i do know the txts cost 50 cents.) ]]

-these two can be done in NZ only.

Alternatively, send either of these radio stations friendly, non-spam tweets that don't make you look like a desperate Justin Bieber fan-type person;

@TheEdgeNZ

@zmstudionz

If you're a major Mika fan who wants him to have success outside of NZ and you have some free time; have a look through here;

http://www.facebook.com/l/a73be;www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22813

Thanks so much guys; and sorry to spam you if this doesn't interest you.

Much Love"

so.. to put it short.. VOTE MIKA! I'll be updating the FB group so its relevant to kick ass. I'm on a bit of a MIKA IS GONNA BE BIG IN NZ spree at the moment, voting/suggesting wherever i can. I hope you join me.. I reckon we can knock this sucker down.

Whos with me?

On it! :thumb_yello:

Oh, and in addition to what i posted above, I'll be calling the edge this friday night to request kick ass. :original: Should we set up a 3-way or 4-way (depending on how many of us there are) msn chat so we can communicate with each other so we are all calling the edge to request kick ass?

Sorry, busy friday...but i can still text/ring the edge to request kickass. :wink2:

Rang the edge. Got through after half an hour. It went as follows;

Me; hey, can you play kick ass by mika?

dj; sorry mate, we dont have that song.

me; oh, it was a trending topic on twitter like, the other day.

dj; *silence*

me; um..

dj; is there anything other than mika i can play you?

me; round we go by kingston?

dj; i'll try to get that on there. *hangs up*

:dunno: i tried.. guess i can only try again..

I couldnt be online stupid cann status on my uni facilities (studylinks fault)

I got through to MoreFM and it went something like

me: hey, can you play kick ass by mika?

Dj: we dont have that song

Me: why not? haha

Dj: *awkward silence*

Me: is there anything else by mika you can play?

Dj: we'll have a look for you *hangs up* :naughty:

Rang the edge. Got through after half an hour. It went as follows;

Me; hey, can you play kick ass by mika?

dj; sorry mate, we dont have that song.

me; oh, it was a trending topic on twitter like, the other day.

dj; *silence*

me; um..

dj; is there anything other than mika i can play you?

me; round we go by kingston?

dj; i'll try to get that on there. *hangs up*

:dunno: i tried.. guess i can only try again..

I couldnt be online stupid cann status on my uni facilities (studylinks fault)

I got through to MoreFM and it went something like

me: hey, can you play kick ass by mika?

Dj: we dont have that song

Me: why not? haha

Dj: *awkward silence*

Me: is there anything else by mika you can play?

Dj: we'll have a look for you *hangs up* :naughty:

I can only say, at the points indicated in bold that the converstion shouldve gone like this

you: Get it. *hang up* :naughty:

Jk.

ahhh, stubborn radio stations.:sneaky2:

I can only say, at the points indicated in bold that the converstion shouldve gone like this

you: Get it. *hang up* :naughty:

Jk.

ahhh, stubborn radio stations.:sneaky2:

:lmfao: true. perhaps i should do that next time.

On another note.. anyone heard from Khayla recently?

:lmfao: true. perhaps i should do that next time.

On another note.. anyone heard from Khayla recently?

*puts hand up* ooh mee! I have...why?

she has moved into another place with her mother last week and last I heard didnt have internet or a phoneline yet! can only access Twitter and Deviantart at school! :boxed:

Edited by RosinaKiwi

*puts hand up* ooh mee! I have...why?

she has moved into another place with her mother last week and last I heard didnt have internet or a phoneline yet! can only access Twitter and Deviantart at school! :boxed:

i see! Ooh, lets hope shes nearer :teehee:

..miss talking to her though.

OI KHAYLA! we miss yoooou!

guts i cant access twitter through school.. they blocked it :sad:

*skips in,flicks on all the lights, blows away cobwebs and sprays air freshner*

..maybe that will draw the others in??

indeed!

this thread has been a bit slow since you and I left new zealand in favour of that other country australia!

I know...were back but most of the time were posting in the ausie thread...*bad little new zealand rep*

*skips in,flicks on all the lights, blows away cobwebs and sprays air freshner*

..maybe that will draw the others in??

*smells air freshner*

mmmmmm. is that pine scented? :naughty:

ahhh im so lame.:aah:

I swear i would come in here more often if it werent for the amount of homework i seem to have piling up on my desk...(i know, oldest excuse in the book) Where does it all come from?! :shocked:

*smells air freshner*

I swear i would come in here more often if it werent for the amount of homework i seem to have piling up on my desk...(i know, oldest excuse in the book) Where does it all come from?! :shocked:

Homework...dont get me started! It gets even worse at university!

indeed!

this thread has been a bit slow since you and I left new zealand in favour of that other country australia!

I know...were back but most of the time were posting in the ausie thread...*bad little new zealand rep*

*slaps your wrist* :naughty:

*smells air freshner*

Yes, it is :biggrin2: I should get one of those Glade air-fresher thingies! We won't have to cover it up with a little wooly hat! Oooh, the kiwi thread is about to become STYLY. :das:

*drags in desk and puts air freshner thingy on top of it*

ohmiGAWD, i can't believe we don't have a stick of furniture in this place. Anyone wanna help me decorate?

I'll buy a study desk for you, Nique :aah: then you can study in here. I could definately use that. :bleh: Lets see, what homework do I have this weekend - *to kill a mockingbird essay

*First World War Evaluation

*6 pages of Algebra

*Hitler Essay

*Photography study :shocked:

Oooh, and I'm doing the 40 hour famine. Anyone else joining me?

:shocked: I'm off to Uni year after next.. AHH

Yes, it is :biggrin2: I should get one of those Glade air-fresher thingies! We won't have to cover it up with a little wooly hat! Oooh, the kiwi thread is about to become STYLY. :das:

ohmiGAWD, i can't believe we don't have a stick of furniture in this place. Anyone wanna help me decorate?

I'll buy a study desk for you, Nique then you can study in here. I could definately use that. :bleh: Lets see, what homework do I have this weekend - *to kill a mockingbird essay

*6 pages of Algebra

*Hitler Essay

*Photography study

"Glade, how refreshing!" :aah:

Yay! decor! :biggrin2: Study desk? I can see that piling up with all our accumulated unfinished work as we put it off to do MFC related things, or just anything else that pops into our heads. at least it will hold the air freshner though...:naughty:

curious: is to kill a mocking bird any good? I saw it in the library and thought of checking it out, but then i didnt. :teehee:

As for the 40hr famine...no:blush-anim-cl:

but i have sponsored too many people with my lunch money.:naughty:

Good luck!:thumb_yello:

:shocked: All i can say is good luck soldier! You dig into that paper, and you come out with newfound knowledge!

:roftl:

*slaps your wrist* :naughty:

Yes, it is I should get one of those Glade air-fresher thingies! We won't have to cover it up with a little wooly hat! Oooh, the kiwi thread is about to become STYLY. :das:

I'll buy a study desk for you, Nique then you can study in here. I could definately use that. :bleh: Lets see, what homework do I have this weekend - *to kill a mockingbird essay

*6 pages of Algebra

*Hitler Essay

*Photography study :shocked:

:shocked: I'm off to Uni year after next.. AHH

Brings lounge furnature and BE$NBAGS!! places hot tea on coffee table!

your doing uni? what will you study??

...*brings own desk in* I might need my own for all this!

lets see...what homework do I have to do this weekend.

-a 1200word essay on positive discrimination

-a paragraph on the appeal of new zealand because of Enviromental sustainability

AND -1200 word essay on the bad social effects of the internet :blink:

40 hour famine? nope!

I did it once though when I was 12, my dad and sister ate fish and chips deliberately because I was doing the fammine!

my sister is doing it this weekend with her youth group! (probably so I cant get back at her mwahahaha)

"Glade, how refreshing!"

Yay! decor! Study desk? I can see that piling up with all our accumulated unfinished work as we put it off to do MFC related things, or just anything else that pops into our heads. at least it will hold the air freshner though...:naughty:

curious: is to kill a mocking bird any good? I saw it in the library and thought of checking it out, but then i didnt.

As for the 40hr famine...no:blush-anim-cl:

Good luck!:thumb_yello:

:shocked: All i can say is good luck soldier! You dig into that paper, and you come out with newfound knowledge!

:roftl:

procrastination via MFC?

and yes...its glade!

hahaha "whatever else pops into our heads" reminds me

im doing uni prep and we were talking about the positives of exams (i know...its like such an oximoron) and someone said "NO FACEBOOK"

now the tutor is an old guy...Taradale High's old principal years back!

anyway he said "facebook...whats a facebook" and the whole class was in histerics trying to explain to him what the guys ment!

-a paragraph on the appeal of new zealand because of Enviromental sustainability

AND -1200 word essay on the bad social effects of the internet :blink:

40 hour famine? nope!

I did it once though when I was 12, my dad and sister ate fish and chips deliberately because I was doing the fammine!

my sister is doing it this weekend with her youth group! (probably so I cant get back at her mwahahaha)

procrastination via MFC?

and yes...its glade!

im doing uni prep and we were talking about the positives of exams (i know...its like such an oximoron) and someone said "NO FACEBOOK"

anyway he said "facebook...whats a facebook" and the whole class was in histerics trying to explain to him what the guys ment!

:lmfao: Your tutor is a legend!

tea and beanbags? Youre a genius! Just the right enviroment for procrastination. :naughty:

Im feeling like i should contibute some furniture...CD player anyone? :das:

"Glade, how refreshing!" :aa h:

Yay! decor! :big grin2: Study desk? I can see that piling up with all our accumulated unfinished work as we put it off to do MFC related things, or just anything else that pops into our heads. at least it will hold the air freshner though...:nau ghty:

curious: is to kill a mocking bird any good? I saw it in the library and thought of checking it out, but then i didnt. :te ehee:

As for the 40hr famine...no:blush-a nim-cl:

Good luck!:thu mb_yello:

:sho cked: All i can say is good luck soldier! You dig into that paper, and you come out with newfound knowledge!

:ro ftl:

*dumps homework on desk* i can see it accumulating, yes :biggrin2:

I think To Kill A Mockingbird is a excellent book :thumb_yello: I read it when i was 13 and didnt really 'get' it, but i re-read it this year and really enjoyed it (maybe cos i was older i understand the themes now) :aah:

At least you've sponsored :roftl: I'm proud of yoooou.

AN D -1200 word essay on the bad social effects of the internet :bli nk:

40 hour famine? nope!

procrastination via MFC?

and yes...its glade!

I'm going to do a 3-year bachelor of communications studies in Auckland, I hope :biggrin2:

Your tutor is legendary :aah:

oooh.. did you say coffee? :das:coffee.jpg

*steals ro's coffee*

i reckon we could decorate with a few pictures, no?

*steals from aussie thread*

copia3di45081374667e547.jpg

:lmf ao: Your tutor is a legend!

tea and beanbags? Youre a genius! Just the right enviroment for procrastination. :naug hty:

Im feeling like i should contibute some furniture...CD player anyone? :da s:

nooo.. its called a 'mika' player' :naughty:

Shall we play this album, maybe?

tbwktm.jpg

(i'm having fun with pictures today..)