Has Mika ever talked about the story behind Stuck in the Middle?

DaMango

*blushes* Er... I am not sure I am comfortable doing that either. :-( I think I should just stop talking about it, I'm only causing people to get more confused and frustrated. If people have similar interpretations to mine, like I know some people here do, I think they'll get what I mean... and if not, maybe they should just try to listen to the song again carefully, because after all, it's all in there...

--Jack

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*blushes* Er... I am not sure I am comfortable doing that either. :-( I think I should just stop talking about it, I'm only causing people to get more confused and frustrated. If people have similar interpretations to mine, like I know some people here do, I think they'll get what I mean... and if not, maybe they should just try to listen to the song again carefully, because after all, it's all in there...

--Jack

I definitely get it and think the same way you do. I'm surprised I didn't figure some of it out before! :rolleyes:

Try this link to an interview in Toronto (3:17 minutes into the interview)

You might have to listen to an advertisement first.

http://axs.muchmusic.com/?fr_story=b827fa169ae635b12a613cb41d64a79dc452e7ce&rf=sitemap

Thank you so much for this link! He says the song is about his mother and grandmother. Anyone who is still confused by this thread, watch this clip. It might help. :thumb_yello:

Try this link to an interview in Toronto (3:17 minutes into the interview)

You might have to listen to an advertisement first.

http://axs.muchmusic.com/?fr_story=b827fa169ae635b12a613cb41d64a79dc452e7ce&rf=sitemap

this is OT but i like the part about him talking about losing his trousers on stage and saying it wasn't that embarrassing... :naughty:

back to the topic, it also already came to my mind that the song might be about, well, the thing we don't talk about (lol i feel like in harry potter with he-who-must-not-be-named :naughty::roftl: ). can't figure out 2 other secret meanings though. but whatever the meaning is, the song just sounds great, that's the main thing. :original:

I haven't read through (I can;t be bothered lol, so sorry if it's been said. But I read in an interview online (I think it was the guardian) that he was asked if it was about his sexuality and he replied 'Yeah, its a bit of everything really' and thats all he said on the matter. I've also read it was about a sibling.

it's a chicken thread then..?

whatever it is, let's say WE DON'T CARE... :mf_rosetinted: what do you think..? :wink2:

Oh goodness, I just wanted to know if he had ever talked about it. I didn't want to expose is personal business. I was just wondering who he was singing to, because many articles I've read say that it is a break up song, and I felt it was something different.

I know demango, and i am sorry it sounded rude to YOU cause it wasn't meant at all ;) I asked the same question as newbie :biggrin2: you may noticed which is my fave song, so I was curious to know.

this is mostly cause once again there are several topics spoken much about mika's not so glad to share with the rest of the world. so my post was more like an internal (re. forum) remind to many other threads. sorry it was confusing and it sounded like it regarded your question, cause that's not the case :wink2:

I know demango, and i am sorry it sounded rude to YOU cause it wasn't meant at all ;) I asked the same question as newbie :biggrin2: you may noticed which is my fave song, so I was curious to know.

this is mostly cause once again there are several topics spoken much about mika's not so glad to share with the rest of the world. so my post was more like an internal (re. forum) remind to many other threads. sorry it was confusing and it sounded like it regarded your question, cause that's not the case :wink2:

Hey, it's cool! I just didn't want you to think I was out to cause any trouble. This stood out to me right away, and I think it's my favorite Mika song too! Consider me a member of the SITM appreciation club. :wink2:

Ooooh another member for our club :mf_rosetinted: So what do you think he says? Are five kids better than one who doesn't <insert words> :naughty:

... this is really a little like in the Harry Potter books (he-who-must-not-be-named....) LOL

- ist that a kind of inside gag (<insert text>) ? because :blink: i can't find anything peculiar about that line.... *confuzzled*

lines of sitm has been discussed over and over, violet. :wink2: many interpretations.

that part is one of the most debated.

but it's obvious he says doesn't like to be calm... :fisch::biggrin2::mf_rosetinted: