Books...

Freya

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm reading a book from Isabelle Allende...the tranlation of the title is 'Portrait in sepia'

It's WONDERFUL! I love her style and the story...a mix between Chile, china and America...A real MUTT!!! LOL

I love it!!! :wub2:

hmmm...wonder if this bumped thread has anything to do with MIKA looking for brains vs beauty....:

I just read a Celebrity magazine that Nicole Richie might be expecting! :roftl:

Wait...that's not a book. :naughty:

*looks around the room for something more intelligent to offer and can't seem to find anything other than daughter's Dr. Seuss*

The last book that I read was an adult Roald Dahl and even though it was only a couple of weeks ago I can't remember the title!

Since I got addicted to this site the amount of reading that I do has dropped by about 95%!

brett easton ellis, the rules of attraction

just some random books I'd recommend..

Ahhmagosh, I want that book SO badly! I'm reading American Psycho now, and I love The rules of attraction movie. I'm gonna get that book.

hmmm...wonder if this bumped thread has anything to do with MIKA looking for brains vs beauty....:

*looks around the room for something more intelligent to offer and can't seem to find anything other than daughter's Dr. Seuss*

Lol! not me...I swear :roftl:

I've been thinking to post here for a few days, but I was too lazy to look fotr it :naughty:

Today it appeared in my 'account' list :mf_rosetinted:

I just want him to LOVE ME!:crybaby:

Actually, I see that thread until after I bumped this one.:biggrin2:

I don't have a favorite book...I have many :)

I read mostly science fiction /fantasy books ( Mercedes Lackey, Anne Bishop, Anne McCaffrey, Piers Anothony, etc) And also books set in history that try to use real facts but then give them a story. Like, for example, Laura Ingalls Wilder's books, or anything to do with the Holocaust. I'm also semi-addicted to reading about the history of England..dunno why but probably because y'all have had some interesting monarchs and events.

Just call me a bookworm though! I have about 7,000 books in my active library ( books that I reread) and around 5,000 that I packed away as I grew out of (Trixie Belden, Boxcar Children, Babysitter's Club, R.L. Stine etc)

And Harry Potter is SUPER...can NOT wait for it to come out.

I don't remember the last one... I read a lot but I've listen to some audiobooks lately. I loved Hitchhikers Guide to a Galaxy by Douglas Adam and I listened to Alessandro Baricco's Silk. That was ok but it had a real explicit sexual part and I was listening to it in the street on my mp3 player... lol! That was awkward!

I'm now reading Chronicles of Narnia but I'm at the beginning.

I usually read fantasy and polar.

Ok...my favourite books of all time are quite juvenile ....

1. James and the Giant Peach, by Roald Dahl. I was hungry throughout the whole story!

2. Are you there God its me Margaret, by Judy Blume - (my mom is quite the Bible thumper and religious and did not know it was a coming of age story) AND I WAS ONLY 8 YRS OLD!!!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (EVERY LIVING PERSON SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!)

It's an epistolary novel written in the 1990s by American novelist Stephen Chbosky. The novel was published on February 1, 1999 by MTV. The story takes the form of a series of letters to an anonymous friend written by the narrator, a teenager who calls himself Charlie (his real name is never mentioned).

The story explores topics such as introversion, teenage sexuality, and the awkward times of adolescence. The book also touches strongly on drug use and Charlie's experiences with this. As the story progresses, various works of literature and film are referenced and their meanings discussed.

The story takes place during the 1991-1992 school year, when Charlie is a high school freshman. Charlie is the wallflower of the novel. He is an unconventional thinker, and as the story begins he is shy and unpopular.

Music and Movies have a strong role in the book as well

edit: Harry Potter (can't forget Harrry Potter...I'm losing my freakin mind waiting for July 21st)

my favorite books EVER are

1. pretty much all roald dahl books, but if i had to choose, probably The BFG

2. Phantom of the Opera (the book lol) by Gaston Leroux

big difference i know... One of my goals in life is to read Phantom of the Opera in it's original french text. good luck to me lol

just finished "the never ending story" haha. irony?

it was soo good!

and now i'm starting "the hobbit" and i really like it so far!

I began reading "The Never Ending Story" once, but I never finished it -_-

The Hobbit is definitely a good book!!

I finished Eldest by Chrisopher Paolini last night, I so wanna read the next book!

But now I'll start reading all the Harry Potter books again, to freshen up my memory for book 7 :biggrin2:

My favorite book ever is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. My friend reccommended it to me and when I first thought of it I was like, "Er...vampires?" but it's SOOO GOOD!! :thumb_yello:

I also love 1984 by George Orwell, Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger and A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. :)

Geez everyone loves that Twilight book. I should probably read it. I aslo want to read 1984, but I'm too lazy to stare at a page of words haha

My favorite author would have to be J.R.R. Tolkien. Lord of the Rings is really an amazing piece of work, and pretty much created the modern fantasy genre, but in my opinion, the Silmarillion is his real masterpiece.

I also like George R.R. Martin, and his A Song of Ice and Fire series, which is probably only second to Tolkien.

Then I love Robert Jordan and his Wheel of Time series, no matter how all over the place it is. the first five books easily rank up there with Martin and Tolkien.

I also love all the classics. 1984, Lord of the Flies, Dracula, The Once and Future King, The Great Gatsby, Paradise Lost, The Inferno, Beowulf, etc. so I'm a pretty big bookworm. :naughty: