Books...

Freya

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

omg i love that book! and the book is better than the movie! i also love jane austen's pride and prejudice :wub2: :wub2:

OMG!!! me too!!!

Even if there isn't a kiss in the whole book...but I admit I've always been in love with Darcy :wub2::roftl:

OMG!!! me too!!!

Even if there isn't a kiss in the whole book...but I admit I've always been in love with Darcy :wub2::roftl:

:shocked: me too!!! and i've always been jealous of elizabeth cause she's so smart...and i dream a love story like the one they had :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

:shocked: me too!!! and i've always been jealous of elizabeth cause she's so smart...and i dream a love story like the one they had :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

:roll1: yess! it's the same for me!!!

I always was a bit envious of her 'smart eyes' lol :naughty:

I'm jumping in without reading any posts but the original (I've been out for four days and came back to sixteen thousand some odd posts- what do you expect from me?)

My favorite author is Alexander Dumas, followed by my favorite book being The Count of Monte Cristo.

The last book I read... Was a big encyclopedia on Egyptology (Ever seen Egyptian-Roman art? Not pretty) does that count?

Besides Alexander Dumas' work, I would recommend... Peter Rabbit. In fact, all the Beatrix Potter stories. I say this because I've been going through old books lately, and came across my childhood collection of those books and fell right back in love with them. Go read them!

My favorite author is Alexander Dumas, followed by my favorite book being The Count of Monte Cristo.

As I said about 1,000 posts ago (:naughty: ) I loved that book!

I love classics so much :wub2:

As I said about 1,000 posts ago (:naughty: ) I loved that book!

I love classics so much :wub2:

Yeah, that's my favorite genre of books... And I just remember some of my other true favorites... Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott.

my favourite book is "l'ombra del vento" de Carlos Ruis Zafon:biggrin2:

“This place is a mystery, Daniel, a sanctuary. Every book, every volume that you see possesses a spirit, the spirit of who has written it and the spirit of those who has read it, of who it has lived and of who it has dreammed thanks to it. Every time that a book changes owner, every time who a new look of it grazes the pages, its spirit acquires force. Many years ago, when my father carried me here for before the time, this place was already old, nearly like the city. Nobody knows with certainty from how much time exists or who has created it. You I can only repeat what my father said to me: when a library to scompare, when a bookcase closes the clappers, when a book gets lost in the oblivion, we, caretakers of this place, makes so that it arrives here. And here the books that more nobody remembers, the lost books in the time, always live in order, waiting for day in which they will be able to return in the hands of a new reader, of a new spirit. We sell them and we buy them, but in reality the books do not belong to us never. Everyone of these books has been the better friend than someone. Now they have only we, Daniel. Tasks of being able to maintain the secretâ€

i love it!!:wink2:

have you ever heard of marcela serrano? she's a chilean writer.she's amazing, love her novels. one above all: nosotras que nos queremos tanto...i checked and think there's no english translation of this book...and it's a shame cause it's really good!

While I was staying at my Aunt and Uncle's beachhouse, I bought a book called "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan" and I am really enjoying it. Apparently, the author (Sophie Kinsella) has written loads of books, which I plan to buy after I finish this one. :)

• 11 months later...

Thought I'd bump this topic back up.... :)

I just finished a children's book called "Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry," by Mildred D. Taylor. It was about an African-American family living during the 1930s, all the while being surrounded by racism. I thought the story was quite good.

I'm currently reading the Bridge of Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. I like it thus far, but am dreading the ending because I know it will be sad.

Thought I'd bump this topic back up.... :)

I just finished a children's book called "Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry," by Mildred D. Taylor. It was about an African-American family living during the 1930s, all the while being surrounded by racism. I thought the story was quite good.

I'm currently reading the Bridge of Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. I like it thus far, but am dreading the ending because I know it will be sad.

i've read roll of thunder, i think i remember it being good, but it was a while ago.

i need to read Bridge to Terabithia! i didn't even see the movie because i wanted to read the book first.

I read Enders game, which can be a children's book, and that was really good.

and now i'm reading the Twentieth Wife for school, which is good so far.

I never saw the Bridge to Terabithia either, but I am actually glad of that. From what I saw in the trailers, it seems like it's quite different from the book. I might watch it after I finish the book!

I also just bought "Can You Keep a Secret?" by Sophie Kinsella today and am going to start it after I finish BTT.

The last book I read was The Host by Stephanie Meyer (I guess you could call her my favorite author) and I am currently reading Middlesex which a few MFCers suggested/