Books...

Freya

I never saw the Bridge to Terabithia either, but I am actually glad of that. From what I saw in the trailers, it seems like it's quite different from the book. I might watch it after I finish the book!

I also just bought "Can You Keep a Secret?" by Sophie Kinsella today and am going to start it after I finish BTT.

Oh my god, that movie made me cry so much :lmfao:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite book of all time is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I've read the book eight times and seen the movie 26 times! It's just amazing.

awww i love that one! the movie makes me cry!!!!!!!!!

i have read a lot recently, so idk which book is my favorite! lmao

• 3 weeks later...
Oh my god, that movie made me cry so much :lmfao:

:roftl: I have to see it now.

I am currently reading "Feed" by M.T. Anderson.

It's really weird and interesting. But I really like it so far haha. The way he wrote it is really funny. It makes you think. I'm not that far, but I'll let you guys know how it is once I'm done! :biggrin2:

It's really really interesting.

have you ever heard of marcela serrano? she's a chilean writer.she's amazing, love her novels. one above all: nosotras que nos queremos tanto...i checked and think there's no english translation of this book...and it's a shame cause it's really good!

Ooh really!? I'm from Chile!! I would love to read a book in Spanish haha, and from a Chilean writer.

I'll look it up :wink2: Thanks! :flowers2:

:roftl: I have to see it now.

I am currently reading "Feed" by M.T. Anderson.

It's really weird and interesting. But I really like it so far haha. The way he wrote it is really funny. It makes you think. I'm not that far, but I'll let you guys know how it is once I'm done! :biggrin2:

It's really really interesting.

I need a new book to read, so hurry up and finish that and let me know how it is :naughty:

I need a new book to read, so hurry up and finish that and let me know how it is :naughty:

OK :biggrin2:

What type of books do you like? Do you like fantasy? Fiction? Non-Ficton?

There's one called "The Book of Lost Things" by John Connolly that I've been wanting to read. Maybe you should check it out! :naughty:

OK :biggrin2:

What type of books do you like? Do you like fantasy? Fiction? Non-Ficton?

There's one called "The Book of Lost Things" by John Connolly that I've been wanting to read. Maybe you should check it out! :naughty:

I like fiction and fantasy....I guess. haha

Well I only want to buy books that I know are going to be good :naughty:

I like fiction and fantasy....I guess. haha

Well I only want to buy books that I know are going to be good :naughty:

:aah:

Ahh I see. So you want them to be pre-read by someone to tell if they're good or not. :naughty:

Well how about reading the summary??

High in his attic bedroom, twelve-year-old David mourns the loss of his mother. He is angry and he is alone, with only the books on his shelf for company.

But those books have begun to whisper to him in the darkness, and as he takes refuge in the myths and fairytales so beloved of his dead mother he finds that the real world and the fantasy world have begun to meld. The Crooked Man has come, with his mocking smile and his enigmatic words: 'Welcome, your majesty. All hail the new king.'

And as war rages across Europe, David is violently propelled into a land that is both a construct of his imagination yet frighteningly real, a strange reflection of his own world composed of myths and stories, populated by wolves and worse-than-wolves, and ruled over by a faded king who keeps his secrets in a legendary book . . .

The Book of Lost Things.

Hmm? Yeah? :naughty:

(And how about a library? You won't have to buy them :naughty:)

:aah:

Ahh I see. So you want them to be pre-read by someone to tell if they're good or not. :naughty:

Well how about reading the summary??

High in his attic bedroom, twelve-year-old David mourns the loss of his mother. He is angry and he is alone, with only the books on his shelf for company.

But those books have begun to whisper to him in the darkness, and as he takes refuge in the myths and fairytales so beloved of his dead mother he finds that the real world and the fantasy world have begun to meld. The Crooked Man has come, with his mocking smile and his enigmatic words: 'Welcome, your majesty. All hail the new king.'

And as war rages across Europe, David is violently propelled into a land that is both a construct of his imagination yet frighteningly real, a strange reflection of his own world composed of myths and stories, populated by wolves and worse-than-wolves, and ruled over by a faded king who keeps his secrets in a legendary book . . .

The Book of Lost Things.

Hmm? Yeah? :naughty:

(And how about a library? You won't have to buy them :naughty:)

Yes :naughty:

Hmm....sounds interesting...sort of cheesy, but then again, Twilight sounded cheesy as well until I read it.

I have bad luck with libraries :fisch:

Yes :naughty:

Hmm....sounds interesting...sort of cheesy, but then again, Twilight sounded cheesy as well until I read it.

I have bad luck with libraries :fisch:

All summaries sound cheesy :naughty: They're just trying to lure you in with cheesiness.

Oh really? Do you have a story? :naughty:

my favourite books are p.s i love you, where rainbows end, if you could see me now, a place called here all by cecelia ahern (I must say the best one is p.s I love you which is now a film)

I have her new book thanks for the memories & have just started to read it, i've so far read 5 chapters & it seems to be just as good as all her other books!!

I also love all the books by louise rennison (there's quite a few 8 so far I believe) they're all like diaries about a girl called georgia nicolson & they're very, very funny. here's the website so you can have a look & also find out the titles in order (I can't remember anymore my brains failing me lol)

http://www.georgianicolson.com/

Also a book I truly recommend to ANYONE & EVEYONE even If you don't like him (or know him) at all is Derren Brown's book tricks of the mind, it's NOT an autobiography it's quite an interesting & intelligent book & will probably no doubt change the way you view things (it really is worth giving a try) And may I point out if any of you have the book (or buy a copy) I have a way to tell if it's a genuine 1st edition (pm me if you want to know)

I haven't read the whole thread, just thought I'd pop in and mention the last book I read...

Mort - by Terry Pratchett

and the one before that was

Moving Pictures - by Terry Pratchett

OK, so I have a thing for Terry Pratchett!

The last one before that was

The Devil Wears Prada - by Lauren Weisenburger (or whatever her name is, I can't be bothered going into my bedroom to check!)

I got all three for mother's day.

well at the moment the two books on my mind are:

Count of Monte Cristo:mf_lustslow:

and

Pride and Prejudice:wub2:

absolutly amazing!!

(currently trying to read little women, but so far not much success:thumbdown: and was also reading Les Miserables, but got distracted:bleh:)

All summaries sound cheesy :naughty: They're just trying to lure you in with cheesiness.

Oh really? Do you have a story? :naughty:

I guess that's true :naughty:

Not really....I just never return my books and then they hate me :wink2: