Slow down MIKA - we need you!

violet_sky

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh is he sick again?:shocked:

Poor Mika! He should really take some time off and relax a bit.

Like violet_sky said- WE ALL LOVE YOU MIKA! GET BETTER SOON!!

Exactly!!!! I REALLY hope that he'll get a rest soon...

Flying while having an ear infection can be very painful, even dangerous for your ear drums. That might be the reason why he was not able to come to Stockholm.

Get well soon Mika, take good care of yourself!

And please don't let this happen to you: :stretcher::wink2:

True. I have heard of people whose ear drums have bursted because they had a cold and then went on a flight. :shocked:

I am glad Mika didn't travel... I am sorry for the fans. I am sure Mika will make it up to you guys, though! :thumb_yello:

Side note: I do not think Mika is really in control of his schedule to choose when he can vacation or take a rest. On the contrary, I think that is really in someone else's power and I hope that person sees that Mika really needs to recuperate and get enough rest (sleep--as he's said he is tired of being tired and would like to sleep more) in order to continue his tour.

I have a feeling that whoever is in charge of Mika are thinking of driving him to the bone to see how much he can take before collapsing. I don't think they really care about his well-being, as long as he can manage to give concert after concert. As a matter of fact, I am sure that they will not stop until Mika seriously cannot perform/gets seriously ill :thumbdown:

Its so difficult to judge what is enough and what isn't. Mika is definitely pushing himself/being pushed to certain limits...this has happened with several newcomers, in particular James Morrison. He ended up canceling his entire Asian Tour along with some European gigs. He kept falling ill with throat infections etc and was being run down. It'd be such a shame to see this happen with Mika, but unfortunately time waits for no-one. When there's a window of opportunity you just have to take it while you can, hopefully Mika and his management know the limits and won't let him burn out...

I along with others, will be awfully disappointed if Mika happened to cancel any gigs that I had planned to go to- but that's all it is disappointment- it pails in comparison to ill health.

Keep well and take care of yourself Mika:original:

• 3 weeks later...
Bump ...:bleh:

And again: Get well soon, Mika, no carreer on earth is worth more than your health!

I most strongly agree with that!:thumb_yello: If he plans to continue with that tempo he'll career wont' last long because he won't last long, neither.:hypo: I know it sounds terrible but it's true.

Mika get some rest, please!

Mika, please slow down, honey! (I sound like a concerned mother :roftl:)

We all want to see you and we all want you to be able to see all of us, but we also want to see a healthy Mika! Your health is very important to us! So take a break, have a nice, relaxing vacation lying on the couch, watching television, eating whatever you want, drinking lots of water and waking up at noon. :)

We love you and care about you! :)

Maybe (hopefully) he'll take all of september off and rest. I would rather wait until next year for Mika to come back to NY then for him to have a nervous breakdown due to exhaustion.

Feel better ok :bleh:

Yeah! I've heard that he'll be doing another US tour in September, and as much as that would make me over-the-top happy, what would make me even more happy would be for him to rest for the entirety of the month. I'd love to see him again soon, but I'm willing to wait if it means that he gets some rest, relaxation and completely well.

Yeah! I've heard that he'll be doing another US tour in September, and as much as that would make me over-the-top happy, what would make me even more happy would be for him to rest for the entirety of the month. I'd love to see him again soon, but I'm willing to wait if it means that he gets some rest, relaxation and completely well.

Yes, he should finally go to that nice lodge somewhere in Swiss Alps.:wink2:

Oh no boy! not again! :no:

Oh Mika...please, repeat with me:

I___N-E-E-D___S-O-M-E___R-E-S-T!!!!

a hundred times!! :sneaky2:

Oh I'm just kidding, but please...relax hobbi!!! (look to my signature for the translation :bleh: )

*adopts a stern, motherly voice*

Mika Penniman! Slow down, boy! You seem to be getting sick an awful lot!

My tips:

1) Eat more fruits and vegetables! I'm sure your schedule is so crazy sometimes you can barely eat at all, but please, try hard to eat right! Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc. And try to avoid fake foodstuffs like aspartame, colorants, glucose-fructose, etc. Those tax your immune system.

2) Swap your Earl Grey for some echinacea tea every now and then...it could help fend off infections.

3) However often you're washing your hands, wash them three times as often! (Not to imply that Mika doesn't wash his hands, of course, but huge lineups of people and airplanes and such aren't exactly sanitary).

Take care of yourself, Mika! Although, I'm sure your mother/sisters/aunties are telling you that already. :sneaky2:

I just come back from the fitness centre around the corner, I enjoyed a relaxing 15 minutes under the solarium. When the 15 minutes were over and the noise stopped I heard a remix of 'Don't stop me now' coming from the aerobics room. Isn't it ironic?

'Don't stop me now - I'm having such a good time!'

But he has to look after himself though... :sneaky2:

Yeah, what I want to say to him:

He came from nothing to something. Suddenly he started to tour and do lots and loads of gigs. Appareantly that's a shock for your body.

I guess.. Something like that. :D