Pics from 'Big Girl'video set

paula.pop

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The hyp up for the Big Girl video premiere is going to be soooo much bigger than it was for Love today simply because we Know people starring in the Video :biggrin2:

I don't think it's a problem to post these--after all, it's just photos of the shoot, not parts of the video itself. Plus it all looks terrific and is just making everyone more excited! And it's not like anyone buys the video--the point of a video is to act as promotion. This is only helping it.

The only issue to consider is whether these photos were posted publically or privately, and whether people want their myspace pictures all over the net.

--Jack

The hyp up for the Big Girl video premiere is going to be soooo much bigger than it was for Love today simply because we Know people starring in the Video :biggrin2:

WHOS STARRING IN IT????

SORRY IM A BIT SLOW!!!:biggrin2: :biggrin2:BUT I WILL JUST SHOUT TO PPL...I KNOW THEM!!!! *HEHE*

Maybe I'm being unfair here but this is starting to really wind me up it is really easy to be all smug and i want to keep this all a suprise when you know whats going on. We tried to go to this and were even told by the band and mika to get ourselves along last sunday night when we spoke to him.

I thought this forum was for friends to chat about mika not for some people to make themselves feel important. I'm a grown up and i don't like being told it will spoil the suprise by people who happened to be lucky enough to be there.

Maybe i am taking this too personally but people were here waiting with baited breath to hear what had happened, and then when they got back nobody would say.... how would people feel if when we went to a gig nobody would say anything ... well it MIGHT 1 day appear in a video.

I considered people here friends and now i feel pushed out and tbh very p****d off:furious:

If you were told by mika or one of mika's people not to say fair enough but from what i can pick up this is not the case you are just enjoying having one up .

Also how can the pics posted spoil anything on the Video, they are still shots from a street in London that Mika happened to be on. The fact that it has big girls in costume is hardly a surprise now is it:bleh:

Maybe I'm being unfair here but this is starting to really wind me up it is really easy to be all smug and i want to keep this all a suprise when you know whats going on. We tried to go to this and were even told by the band and mika to get ourselves along last sunday night when we spoke to him.

I thought this forum was for friends to chat about mika not for some people to make themselves feel important. I'm a grown up and i don't like being told it will spoil the suprise by people who happened to be lucky enough to be there.

Maybe i am taking this too personally but people were here waiting with baited breath to hear what had happened, and then when they got back nobody would say.... how would people feel if when we went to a gig nobody would say anything ... well it MIGHT 1 day appear in a video.

I considered people here friends and now i feel pushed out and tbh very p****d off:furious:

If you were told by mika or one of mika's people not to say fair enough but from what i can pick up this is not the case you are just enjoying having one up .

Also how can the pics posted spoil anything on the Video, they are still shots from a street in London that Mika happened to be on. The fact that it has big girls in costume is hardly a surprise now is it:bleh:

Thankyou i feel the same i waited up really late last night to hear reports only to be told its a secret :boxed:

i would like to know if Mika or Mika's people told anyone not to say anything but i wont force anyone to spill the beans its up to them what they do with their experiences and such :cool:

the only thing that im annoyed about is that ppl are saying how good it is but are not even giving us a hint of whats happening....BUT I DO UNDERSTAND IF THEYVE GOT TO KEEP IT SECRET!!!!!

AND PLUS THEY ARE COMPLETELY SHATTERED FROM A LONG DAY!!!!!:bleh:

BUT WE ARE STILL ALL FRIENDS!!!:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

This is true, plus it's not like sharing the experiences of the day possibly COULD give away the video, since there's still editing, etc., to go through. It's not like they just point the camera, shoot, and have the final product right there: all anyone could share at this point is the concept behind some scenes that may or may not end up in the video. There will probably be all sorts of other stuff intercut and edited in anyway, and the scenes will not likely look the same way they did on the street.

So unless people were told directly not to talk about it, I don't see what the big deal is. Especially since your personal accounts of it are likely to be along the lines of "we got there early, then had to wait a bit. They put us into costumes and makeup: my costume was really sparkly! Then they got us into a big group and tried to show us what to do. I kept worrying my top was going to ride down on film, that would have been so embarassing! We had to do the same thing again and again and that got rather boring, but Mika was there and so it was great, he was so funny when he was giving directions, blah blah etc etc." Would that type of account really "spoil" anything?

--Jack

I can understand people not giving away about the actual video, but you could still post a full blown report without any of that. eg we all assembled at location X at whatever time. We were told we would all be going to Croydon. How did you get to Croydon, what was the journey like, where was Mika did he travel with you or meet you at Croydon? What happened pre filming? Did you get your hair and make up done? How many extras there were? What time did you break for lunch? Was lunch provided? When did you get chance to grab piccies with Mika, was that before between or after fliming? That's just a few of the hundreds of questions I have ... sure I'm not alone, answers to none of these would reveal anything about what the video will look like. Come on guys, we want to know things about the day that to you are probably trivial, but to those of us who weren't there are really interesting.

Edited to say posted simultaneously with Jack ... great minds!

I can understand why people wouldn't wanna say what happens in the video, but I can't really get why they can't tell if they spoke to him and how it was to meet the others and who was actually there and such :boxed: But on the other hand, I never got around to writing an actual report of the times I've been to something, so euhm I won't complain too loudly :fisch:

Hahah, yes, that's exactly what I meant! I mean, I'd appreciate some details on what type of things they were told to do, because I don't think that would give much away anyway, but even if you want to keep that secret, surely you can share other things!

--Jack

I can understand people not giving away about the actual video, but you could still post a full blown report without any of that. eg we all assembled at location X at whatever time. We were told we would all be going to Croydon. How did you get to Croydon, what was the journey like, where was Mika did he travel with you or meet you at Croydon? What happened pre filming? Did you get your hair and make up done? How many extras there were? What time did you break for lunch? Was lunch provided? When did you get chance to grab piccies with Mika, was that before between or after fliming? That's just a few of the hundreds of questions I have ... sure I'm not alone, answers to none of these would reveal anything about what the video will look like. Come on guys, we want to know things about the day that to you are probably trivial, but to those of us who weren't there are really interesting.

Exactly its the small insignificant details that we are interested in :blush-anim-cl:

I'd like som information too, about how the filming was, and everything else that happened.

Not exacly what the final video is like, because we'll see that in a couple of months ^^

Maybe I'm being unfair here but this is starting to really wind me up it is really easy to be all smug and i want to keep this all a suprise when you know whats going on.

Really sorry that you feel like this but I think you may have misinterpreted the reason for people keeping this quiet. I can only speak for myself but it is certainly not a case of wanting to 'have one up' on those who were not there. I have posted all of my photos from the Brighton and Shepherds Bush gigs in the past and uploaded videos on our myspace page. I love to read about other peoples experiences which is why I always share my own but in this case I think posting photos or describing the concept of the video would detract from the impact of the finished product. This is just my personal opinion but one I think I'm entitled to.

I will of course share my photos and experiences when I feel the time is right

Jules

x

I was just thinking..........

If anyone would give a written account of the making of the video and that person would see the video after that what would he say?

Oh, is that what they meant by.......................!!!!!!!!!! We all make our own pictures when we read.

Or am I wrong?

A written account will always trigger the imagination of the person who reads it. Let that imagination work for all of us.

And when the video is out - we will all say: Oh, is that what they were doing!

Nel

I really don't care about the video ... it's a pop video for gods sake it has mika in it what else matters..... i know i won't notice anyone else ... well maybe the guys from the band.... i wanted to know the stupid things like how long was he there what was for lunch all of the stuff that was mentioned before.... but tbh i am kinda bored with the whole subject and won't be coming back to any of the video threads to see what the "film stars" think!!