Watch Mika live in Preston online!! from 8 pm

paula.pop

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he does sound a bit tired.. But he jumps around like crazy!!!!!

Yeah, I was noticing that! Though it's very difficult to both jump and sing like that. I still feel he should rest. I've been noticing that he always sings much better when he performs after a few days' break! Which only makes sense, of course.

--Jack

I loved his little "drum" solo! :-D

Am not so enthusiastic about these new arrangements for the songs though... I mean, I know it gets tiring playing them the same way all the time, but I think I prefer them in their more "traditional" incarnations... Plus Mika sounds a bit tired/worn out... hmm. He should rest more!

--Jack

(Always always love "Lollipop" though!)

I thought his additions to the songs was great. Really gave the songs some ooomph. And the crowd seemed to like it:thumb_yello:

I thought his additions to the songs was great. Really gave the songs some ooomph. And the crowd seemed to like it:thumb_yello:

Oh, I don't mean the additions--except maybe a bit on "Love Today"--I mean the musical arrangements. Like, the songs were played at a noticeably different tempo and such today, almost like alternate versions. :-)

And a few of us agree, but what's he doing now? Maybe he can have a rest for a couple of days?

Thanks for that Bab, as I felt a bit heretical saying it:blink: Well I've just had to watch it sitting with my fuddy-duddy inlaws, it was a nightmare as they slagged him off so much.:blink:

And if it's true he han't been well, then it was actually a real achievement today.

Wohoo! I saw him perform a part of Grace Kelly and Lollipop. :biggrin2: What else did he sing?

He sang: Relax, Big Girls, Billie Brown .. erh.. what came then.. Love today, sweet dreams, Grace Kelly and Lollipop.. More??

Oh, I don't mean the additions--except maybe a bit on "Love Today"--I mean the musical arrangements. Like, the songs were played at a noticeably different tempo and such today, almost like alternate versions. :-)

I think because we are so used to listening to the songs the original way it the new tempo'd versions sound odd. But I thought they were fab with a bit more razamatazz. He probably gets so bored playing the songs a certain way he thought sod it I will funk them up a bit. The Love Today bit I thoroughly loved. He did that at Sheperds Bush and everyone went mental. Plus he really knows how to work a crowd, getting them involved in singing and clapping etc. Some of the audience looked a bit bored but the others seemed really enthusiastic.

He sang: Relax, Big Girls, Billie Brown .. erh.. what came then.. Love today, sweet dreams, Grace Kelly and Lollipop.. More??

Didn't he say he would get in to trouble if he sang Sweet Dreams. He did it anyway and I loved it. He will probably get into trouble, although I shouldn't see why, his version was ace. I would definitely buy that

Thanks for that Bab, as I felt a bit heretical saying it:blink: Well I've just had to watch it sitting with my fuddy-duddy inlaws, it was a nightmare as they slagged him off so much.:blink:

And if it's true he han't been well, then it was actually a real achievement today.

They want to get down and with it. :naughty: On Monday the man next to me was 70 and he was up clapping and everything!

They want to get down and with it. :naughty: On Monday the man next to me was 70 and he was up clapping and everything!

:naughty:

My mother in law is the biggest musical snob in the world:thumbdown: but don't get me started on her....:naughty: