GMA Free Outdoor Mika Concert - Bryant Park, New York City

Yoppappop

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is, for sure (I've been to GMA several times before). GMA always does 2 songs, sometimes the artist does 3 if we get lucky. The artist has a quick word with Robin or Diane or whoever (we won't be able to hear them, really, though- You'll have to watch at home to even know what they said :naughty:). So unless you're near, it really is, a TV-taping (I've been to this taping before) for their time-slot. I would say... It's definitely shorter than a typical "festival set" that's usually 10-15 minutes. It's more like 7-12 minutes. So that's just my warning- It's not something you would fly-in for. If you're not it the area. He's coming to the US in the fall. Jerry told us he's coming to NY in September, and I think he told Boston people the same thing.

Jerry told us he's coming to NY in September, and I think he told Boston people the same thing.

I think there's a chance the US tour is going to be pushed back until next year. Mika had a couple of suspicious double bookings that were fobbed off as illness, but this recent spate of cancellations tells me that something is really wrong. He seems to be hobbling along, doing only what is absolutely necessary in a month where he didn't have that much scheduled to start with.

It's getting rather late in the day to announce dates in September so if we don't hear in the next week or two he is probably taking some time off to recover from whatever it is that's nagging him healthwise. If he doesn't, we can probably expect cancellations throughout the rest of the year because something hasn't been right with him for weeks and it seems to be getting worse, not better.

I have hardly just heard at the TV that Mika has cancelled his show on august 10th because of its health which obliges him to stay in Europe

I don't know what happen for NY but I really hope for you that it's not true!

Great...Well I wish I could know soon just cause, but I still don't think he'll cancel that just because...idk

I guess we'll all have to wait and see!

No one really knows what exactly is going on with MIKA and I really don't think he is coming to the US in September. We are in August already and trust me I have been checking Ticketmaster.com almost every day and no dates for MIKA as of yet. I love him..........a lot but I prefer for him to take a break instead of coming and cancelling shows.

By the way, I was watching some of the performance at GMA and the crowds are pretty big and there is a fence that separate the performer from the fans. WOW

I am really going but I don't how that is going to work.

Yeah, i really doubt that theres gonna be any US dates this year. But i'd rather MIKA gets better completely before even announcing any dates. I'm sure that none of us can take any more cancellations. Even though theres bound to be many more in his career. I just hope he gets better by next year. And as for GMA, whatever happens, happens. If he has to stay in Europe to recover, then he better stay in Europe. Even if it means tons of MFCers being dissapointed. I want whats best for him, and if that means cancelling shows so he can get better, then thats what he should do.

i know im going to try to see him after the show!

i have backstage passes, but who knows if he'll stil be back there by the time i get through the crowds.

*crosses fingers for me, and everyone else!*

aww that's awesome :) How did you get backstage passes? you must have connections...

aww that's awesome :) How did you get backstage passes? you must have connections...

well, only this time. My friends dad just happens to set up the good morning america shows so we're getting the full v.i.p treatment

if only it could be this easy everytime

I somehow doubt he'll stay long afterwords and do the signing thing, but then again I've never been to an event like that..

I was thinking that too, but I mean, he cancelled his gig that he had for later that night. And he seems to ALWAYS make time for his fans, I mean, at Nokia his assistant and manager were telling him, mika no more autographs,and he ignored them and signed every persons poster that was there.

well, only this time. My friends dad just happens to set up the good morning america shows so we're getting the full v.i.p treatment

if only it could be this easy everytime

I was thinking that too, but I mean, he cancelled his gig that he had for later that night. And he seems to ALWAYS make time for his fans, I mean, at Nokia his assistant and manager were telling him, mika no more autographs,and he ignored them and signed every persons poster that was there.

That's awesome!

I'm really hoping people will get a chance to meet him! *cough* me*cough*

That's what's making me really HOPE and think he might stay a little after the show and make an appearance.

I've never been to an event like GMA before.

SO EXCITED!!!

That's awesome!

I'm really hoping people will get a chance to meet him! *cough* me*cough*

That's what's making me really HOPE and think he might stay a little after the show and make an appearance.

I've never been to an event like GMA before.

SO EXCITED!!!

Yeah just don't give your hopes up. We were lucky at New York where we waited long enough...and he was amazingly nice to sign all of our stuff and stay and chat...but I feel like GMA might be a little different.

I do hope we do get to of course! We'll see!

Yeah just don't give your hopes up. We were lucky at New York where we waited long enough...and he was amazingly nice to sign all of our stuff and stay and chat...but I feel like GMA might be a little different.

I do hope we do get to of course! We'll see!

Yea, I feel it'll be different at GMA too since it isn't an actual gig.

Oh well, if I don't, seeing him will be enough! And there's always next time! :D

Yea, I feel it'll be different at GMA too since it isn't an actual gig.

Oh well, if I don't, seeing him will be enough! And there's always next time! :D

Exactly! :thumb_yello:

haha...at least that's what i keep telling myself!

Exactly! :thumb_yello:

haha...at least that's what i keep telling myself!

hope u all have the best time and that mika kick ass at the show! im sure he will ;)

i still wish i could be there but the flight is like 600$ :boxed:

im thinking maybe to save this money and go see him in london :bleh:

yey 4 days to go :) and i'm going to NY in 3 for the first time :biggrin2:.. does anyone know how many songs artists normally do on GMA? (soz if it's already been asked, haven't read the whole thread :fisch:)