Mika fans needed for channel 4 documentary

TBA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it at a university or a restaurant or something I'm trying to find out the post code so I can go and look on flash earth to get a feel for the place.

It's at the Great Northern Square, an outdoor mini-amphitheatre-type place, next to the GMEX conference centre. You can see it REALLY clearly on Google Earth! Go and look.

i'm off to do exactly that now!

:biggrin2:

:sneaky2:

weep weep weep

he is on RIGHT NOW oh I can't bear the pain, I think I better go and have my enormous sobbing wailing crying the ocean of tears then I may feel better.....NOT...I want to cry and it's so ridiculous I defo need a good slapping and bringing back down to earth, I think it's cos it was so near yet so far as I was nearly "in" so to speak.

LOL (MEANT IRONICALLY)

I've needed a good slapping over Mika since January :roftl:

This is why there is no justice in the world:

I've just texted my good friend - single and child-free, no ties, works in Manchester, coming out of work right now. Told her about the gig, told her to GO, in my excitement. BUT SHE HATES MIKA and wouldn't go near him with a bargepole.

And yet here WE are!

:shocked::thumbdown:

Thank you Saralou I was trying to torture myself further and it worked lol, if I'm gonna feel cr*ppy I may as well go in for it big time, cos I haven't felt depressed once since Mika touched my ears and eyes (I'm waiting in hope he touches more parts of me sooner or later) lol though realistically I would get arrested if I tried to push him into it...me being his granny n all :bleh:

(I am SOOO delusional, I am living in hope he is gonna text someone from MFC's mobile and send me a message lmao god I need to get out more).:insane:

This would be his text..."get help you fool".

Hang on - does this mean I could have gone ? ! ? !http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=3811480462&MyToken=c03f1023-8416-43e2-8156-cd959c014030

maybe it was a sep area - girls said you could have seen from outside! :(

Hang on - does this mean I could have gone ? ! ? !http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=3811480462&MyToken=c03f1023-8416-43e2-8156-cd959c014030

maybe it was a sep area - girls said you could have seen from outside! :(

Yep it does , that came from Mikasounds late afternoon .. hence a few annoyed people at the moment

Yes Carrinevie I'm sorry for you especially! And for Sparkly1. And others, I'm sure.

Knowing the venue I think you probably could see from outside!

Had a text from Akim just now - she reckons Sara and BexxY had 'gone looking for Mika' :roftl: Let's hope they found him:roftl:

Here is a brief review I found in today's Manchester Evening News Online (link to follow, includes good pictures:thumb_yello: ).

Hope it hasn't already been posted, and that this is the appropriate thread:shocked:

Mika surprise wows crowds

28/ 6/2007

POP sensation Mika surprised music lovers with a surprise gig in Manchester last night.

The Lebanese singer – who topped the charts earlier this year with single Grace Kelly - played a free open air gig at the Great Northern Warehouse centre.

Around 300 people attended the secret gig after receiving a text invite from mobile phone firm Vodaphone.

The high-pitched singer and his band performed a short set on a specially erected stage, which included his new single Big Girls.

Audience members were asked to wear fancy dress for the gig.

The event coincided with the launch of the Manchester International Festival, which will see dozens of new shows and performances staged over the next 18-days.

One of the highlights of the festival will be the premiere of Monkey: Journey To The West, composed by Damon Albarn

The link, with good pictures! :

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/entertainment/music/s/1010/1010125_mika_surprise_wows_crowds.html

Ooops! I didn't see this here -- I've posted it in the News thread as a separate item as well! :(

Here is a brief review I found in today's Manchester Evening News Online (link to follow, includes good pictures:thumb_yello: ).

Hope it hasn't already been posted, and that this is the appropriate thread:shocked:

Mika surprise wows crowds

28/ 6/2007

POP sensation Mika surprised music lovers with a surprise gig in Manchester last night.

The Lebanese singer – who topped the charts earlier this year with single Grace Kelly - played a free open air gig at the Great Northern Warehouse centre.

Around 300 people attended the secret gig after receiving a text invite from mobile phone firm Vodaphone.

The high-pitched singer and his band performed a short set on a specially erected stage, which included his new single Big Girls.

Audience members were asked to wear fancy dress for the gig.

The event coincided with the launch of the Manchester International Festival, which will see dozens of new shows and performances staged over the next 18-days.

One of the highlights of the festival will be the premiere of Monkey: Journey To The West, composed by Damon Albarn

The link, with good pictures! :

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/entertainment/music/s/1010/1010125_mika_surprise_wows_crowds.html

That's okay dcdeb!

Better twice than not at all:naughty:

True! And the photos are so lovely (as is the main subject) we wouldn't

have wanted anyone to miss them!

Thanks! :)

stunning pix, I have found a new fave now :thumb_yello:thanx girls, was the gun he has one of the cowgirls from MFC who said they were gonna be cowgirls??

I don't know but he had a crown on during Ring Ring, sparkly, pop down to the appleman thread, I did a long rambly post there. Lord I am so tired, haven't slept yet since Tuesday night, please excuse me!