MIKA @ Manchester Apollo

-Jennie-

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found them for a fair bit less than that but still not cheap.

I really hate that you are allowed to sell tickets on Ebay. I'm sure there are genuine cases of people that bought them and now can't go but I'm sure most of them are just doing it for the profit which isn't fair to fans!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dressing up is optional, but MFCers often do.

I got to drive to Manchester, I'm not looking forward to it, I know its only about 2 n a half hours drive, but I HATE driving and I dunno whether to stay overnight in a hotel or drive back the same night, I'm staying over in Doncaster and I'm not looking forward to that drive too but at least it's not right through a busy city center :blink: I'm sure Mika is trying to kill me indirectly :naughty:

Hiya guys, it's my first Mika concert and was wondering if people tend to dress up, fancy dress etc. or go just casual? I was desperately trying to find the blue corsetbig girl wears but haven't had any luck yet.:biggrin2:

Hey, firstly it's your first concert? I hope you enjoy it as much as I did on my first time round, nothing can prepare you for seeing him live. :)

On the dressing up thing, lots of people do, but lots of people don't too so I guess it just depends on what you are comfortable with.

For my first concert I didn't have the guts to dress up (I wish I had now tho) I just sprayed my hair purple and had a feather boa.

This time I'm dressing up fairly majorly, sort of a Ringmaster/ Lion tamer kinda thing, including top hat and leather whip!

This time I'm dressing up fairly majorly, sort of a Ringmaster/ Lion tamer kinda thing, including top hat and leather whip!

Thanks for that info, now I will be able to spot you easily :roftl: It sounds great!

I won't be dressing up as such as it's not really my thing, but I will try to make a bit of an effort. I think I may have a purple theme.

The friend I am taking would actually disown me if I wore fancy dress so I'm thinking of her too :naughty: I'm worried about her actually, she really doesn't like Mika and I don't think she's fully aware what she's letting herself in for :roftl: I know he'll win her over though!

Anyone else taking a Mikasceptic along :blink: ??

Hiya guys, it's my first Mika concert and was wondering if people tend to dress up, fancy dress etc. or go just casual? I was desperately trying to find the blue corsetbig girl wears but haven't had any luck yet.:biggrin2:

It's my first Mika concert too. I'm not going to go in fancy dress but I'm going to wear something colourful.

It's a good opportunity to let your hair down. Although I don't. I wear my gig clothes!

I'm flying all the way from new york city to go to his concert on nov 19 and 20th.... but i accidentally bought 2 tickets for the 19th (it was sold out when i bought it on ebay and i was way too excited to notice that the quantity said 2).... so if anyone needs one, just PM me! im not sketchy no worries :thumb_yello:

dressing up is optional, but MFCers often do.

I got to drive to Manchester, I'm not looking forward to it, I know its only about 2 n a half hours drive, but I HATE driving and I dunno whether to stay overnight in a hotel or drive back the same night, I'm staying over in Doncaster and I'm not looking forward to that drive too but at least it's not right through a busy city center :blink: I'm sure Mika is trying to kill me indirectly :naughty:

I've only got to come 10 miles or so, but I'll have to come from work. I'm not car-sharing though as I want to hang around afterwards with MFCers and the people I'm coming with will want to shoot off.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is everyone staying for this gig, I haven't even booked my train or room or anything yet, I wont drive cos then I will need a hotel with a car park and anyway I hate driving.

so people where are you all staying in Manchester?

BUMPETY BUMP BUMP

what hotels etc are you all staying in, I don't know Manchester Hotels at all.

Well I'm dossing on my friend's floor for the night - if I were staying at my own house I could put you up (although that would have meant me driving)but I don't think I can really put on my friend any more...

You could try the Travelodge in Manchester - there is one on Blackfriar's Street which is very central, although opposite side of town from the Apollo (but near taxi rank). Apollo is prob best reached by taxi anyway, it is walkeable from city centre but if the weather is bad...

I'm really not sure about hotels near the Apollo. I don't know that end of Manchester too well. Just the Salford side really.

Thank you very much, there are 2 hotels in this group for this price very near to each other, bout 10 mins walk I think it said, I will have a longer look tomorrow, then book one or the other, they are near ish to Piccadilly train station too, probs a small taxi ride away, is anyone else staying at one of these hotels?

Bump again.

I had a little look today and TRAVELODGE Manchester Central is doing double rooms for 19th November for half price (£26) if anyone is needing accommodation.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel.php?hotel_id=153

:biggrin2:

That's a good price, but as I've got work on Tuesday, sadly I'll have to go home! Oh for a weekend gig - oh yes, Saturday 14th, Donny. Hurrah.

Hi there

I did look into getting tickets for Manchester, but they are all sold out. Boo hoo... booo hooo weep and wail...

Still, if any of you are hanging out in Manchester, before, or after the gig, I would love to meet up with you, and get to know some other Mika fans.

I'm Marilyn Mastin. Please let me know if I can meet you.

Love today, from Marilyn

P.S. I will see Mika live if it's the last thing I do!!!

Hi there

I did look into getting tickets for Manchester, but they are all sold out. Boo hoo... booo hooo weep and wail...

Still, if any of you are hanging out in Manchester, before, or after the gig, I would love to meet up with you, and get to know some other Mika fans.

I'm Marilyn Mastin. Please let me know if I can meet you.

Love today, from Marilyn

P.S. I will see Mika live if it's the last thing I do!!!

I should be around!