MIKA @ Manchester Apollo

-Jennie-

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you're keeping up with my preparations ..... I bought too many tickets for this gig and have got people from work to go with me.

Like a geek, I made up a package for each one: a flashing heart, a list of the band members, a cd with Palladium on AND the ticket. And one of the girls (the only one who didn't pay yet!!!!!) has only lost hers and it's not turned up all day today. Honestly, you'd have thought she would have guarded it with her life.

This time next week we'll be high on the experience.

if you're keeping up with my preparations ..... I bought too many tickets for this gig and have got people from work to go with me.

Like a geek, I made up a package for each one: a flashing heart, a list of the band members, a cd with Palladium on AND the ticket. And one of the girls (the only one who didn't pay yet!!!!!) has only lost hers and it's not turned up all day today. Honestly, you'd have thought she would have guarded it with her life.

This time next week we'll be high on the experience.

How could she lose something so precious!?!

I hope it turns up!

As for my preparations...I had good intentions of wearing something bright - well purple but for me that's bright :naughty: but guess what, I've been a cop out and I'll be in black. But with bright jewellry (heart themed) and my new pink boots! Ah well my excuse is I didn't want to show my friend up too much (she will definitely not be extravagantly dressed, but I will FORCE a flashing heart on her, don't worry!).

I had my first major butterflies-in-stomach moment last night :punk:

Is no one going in costume :crybaby:I guess if not then I wont bother trying to rush making myself one (tho I'm gonna force my daughter to still go as a bumble bee ha ha, well she is 18 she can carry it off) :naughty:

Aw sorry! Don't let us stop you!

I've got some cat ears I might wear. That doesn't really count as dressing up though does it.:blink:

Yeah well if I was 18 I'd go as a bumble bee too :naughty:

Is no one going in costume :crybaby:I guess if not then I wont bother trying to rush making myself one (tho I'm gonna force my daughter to still go as a bumble bee ha ha, well she is 18 she can carry it off) QUOTE]

I'm dressing in my usual - hippy theme - my style not fancy dress :naughty:

Is your daughter doing drama or dance A level or something? (I watched her in the YouTube video)

My daft friend finally found the ticket!!!!

Is no one going in costume :crybaby:I guess if not then I wont bother trying to rush making myself one (tho I'm gonna force my daughter to still go as a bumble bee ha ha, well she is 18 she can carry it off) QUOTE]

I'm dressing in my usual - hippy theme - my style not fancy dress :naughty:

Is your daughter doing drama or dance A level or something? (I watched her in the YouTube video)

My daft friend finally found the ticket!!!!

yes she is a budding performer and is trying to get into a performing arts uni thing in London, in fact she just had yet another audition today in London at Itialia Conti, she says it was the nicest place so far, she didn't feel like she was in a cattle market like all the others.

It's 40 quid every time you audition for these places, not to mention the train fares at 80 quid a time and hotels etc, she has applied to about 8 places and they all have her coming down at diff times so she has been to London twice this week, and this is the only one so far who has treat her like a person and not a piece of cow muck.

But yeah she has been performing on stages since she was about 3-4 and totally adores it, she is great at English's but we cant talk her into going down that route, and I guess she has to at least try to live her dream or else she will forever wonder what if.

bumpity bump.....

I can't believe it's so close now. My heartrate is getting steadily higher about Monday......

Today I've packed my hearts, my MFC sign and my tickets in my work bag so I really can't forget them!

I've put my camera batteries to recharge and (I'm sad, I know) I've printed out everyone from the top of the page whose coming. I hope I get to meet lots of you.

Gatagordinha, I love your avatar!

yes she is a budding performer and is trying to get into a performing arts uni thing in London, in fact she just had yet another audition today in London at Itialia Conti, she says it was the nicest place so far, she didn't feel like she was in a cattle market like all the others.

It's 40 quid every time you audition for these places, not to mention the train fares at 80 quid a time and hotels etc, she has applied to about 8 places and they all have her coming down at diff times so she has been to London twice this week, and this is the only one so far who has treat her like a person and not a piece of cow muck.

But yeah she has been performing on stages since she was about 3-4 and totally adores it, she is great at English's but we cant talk her into going down that route, and I guess she has to at least try to live her dream or else she will forever wonder what if.

I wonder how she went on - has she heard back from any of her auditions?

I think you're right about letting her try to follow her dreams. My daughter's is to join the army :blink: I can't imagine how she came up with that one, but what use would it be to say no?

bumpity bump.....

I can't believe it's so close now. My heartrate is getting steadily higher about Monday......

Today I've packed my hearts, my MFC sign and my tickets in my work bag so I really can't forget them!

I've put my camera batteries to recharge and (I'm sad, I know) I've printed out everyone from the top of the page whose coming. I hope I get to meet lots of you.

I'm unusually calm!!

bumpity bump.....

Gatagordinha, I love your avatar!

List is a good idea! Don't forget to get flashing everyone. Ruth we shouldn't be able to miss you and your friends if you are all flashing away!

I'm unusually calm!!

I think I know what you mean! It's all a bit surreal :naughty:

Oh yes :-) That sounds great.....

I've just ploughed through the Glasgow review thread (120 pages!) which hasn't much in the way of reviews.

I just can't believe that I'll be writing one after tomorrow night.

We are going to be so cold and wet!

Well after freezing my nuts off in summer at Somerset House, I am gonna go for comfort over fashion because my body shook so much waiting all those hours before an after the gig that it ached like crazy for hours, (it had got to the point where I had to stop myself saying "I don't think I can wait here any longer this is agony" and then we had to walk what seemed like miles back to our "Grace Kelly" suite at the backpackers palace (er I mean hostel).

So that means making myself look like a prat then so be it, I am opting for a kinda teddy bear look (think bits of nice warm fur) under a huge plastic poncho and furry flat boots. (course I will have to whip half of it off in the gig as it will be roasting in there), so I am gonna need a huge bag to put it all in, hmmmm this giging malarki takes so much planning and effort pffft, it's a good job he is worth it.

Well after freezing my nuts off in summer at Somerset House, I am gonna go for comfort over fashion because my body shook so much waiting all those hours before an after the gig that it ached like crazy for hours, (it had got to the point where I had to stop myself saying "I don't think I can wait here any longer this is agony" and then we had to walk what seemed like miles back to our "Grace Kelly" suite at the backpackers palace (er I mean hostel).

So that means making myself look like a prat then so be it, I am opting for a kinda teddy bear look (think bits of nice warm fur) under a huge plastic poncho and furry flat boots. (course I will have to whip half of it off in the gig as it will be roasting in there), so I am gonna need a huge bag to put it all in, hmmmm this giging malarki takes so much planning and effort pffft, it's a good job he is worth it.

I'm worried now, it's forecast to be very cold and showery - I don't normally feel the cold too much (I've plenty of padding :roftl: ) and I really do not want to have a load of coats and hats and scarves. Guess I'll just have to suffer.

I have bought a bright pink umbrella though, just for the occasion. Mika can borrow it, it's just his thing :naughty:

OMG I am so excited, I've been doing a house-cleaning frenzy this morning because I cannot sit still - it's as if I'm about to give birth or something (the mothers will know what I mean :naughty: ).

I'm worried now, it's forecast to be very cold and showery - I don't normally feel the cold too much (I've plenty of padding :roftl: ) and I really do not want to have a load of coats and hats and scarves. Guess I'll just have to suffer.

I have bought a bright pink umbrella though, just for the occasion. Mika can borrow it, it's just his thing :naughty:

OMG I am so excited, I've been doing a house-cleaning frenzy this morning because I cannot sit still - it's as if I'm about to give birth or something (the mothers will know what I mean :naughty: ).

i thought it always rainned in manchester:naughty:

ul have a fab time,ill b thinking of u all day tomorrow :biggrin2:

i thought it always rainned in manchester:naughty:

ul have a fab time,ill b thinking of u all day tomorrow :biggrin2:

Thanks Tia - we will try to enjoy ourselves :naughty:

Thing is, it's been really dry here in Manc this Autumn so it'll be bad luck if we get a downpour tomorrow :thumbdown:

I hope my home made badge holds out in the rain :naughty: