Mika @ Centre, Brighton - SOLD OUT

Yoppappop

thanks tia:biggrin2:

Regarding big M

If he is ill i dont feel sorry for him, he shouldnt book in so many gigs if he cant handle it, once is fine but this will be the SECOND time for the same town if he cancels.

I have again arranged babysitters to come fromover two hours away. Again my other half has taken time off work as have I and I dont feel at all sorry for Mika, he works less than the most of us.

If he cant handle it, he needs to allow a few days between each gig. Im not saying he should go ahead if he is ill, he shoudlnt, but he should think twice before arranging so many gigs so close together in the furture. I could go on , but I wont. :mf_rosetinted:

Get well soon MIKA, very soon:sneaky2:

awwww Jen, im sure it will all b fine!!! its weird i know where u are coming from and i totally understand wot u are saying, i am one of those ppl who have been canceled by mika and at the time i was very bitter!!!!

but iv kinda changed in the way i feel and i really feel sorry 4 the guy now, after watching him i see the effort that he puts in, it has to take it out of u, i mean i only followed him around 4 3days and i was a rite moody bitch by the end of it Lol

He has done to much this year and he never really gave himself chance to get over his illness from summer, we all want soooo much from him and its always "whens mika coming here" and "when will i see Mika"....

its a differcult one i see it from both sides, i really would like Mika too spend some time getting himself better and come back next year 100%...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't cancel for the same town twice.

As far as I'm concerned I'm confident that he'll be there to blow your mind :biggrin2: He'll be ace and I bet it's gonna be another 'best gig ever', even though there might be not much left of him after the show, when drugs (as in meds) have lost their effect. So I think if anything you might have to fear that he can't be bothered to stay for ages to sign stuff and take pics afterwards. I don't fear for the show itself. But I'm not happy.

awwww Jen, im sure it will all b fine!!! its weird i know where u are coming from and i totally understand wot u are saying, i am one of those ppl who have been canceled by mika and at the time i was very bitter!!!!

but iv kinda changed in the way i feel and i really feel sorry 4 the guy now, after watching him i see the effort that he puts in, it has to take it out of u, i mean i only followed him around 4 3days and i was a rite moody bitch by the end of it Lol

He has done to much this year and he never really gave himself chance to get over his illness from summer, we all want soooo much from him and its always "whens mika coming here" and "when will i see Mika"....

its a differcult one i see it from both sides, i really would like Mika too spend some time getting himself better and come back next year 100%...

I now he was lovely on stage and when i met him. I know he puts alot of effort in, he woudnt be sccessful if he didnt, he is lucky he has a job he loves.

My other half works from 6.30 am til 7 pm and gets tired he has to go to bed early so he can work, it is his repsonsibility...

And it is mika job to turn up and his schedule is too hetic anyone can see. Poor him, maybe, but he is getting paid alot more than you or I, he could just plan in a day or two between each gig and he'd be fine.

Anyway I hope he is felling better soon and maybe he will be there tonight..Lets hope:bleh:

As far as I'm concerned I'm confident that he'll be there to blow your mind :biggrin2: He'll be ace and I bet it's gonna be another 'best gig ever', even though there might be not much left of him after the show, when drugs (as in meds) have lost their effect. So I think if anything you might have to fear that he can't be bothered to stay for ages to sign stuff and take pics afterwards. I don't fear for the show itself. But I'm not happy.

thanks i hope you are right, thanks:biggrin2:

I have been harsh but of course he shouldnt turn up if he is ill:wink2:

I now he was lovely on stage and when i met him. I know he puts alot of effort in, he woudnt be sccessful if he didnt, he is lucky he has a job he loves.

My other half works from 6.30 am til 7 pm and gets tired he has to go to bed early so he can work, it is his repsonsibility...

And it is mika job to turn up and his schedule is too hetic anyone can see. Poor him, maybe, but he is getting paid alot more than you or I, he could just plan in a day or two between each gig and he'd be fine.

Anyway I hope he is felling better soon and maybe he will be there tonight..Lets hope:bleh:

id b suprised if he cancels!!! i agree with VS thou mayb no signings, dont know.... ul have a great time, but its all a worry when uv made plans thats 4 sure!!!

I don't think it's him to do the tour planning. It kinda bothers me that in the end everything always comes down to him, he could have planned better, he should sleep more, blah. I think that is really stupid. I don't know how much sleep he gets or takes and it's really none of my business. And nobody knows if more 'free' days in between the gigs would make it any better.

I'm not his doctor but I think it is safe to say that he for sure is not happy being ill all the time (and he was ill a month ago at the Germany gigs already). Plus, I find that 'he's paid a lot more than you and I' argument really really silly, even more in that context. Face it, it is not a job like any other, it's a different business with different rules, different risks and issues. Besides, however much money he'll have in the end, he's worth every single dime of it.

It makes me really sad to read how he's blamed to be irresponsible considering his health and thus cheats on his oh so loyal fans. I'm quite sure these health issues worry him big time and he'd go to any lengths to get rid of them if he knew how. And I think the very last thing he needs is people to multiply the impact of his problem by accusing him of having provoked it. Next thing will be that he does it on purpose just to annoy the people who have bought tickets.

I'm so tired of reading how he never can do justice to everyone. 'If he's ill, he has to stay in bed and not perform.' and then again 'Ohh the show is cancelled because he is ill. Scandalous!'

No offence, I can understand that people might be disappointed if there'll be a cancellation. But first of all I think it's unlikely, he has been performing all the time while he was ill. And second, it is not a festival. Just in case the 'worst' might happen, tickets will be refunded or there'll be another date.

Ohhh and this is really not directed personally to anybody.

I just wanted to get rid of it.

I don't think it's him to do the tour planning. It kinda bothers me that in the end everything always comes down to him, he could have planned better, he should sleep more, blah. I think that is really stupid. I don't know how much sleep he gets or takes and it's really none of my business. And nobody knows if more 'free' days in between the gigs would make it any better.

I'm not his doctor but I think it is safe to say that he for sure is not happy being ill all the time (and he was ill a month ago at the Germany gigs already). Plus, I find that 'he's paid a lot more than you and I' argument really really silly, even more in that context. Face it, it is not a job like any other, it's a different business with different rules, different risks and issues. Besides, however much money he'll have in the end, he's worth every single dime of it.

It makes me really sad to read how he's blamed to be irresponsible considering his health and thus cheats on his oh so loyal fans. I'm quite sure these health issues worry him big time and he'd go to any lengths to get rid of them if he knew how. And I think the very last thing he needs is people to multiply the impact of his problem by accusing him of having provoked it. Next thing will be that he does it on purpose just to annoy the people who have bought tickets.

I'm so tired of reading how he never can do justice to everyone. 'If he's ill, he has to stay in bed and not perform.' and then again 'Ohh the show is cancelled because he is ill. Scandalous!'

No offence, I can understand that people might be disappointed if there'll be a cancellation. But first of all I think it's unlikely, he has been performing all the time while he was ill. And second, it is not a festival. Just in case the 'worst' might happen, tickets will be refunded or there'll be another date.

Ohhh and this is really not directed personally to anybody.

I just wanted to get rid of it.

I know that this is a mega post quoting so many people, but I really wanted to say that I agree with the posts by Tia and VS.

Specially the last post by VS, I second every word of it.

It's quite short sighted to think or say that "he" plans the tour and all that; He's an employee to the record company and he certainly doesn't have that much control over the schedule, I'm quite sure of that.

"He" is just trying to do what he can with the situation that he's in, and I'm sure that he's not happy about it himself.

It's just a silly situation and I'm actually quite upset about it all, cause in the end both parts are unhappy and things just don't work out.And all in the name of money? Cause let's face it, that is what it is...to keep costs down, they hop from city to city so that the whole "machinery" can keep ticking in the most economical way....

Maybe they should just raise the price of tickets slightly (Mika tix are not exactly the most expensive) and then make the slots between gigs longer?

Anyway it's not for me to say or plan this, but I am for sure not that happy about the whole thing. I want Mika to be happy and actually ENJOY his gigs like we do. At the moment I feel that he probably doesn't really enjoy them and just gets through every night.

I also worry about long term damage to his health and voice.

Oh well I will shut up as I could go on for ages :sneaky2: .

looks like there is a "brighton curse" :blink:

how weird...

i think he'll get a shot of painkillers and antibiotics, mixed with vitamins not to be sleepy, for tonight and the days after... but i'm not sure it's a very good long term solution... the other option is cancelling brighton (again) to be "sure" he can be ok in london... big cities over "little" ones...

looks like there is a "brighton curse" :blink:

how weird...

i think he'll get a shot of painkillers and antibiotics, mixed with vitamins not to be sleepy, for tonight and the days after... but i'm not sure it's a very good long term solution... the other option is cancelling brighton (again) to be "sure" he can be ok in london... big cities over "little" ones...

Oh, hi Yop, you seem to be around more often lately :wink2:

Here:

apples.jpg

But reading that YOU are starting to worry about the current M-situation doesn't seem a very good sign to me... :boxed:

Oh, hi Yop, you seem to be around more often lately :wink2:

Here:

apples.jpg

But reading that YOU are starting to worry about the current M-situation doesn't seem a very good sign to me... :boxed:

thanks, don't worry, just lurking so my opinion is worth what it is (peanuts) :wink2: you'll see if he performed or not tonight ! :thumb_yello:

and yes i'm around more often, i'm so bored... :bleh:

Okay,I guess as the one with the most insight of the whole travelling round the country thing, and in my case actually doing the driving, not being the passenger, I can understand whow tiring it can be to do, believe me I am totally wiped out, last night I didn't think I'd make it through the show, let alone Mika.

He does put 100% into every show, never wants to disappoint the fans, and mostly comes out to talk to the fans after, how many artists that we know of do that.

After the Amy Winehouse fiasco this week, I can't say that we can really have a go at Mika, as he has a more legitimate reason to cancel, if that happens, due to the fact that if his voice can't handle it, he should't sing.

Last night he didn't give a reason why he wasn't going to call it off, he just said that he was in bed and was thinking about it, but something obviously jarred him into getting up and doing it, and he still put on a blinding show, but I can sympathise with how tiring it is, having been following him for the UK leg, and he's been doing this for a year and a half.

I don't think he'll cancel tonight, it's too close to the end for him to drop out now, he may not stay talking for long after, like last night, but I'm sure he'll put on a great show. Besides tonight is the show little Jacks mother will be at, and I don't think he'd let her down.

Okay,I guess as the one with the most insight of the whole travelling round the country thing, and in my case actually doing the driving, not being the passenger, I can understand whow tiring it can be to do, believe me I am totally wiped out, last night I didn't think I'd make it through the show, let alone Mika.

He does put 100% into every show, never wants to disappoint the fans, and mostly comes out to talk to the fans after, how many artists that we know of do that.

After the Amy Winehouse fiasco this week, I can't say that we can really have a go at Mika, as he has a more legitimate reason to cancel, if that happens, due to the fact that if his voice can't handle it, he should't sing.

Last night he didn't give a reason why he wasn't going to call it off, he just said that he was in bed and was thinking about it, but something obviously jarred him into getting up and doing it, and he still put on a blinding show, but I can sympathise with how tiring it is, having been following him for the UK leg, and he's been doing this for a year and a half.

I don't think he'll cancel tonight, it's too close to the end for him to drop out now, he may not stay talking for long after, like last night, but I'm sure he'll put on a great show. Besides tonight is the show little Jacks mother will be at, and I don't think he'd let her down.

Rose, so you know if the thing that was put together for Jack's

mother is still going to be given to her?

Chris Evans just read out a request from someone going to the Brighton gig, wearing sparkly cowboy hats!!!! :punk::biggrin2:

OOH! Last night on Nihals show on R1 on the way home from Plymouth, he read out a request from someone who went to the show.

I guess everybody is there now, I know Jemma was on the train when I called her at 3.15. Glad I'm having a night off to be honest, even after spending half the day in bed, I'm still tired, I really don't know how Mika is doing it, I'm in total awe of him. Loving the the big guy so much right now.

Text from Jemma -

"Sara is lost somewhere in Brighton and can't find the hotel. I am in the hotel drinking tea waiting for her. Jules and Kev are at the front of the queue.

Saw Mika go in, but he didn't stop as he is being filmed for BBC2"

OOH! Last night on Nihals show on R1 on the way home from Plymouth, he read out a request from someone who went to the show.

I guess everybody is there now, I know Jemma was on the train when I called her at 3.15. Glad I'm having a night off to be honest, even after spending half the day in bed, I'm still tired, I really don't know how Mika is doing it, I'm in total awe of him. Loving the the big guy so much right now.

You have done so well - and kept us updated too. Put your

feet up, relax and get your energy back for the London gigs!!!

Sending hugs!! xx