Help Mika get to sleep!

mouselle

Relaxation tapes - either classical music like Beethoven piano sonatas or wildlife sounds (the forest, the trees, the beach & surf, etc.) Then when he's ready to fall asleep he could put in earplugs, so no strange outside noises would distract him or startle him. Reading something dry and very factual is another ticket to Dreamland. You know you're almost there when you're reading the last paragraph for the fifth time. Warm milk is a good one - what about a shot of brandy chaser just to warm things up? And if worse comes to worse there are sleeping aids - both prescription and over the counter - if things get REALLY rough! I highly recommend the earplugs - I shared a room with my brother in New Orleans back in 2000 and that was the ONLY way I could've slept thru his unbelievable snoring!!!!! Often times we can't sleep because we are so geared up by our day's activities and we just can't "let go". That's a toughie, but it HAS TO BE DONE!!!! Think purple rhinos selling fallafel on the beach to crowds of penguins and polar bears. Forget the deadlines, the pressures and the workload. Whatever it is, it will still be there waiting for you in the morning. I have many, many years of experience as an insomniac. And when I'm not doing that I have other sleep disturbances - like walking and talking in my sleep. But I'm getting thru this stuff - I refuse to give up!!!

GOOD LUCK MIKA - YOU WILL BE BETTER THAN FINE!!!! :biggrin2:

JUST REMEMBER TO RELAX - TAKE IT EASY!!!!!! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever someone plays with my hair it puts me to sleep haha

MIKA - Please hire me to do this for you?

(I will take a vacation from hubby & kids)

Whenever I have trouble falling asleep, I just put my head on my boyfriend's chest, and I'm snoozing like a baby in no time. I'm just not sure if he'd let Mika try it (although I wouldn't mind watching).

I mean...um....oh never mind. :blush-anim-cl:

Whenever I have trouble falling asleep, I just put my head on my boyfriend's chest, and I'm snoozing like a baby in no time. I'm just not sure if he'd let Mika try it (although I wouldn't mind watching).

I mean...um....oh never mind. :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

OH YEAH !!!!!!!:doh:

I forgot the all-important ""BODY MASSAGE!" :naughty:

And then, of course, there's the bed-time story........ :wink2:

And to top it all off - - - - the goodnight kiss....:snog:

Yeah...... I think I finally got it covered......:wub2:

I will do any of those BIG TIME!!!:naughty: :naughty:

or you can just call me Mika, and i'll sing you calming ocean beach noises and sounds of the rainforest. ** swishhhhhhh swishhhhh CAWW CAWWW swishhhhhhhhh***

You're funny!!:naughty:

...sleeping tablets?

...knocking yourself out with a frying pan?

LOL. Sorry, this is the tiredness talking *haha how ironic*

errrm. well. taking a bath before you go to bed is one way, but not very good if you're on a plane.

errrrrm. i dont recommend counting sheep. it always somehow wanders off into a story.

well it does with me anyway.

ho-hum. I've no idea.

Sleeping tablets it is! :thumb_yello:

He! He! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Take a MFCer to your bed every night. They´re calm and very warmy. They can sing you lullabies if you need´em!!! :roll1:

If I can't sleep, I would:

Take a Mika to my bed every night. He's calm and very warmy. He can sing me lullabies if I need´em!!!

Sorry Queenie! I can't help myself doing such silly things :mfr_lol:

Reading is good one. It doesn't have to be boring (I cannot read boring books. After 2 words its like 'f*** it' and I sit there awake for hours)

Make sure you have somewhere comfy to sleep. I can't sleep in my bed properly beause its lumpy and hard. I do sleep, just not well. I prefer sofas with a sleeping bag or futons with my duvet.

Also clearing your mind. If you can. I can on VERY rare occasions. Usually I think 'Must clear my mind' and I end up thinking of a hundred other things.

I find Capol puts me to sleep too. Or stong painkillers. But thats just because I'm me.

There is also the massage thing. That really works well.

Umm, exercise (just a simple jog or something) and music on my MP3 player helps me sleep too.

i drink hot milk with sugar mmm... and then lay in bed and think that my body is made of stone and that i cant move:biggrin2:

i also get fastly aslep when someone gives me a massage:bleh:

If I can't sleep, I would:

Take a Mika to my bed every night. He's calm and very warmy. He can sing me lullabies if I need´em!!!

Sorry Queenie! I can't help myself doing such silly things :mfr_lol:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

and then lay in bed and think that my body is made of stone and that i cant move:biggrin2:

thats how I used to sleep as a little child blanca !! LOL :wink2::biggrin2: It seriously works !!

LOL I would SOOOO help him to get to sleep ...:naughty::roftl:

Hey who wouldn't like to help him with that?:naughty:

But it's awful if you can't fall asleep, it happens to me a lot. Sometimes I just stare at the ceiling and observe those plastic stars I have on it. And then sometimes I just toss around for all the time and I'm really nervous...I hate it. What helps me? Nothing actually...OK maybe reading sometimes.

But when I fall asleep I sleep like a horse.:biggrin2: Nothing can't wake me up and of course I have a lot of fun in the mornings...not.:sneaky2::biggrin2: