Z103 Dumps Mika

Lana86

Toronto's "hit music" station Z103.5 has an interactive show called "Pump it or Dump it" where each night a new song is played and the listening audience votes for it. They either like it and pump it.. or they hate it and dump it. If a song gets dumped it no longer gets played on the station. Love Today was played yesterday and it was Dumped by 97% ..... heartbreaking!!

http://www.z1035.com/features/pumpitordumpit/

That is inhumane. These people dont know good music if it came up and slapped them across the face, kicked them up the bum and smashed a piece of 4x5 over their heads.....(Only kidding, I am only joking.....or am I?)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I must say z103 was a lot better as a station a while back... now a days they play a lot of "club" anthems and stuff... I stopped listening a while back too but someone informed me of the Mika situation last night at the movie theater (Famous Players had a Bunch of TV screens everywhere and they were playing the love today video) Anyway so I came home and checked it out and sure enough it had been dumped. He'll probably get tons of airplay on 104.5 Chum FM in toronto.

WTF???? This is why I listen to Capital FM or BBC One instead of Canadian radio. It's a good thing too or I wouldn't have known about Mika in time to pick up tickets before his Toronto show sold out.

Fortunately not all Canadians are voting thumbs down on this track. I was at a Gwen Stefani concert last night and just before she came on to do her set, they played Love Today. A whole row of girls started clapping and singing along.

So there's no need to think the world is against him just cause one radio station dissed him. Think how many other radio stations DO play his songs and there are millions of 'em!

xxx

There aren't millions of radio stations in Toronto. It's bad news for us if he doesn't get any air play. Mika is supporting LICM all over the world right now trying to launch his career but eventually he's not going to waste time on markets that don't support his efforts. If Canada dismisses him as a one-hit wonder he's not going to tour here.

Robbie Williams hasn't bothered coming here for 10 years. Why would he when he can break world records selling out tours in Europe and Asia and barely gets any airplay in North America?

mind you...mika wudnt mind...like he says..

He wants people to love him and to fkn hate him!

Did he really say that? That he wanted people either to love or hate him and no in between? I thought he said that is what would happen, regardless of whether or not he wanted it.

Sidenote: Let's be mature, you guys (& ladies, mostly ladies). Not everyone has the same taste in music and so not everyone is going to like everything (Mika). But Mika has been loved in other places, right? He's No. 1 in ten countries or something like that, which is shocking to me. :shocked: Not many people have. :wink2: I'm sure Mika will have many more fans, and I agree with whoever said that Grace Kelly should've been played, since that's the one that most everyone seems to like.:biggrin2: So, it really wasn't fair. :thumbdown:

:shocked: OMM. i don't believe this!!!! How is that possible...97%. I love LOVE TODAY. i actually play that more than Grace Kelly!!!! Relax take it easy and Love Today r my top 2 songs!!!! It's hard though cause all his songs r sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

I know not everyone would like him, but 97%!!!!! Yeah i like your idea of throwing bricks at them...drastic times call for drastic measures! maybe we can knock some sense into them!!!! :thumb_yello: