There will be two very sheepish Brit chicks when they learn they blew off Mika

JackViolet

Hey, I found these two articles about Mika's adventures at a club in Australia on Wednesday... hope it hasn't been posted yet? They're funny!

ARTCLE 1

Off-key Mika's not always a hit

Sydney Confidential

June 01, 2007 12:00

THERE will be two very sheepish Brit chicks today when they learn they were treated to an exclusive serenade by pop greatness on Wednesday night, reports Kathy McCabe.

British pop star Mika and his bandmates were enjoying a few quiet drinks at the Hilton when the duo, who had no idea who he was, tried to hit on his keyboard player.

The girls followed the crew to an Oxford St nightclub and when Mika walked in the door, the DJ recognised him and put on a remix of the singer's smash hit Grace Kelly.

"That's always quite painful when the DJ does that but the girls jumped up to dance and said 'We love this song' and started singing along in the most hideous way," he laughed.

"I got up and started dancing and singing with them and one of the girls sneered and said, 'What do you think you're doing? F... off! Your voice is so bad!'

"My band were crying with laughter."

There will be no doubt who Mika is when he performs his only Australian show at The Forum tomorrow night.

http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/story/0,,21828297-5006002,00.html

0,,5506550,00.jpg

ARTICLE 2

(From a blog)

The Night I Met Mika

Picture this: Stonewall, Wednesday night, Malebox.

I'm DJing away in the cocktail bar when the barman comes over to me and says, "we've got the band Mika coming in in 5 minutes. Do you know them?"

"Mika?" I said.

"Yeah."

"MIKA?!"

"Yeah."

"HERE?!?!"

"Yeah"

"NOW?!?!?!"

"Yeah."

By this time my voice has gone up into a register higher than Mariah Carey can sing and he's looking at me like I have a horn growing out of my head.

I lowered my voice again and said as calmly as I could, "MIKA'S THE GUY WHO SINGS 'GRACE KELLY!!!!!' YOU MUST KNOW HIM!!!!!"

He looked at me blankly while I had a miniature conniption.

After a few minutes, Mika comes in and stands at the other side of the bar. He was tall. Had a bright T-Shirt on with a grey hoodie over the top. His hair was very long and messy. He had rockstar sunglasses on too.

So I played the Bimbo Jones mix of Grace Kelly and... he looks over at me with a you're-so-cheeky-for-playing-this-song look and I gave him a smile and a wink. I hoped it looked like I was playing it cool and not that I was just being some arrogant, aloof queen with a twitch.

So anyway, after a song or two, he came over to introduce himself!

I know!!

He asked about the remix I played and I asked about his tour and how it was going. We had a great little chat, until the conversation took a turn for the worse.

Yes. I did it. I started a sentence with "now, I know people must ask you this all the time... but-"

He was very patient as I asked him if he remembered our exchange of a couple of emails through MySpace just after the initial Popbitch mention last year.

His response was, "oh yeah, I've been listening to your tracks. You're from the Bay area right?"

Stupid me.

Dumb me.

Idiot me says, "no... I was the one talking about remixes."

He looked at me and said he didn't remember. Why couldn't I just have said "yes! That's me! I'm so happy you remembered! Hurrah!"

Anyway, we chatted some more about his concert here. He invited me but I said it was my birthday and we'd already planned a party (God, I've got a real knack for this) and then we talked about his American tour and how it was sold out before he toddled off back to his friends.

After that I played some Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Kylie, Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton and he was dancing and singing along with his crew. It was fabulous.

Then, as quickly as he arrived, he was gone again. Of course, the media are all over it already.

http://blogs.samesame.com.au/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=4751&blogId=457

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one is posted before, haven't seen the second one, thank you!

Haha, this is quite funny:

So I played the Bimbo Jones mix of Grace Kelly and... he looks over at me with a you're-so-cheeky-for-playing-this-song look and I gave him a smile and a wink.

the DJ recognised him and put on a remix of the singer's smash hit Grace Kelly.

"That's always quite painful when the DJ does that"

Haha, this is quite funny:

So I played the Bimbo Jones mix of Grace Kelly and... he looks over at me with a you're-so-cheeky-for-playing-this-song look and I gave him a smile and a wink.

the DJ recognised him and put on a remix of the singer's smash hit Grace Kelly.

"That's always quite painful when the DJ does that"

Exactly; I loved reading those two accounts together! :D

Well now we know--if you DJ at a club and Mika comes by, don't play his songs! Play... uh... a dance remix of Harry Nilsson or "Sunshine in the Rain" or something!

--Jack

Haha, those girls. Bet that they came home, saw Grace Kelly on tv and thought: "God, that guy looks a lot like the bloke with the bad voice....wait a minute...MARIE IT WAS HIM! OH MY GOD WE REJECTED MIKA!" *Faints*

:roftl: :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: I (apparantly) once told a guy from Suede that Suede suck, but at least I meant it :naughty: Must be really sad for those girls to find out what they did when they actually like him :doh::yay:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: I (apparantly) once told a guy from Suede that Suede suck, but at least I meant it :naughty: Must be really sad for those girls to find out what they did when they actually like him :doh::yay:

And what did the Suede guy say?:naughty:

Obviously the people in Australia need more photos of MIKA so they won't be surprised to see him next time he goes out there!

How good that he doesn't not take offence. Not many pop stars would just laugh it off they would be furious but not our boy he is the best!!

xx

And what did the Suede guy say?:naughty:

He didn't really reply to it :roftl: It was just in the middle of a conversation of which bands we were gonna see at the festival we were at, so the conversation just went on...and then when he left, my friend just went "do you have ANY clue who that was" ...I really didn't no :roftl:

He didn't really reply to it :roftl: It was just in the middle of a conversation of which bands we were gonna see at the festival we were at, so the conversation just went on...and then when he left, my friend just went "do you have ANY clue who that was" ...I really didn't no :roftl:

Haha, I actually don't have a clue who Suede is..:blink:

Haha, I actually don't have a clue who Suede is..:blink:

See!! :naughty: I think I maybe would have been able to recognize the singer back then, but a random bandmember...nah :sneaky2: He was quite a nice guy though :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

See!! :naughty: I think I maybe would have been able to recognize the singer back then, but a random bandmember...nah :sneaky2: He was quite a nice guy though :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

And you just hurt his feelings! How cruel:boxed: :biggrin2:

Hah, I like how they were trying to hit on Luke....I'd probably try to hit on Luke if I didn't know who Mika was either :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

By the way, thanks for the articles, they were really funny!