How dyslexic is Mika? (want to send letters)

miori-mary

Hi,

Does anyone know how dyslexic Mika is?

We're trying create a book of messeges from fans to give to Mika at his gig in Japan next month and were wondering about how dyslexic Mika exactly is.

Can he read? Would a 1 page messege of say about 400 words be too long?

Does anyone have an idea?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, dyslexia isn't like blindness! Of course he can read! Haven't you heard him talking about reading the forums and his favorite books and all that? He can even write, believe it or not!

--Jack

o O :blink:

*rushes to her account to check all her evil posts....:boxed: *

MIKA .....can......READ ?:blink:

Well, MIKA if you READ: I've got an excuse: I'M IDENTITY MAD. :insane:

But I don't talk about it.:mf_rosetinted:

I do.

It wasn't me. :mf_rosetinted:

well i remember listening to him on the radio before he did his shakira cover. the host said something about his dyslexia and the lyrics on Mika's computer, but Mika said that the lyrics on his computer were magnified so he can read it. hope that helps.

also he said his lyric book isn't like...a normal lyric book....he can write, obviously, but only some of it's written. other times it's picture and magazine cut outs and what not.

hope that helps?

Dyslexia is much more than the inability to read and write properly; it can also affect the ability to concentrate, to sequence thoughts and numbers and events, to know left from right, to follow instructions, etc. Every case is different and some are more severe than others, of course.

No idea how exactly Mika's particular dyslexia affects him, but I would be fascinated to know, as dyslexia fascinates me.

I also believe that dyslexic people can excel in areas such as music, art and and spoken language, which would explain a lot in Mika's case!

He doesn't have any trouble reading myspace and replying... He doesn't have any trouble reading the forum and laughing at us... He didn't have any trouble reading the Scrapbook... He didn't have any trouble reaching university...

I guess he can ? :blink:

Dyslexia is much more than the inability to read and write properly; it can also affect the ability to concentrate, to sequence thoughts and numbers and events, to know left from right, to follow instructions, etc. Every case is different and some are more severe than others, of course.

No idea how exactly Mika's particular dyslexia affects him, but I would be fascinated to know, as dyslexia fascinates me.

I also believe that dyslexic people can excel in areas such as music, art and and spoken language, which would explain a lot in Mika's case!

wow. in that case i am dyslexic LMAO

Inability to concentrate? well, i CAN concentrate...if it's something I like doing...but a lot of the time I get bored VERY easily and I am always daydreaming. Even when I'm having a conversation with someone I'm hardly ever paying full attention.

numbers? I'm crap with number. I CAN do maths...well...i know HOW to work things out (sometimes lol) but there's one thing i cant do: division. i cant get my head around it. If it's like...49 divided by 7 i can do it, its easy (7 lol) but thats coz its times tables. if you gave a really long division id take one look at it and go "sorry, no can do."

My memory is appalling. My short term memory anyway. I can forget things in five seconds.

well, if someone TELLS me to remember, i will forget, if its something i usually tell myself then i can remember it most of the time.

I even do the simplest of things in the most complicated way possible. Not out of choice lol! i dont mean to! I often get myself in a right little pickle.

Also, i sing, dance, act and draw and have been doing so since a very young age.

BUT, I'm very good at english lol. I have neat handwriting (when i can be bothered) and have always been able to read long words ever since i was a little girl.

Well actually...when i was little, it was the short words i got confused with. I remember, at the age of five I knew the difference between "cloths" and "clothes", but I couldn't read the word "up". strange, i know, but i really couldnt get my head around it. i was reading a book to my mother and i started crying because i was so stressed i couldnt read it.

hmmm...any opinions there guys? am i dyslexic?

wow. in that case i am dyslexic LMAO

Inability to concentrate? well, i CAN concentrate...if it's something I like doing...but a lot of the time I get bored VERY easily and I am always daydreaming. Even when I'm having a conversation with someone I'm hardly ever paying full attention.

numbers? I'm crap with number. I CAN do maths...well...i know HOW to work things out (sometimes lol) but there's one thing i cant do: division. i cant get my head around it. If it's like...49 divided by 7 i can do it, its easy (7 lol) but thats coz its times tables. if you gave a really long division id take one look at it and go "sorry, no can do."

My memory is appalling. My short term memory anyway. I can forget things in five seconds.

well, if someone TELLS me to remember, i will forget, if its something i usually tell myself then i can remember it most of the time.

I even do the simplest of things in the most complicated way possible. Not out of choice lol! i dont mean to! I often get myself in a right little pickle.

Also, i sing, dance, act and draw and have been doing so since a very young age.

BUT, I'm very good at english lol. I have neat handwriting (when i can be bothered) and have always been able to read long words ever since i was a little girl.

Well actually...when i was little, it was the short words i got confused with. I remember, at the age of five I knew the difference between "cloths" and "clothes", but I couldn't read the word "up". strange, i know, but i really couldnt get my head around it. i was reading a book to my mother and i started crying because i was so stressed i couldnt read it.

hmmm...any opinions there guys? am i dyslexic?

You're dumb :mf_rosetinted: But i think they still like you :mf_rosetinted:

hey,just because Mika is dyslexic,we don`t have to wanna be dyslexic too :lol3:

WHY NOT? LOL

Oh, I'm pretty sure at least one of my identities is....

(current state of identities: :sneaky2::blink: :blink: :fisch::blink: )

It's not me. :mf_rosetinted:

You're dumb :mf_rosetinted: But i think they still like you :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked::roftl: :roftl:

I thought the story about Mika writing his lyrics with pictures was very interesting. It's hard to imagine how someone who is so articulate and fluent in multiple languages could have trouble reading and writing. I bet it plays a large part in his original creativity though so it's turned out to be a gift.

:shocked::roftl: :roftl:

It's hard to imagine how someone who is so articulate and fluent in multiple languages could have trouble reading and writing.

I was thinking the same thing. When acquiring a language, and becoming articulate in it, reading is usually seen as an intergral part of it. Teachers always suggest students to read books and write journals/essays, if they want to become strong at the language.

Mika manages to amaze me over and over as I learn more about him. (whereas many celebs seem to do the opposite...)

Well, he lived in the countries whose language he knows. Personally, I've found as a child it was easiest to learn the language through watching cartoons. You only learn by reading when you learn in a classroom. You don't learn your first language by reading after all!

--Jack

It is said that visual thinking and dyslexia go together quite well (but the one is not a guarantee for the other).

And besides that: often a picture tells more than a thousand words! :wink2:

I was thinking the same thing. When acquiring a language, and becoming articulate in it, reading is usually seen as an intergral part of it. Teachers always suggest students to read books and write journals/essays, if they want to become strong at the language.

Mika manages to amaze me over and over as I learn more about him. (whereas many celebs seem to do the opposite...)

Mika would seem to be what teachers call an auditory learner. That is, he learns best using his sense of hearing (hey I am surmising here!:naughty: ) hence he can play music by ear, sing in tune, has a very good ear for languages (and I am a linguist too so I know one when I see one!!); also, his accent changes according to what he is hearing, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is a good mimic/impersonator too.

(go on Mika, do us a Jimmy Saville.....:das: ) And of course he is extremely articulate.

Having said that his visual side would seem to be strong too.

He is endlessly fascinating...............:bleh: