Thread Requests and Daily News

Eir

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I had to dig up this thread because I have been mia this week - my son got home from his vacation and he's been keeping me busy. I hope I didn't miss too much Mika news. I have tried to check in here and there. Anyone have anything awesome to share?

Here's one thread I found tonight with yummy new pics of our boy from Out Magazine. (Ones that haven't been shown yet.)

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5648

I actually have started an extra thread for that but then Eir reminded me of this one :doh:, so I repost it here :blush-anim-cl:

So Hannah, this is for you to make it easier to catch up and verify the news as soon as you will be back next week :biggrin2::original:

News of 29th June:

6 song EP release planned - not yet sure which titles will be on it - but we hope for Overrated (at least I do)***

***Big Girl single to be released physically on 23rd July will contain Instant Martyr as B-side track as well as the Hong Kong recording of "Sweet Dreams"; the vinyl version will even include BBC1 recording of Mika's version of the Gossip's "Standing in the way of control* (but who the **** plays vinyls? So let's hope at least for a download version ;o)***

***Suzy noticed that the drawers are probably not custom made. She claims to have noticed earlier that there are the letters 'GAP' on them and somebody has taken an evidence pic at the secret Manchester gig ;o) ***

***Queenie was listening to 'Frozen' by 'Within Temptation' today***

***Daisylou, xLaurenx and Becky have won the competition for the gig on Sunday but everybody is worrying about the bomb attempts in London which could be prevented by the police today***

Headlines of 30th June:

Pics from Out Mag posted ***

*** Queenie is up to something but won't tell what exactly it is about. We only know so far that a box, paint and partly customized presents are items involved in her project. She's very guarded about her private intentions***

*** Weird gay/not gay/ care/not care at all discussions spreading all over the place again - there must be something in the air...***

*** A second official Big Girl video appeared. Most of the people on the forum like this one better than the original version. ***

*** Apparently Mr. M. has recovered from his ear infection. The gig in Paris is taking place witnessed by Yoppappop, cath85 and Mirtilla, who met him at a café after the gig and made him pay their drinks - LOL***

July 1st: The News

*** Pictures of the Paris L'Olympia performance (glitter braces!) posted as well as a short but ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE tv report***

***Queenie had a little accident while working on her special present. She has hurt her hands, no idea what this girl is doing....***

*** Paris Olympia has been filmed and there will be a DVD released in November ***

July 2nd: The News of the day

***Besides the preferred undies label now also the secret of Mr. M.'s favourite drink is revealed. Of course it was Suzy investigating ***

***Secret Coca-Cola gig in London yesterday. Strange ongoings: Apparantly Martin was forced by Mika to wear a paper bag over his head while performing. Officialy it was because of Martin having the cooties and Mr. M. wanted to avoid the risk of contagion.

Several people doubt the truth of this and assume it could have been a measure of precaution set up by Mr. M. due to the fear that Martin could beat him out in the gorgeousness competition.***

Headline(s) July 3rd

*** Mika sick AGAIN: Nibe cancelled because of vocal chord problems ***

News of July 4th

***Mika seems to have recovered rather quick from his (now quesitonable) vocal chord illness for he had a secret gig in Reading right after his absence at the Nibe Festival was announced. Of course there is a lot of rant about this issue on the forum.***

***After Nibe now also his appearance on the WoW (way out west?) festival is cancelled. It was said this this is done in favour of some promo stuff in the US and pretty much everybody is annoyed by these dodgy management decisions thogh nobody is blaming Mika of course.***

***Jack has set up a poll about the reason why Mika seems to avoid the northern European countries. Options are amongst others a fear of European airlines or a fear of Kata in particular. (What made people who don't know that Kata is a MFC member make search the term in Google or Wikipedia - LOL)

I personally am convinced that the true reason is that he is terrified by

.***

Headlines of July 5th

*** Mika really ill now? Roskilde cancelled because of pneumonia. Some think it's just a pretext, others are already panicking...***

*** Birthday cards album online. Avoca provides link. ***

*** CD Cover design for the Birthday messages done and ready to be shown to the participants, as well as the 'public version' of the actual message ***

• 9 months later...