Postgay-word Of The Week On Perez

KiteKat

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just amused at everyone making such a big deal about this as though the term were just invented...

Here's another one for you, in the same vein: pomosexual.

--Jack

Let's make our own Mika dictionary. If they can, we can:naughty:

I'm just amused at everyone making such a big deal about this as though the term were just invented...

Here's another one for you, in the same vein: pomosexual.

--Jack

Thanks again Jack! Learned a new word today:wink2:

I don't understand the reactions either. I mean, a person is a person and his/her sexuality shouldn't define him/her in a stereotype.

It's hard to talk about this at 8 in the morning so I hope It's not too confusing...

Honestly, I don't think it's silly. It's a perfectly useful word in its own field, just not one straight folks have to care about or think about much, and one whose purpose they are not likely to understand without some background. Having everyone go on about how "stupid" it is, to me, is a little bit like seeing a bald person find a curling iron, and then complain about how it doesn't do anything for them.

--Jack

Honestly, I don't think it's silly. It's a perfectly useful word in its own field, just not one straight folks have to care about or think about much, and one whose purpose they are not likely to understand without some background. Having everyone go on about how "stupid" it is, to me, is a little bit like seeing a bald person find a curling iron, and then complain about how it doesn't do anything for them.

--Jack

lmao ok ok u got a point there

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I can't stop laughing at the comments on Perez's site.........a "catfart"? is hilarious!!!!!!!.

Nerds will be nerds ...who'll comment for the sake of commenting so people can laugh at them. :roftl:

Oooooh, I should clarify, by the way. Technically the term "post-gay" does only mean someone who is gay but does not identify with mainstream gay culture and does not see their sexuality as the main focus of their identity. However, this is how the word was used back in the 90s. Some of my long ramble was a bit of wishful thinking on how it ought to be today. :-)

--Jack

I'm a little confused by all these new words. I don't think they're dumb, just sorta pointless. I mean aren't some of those people who don't 'fit' into a label doing that on purpose? So now there's words to describe even them. I actually think some of those words are funny but I just don't really like labeling people because most people just don't fit into one category. As far as the word not applying to straight people, does that mean there's going to be a new word: 'post-straight' which means you're straight but don't identify with mainstream straight people? I get it but then again I think it's a little pointless. Anyone, can make up their own word, just look at Stephen Colbert with 'truthiness'! :roftl:

--Jack

This is why people are so insistent on knowing if Mika (or whoever) is gay. I understand his reluctance about being labeled, especially since the labels will not necessarily be perceived accurately by everyone who hears them. But from the totally straight person's perspective, all they want to know is whether or not Mika (or whoever) is straight in the getting-married-having-2.5-children way.

All the other labels (and their associated concepts) are not useful for straight people and they use the catch-all term "gay" to refer to being not straight.