2007 - new mika interview

so_rococo

How did this interviewer get a job on radio? She's not very good, she sounds bored with it and just dull! Kudos to Mika for managing to keep the interview going!!

Love the bit about 'they should see what a big mouth I've got' or whatever...sometimes I wish he would let rip more....

Thanks for posting. It's just always lovely to hear him - even if it's the same-old -yawn-questions zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the link been removed? It can't download from here...

By Marian Liu

Friday, June 8th, 2007 at 3:10 pm in Music, Marian Liu, Podcasts-Marian, Podcasts, General, live music.

There are few times that I enjoy talking to the artist as much as listening to their music. But this happened with UK singer Mika.

Check out my interview with him at this link :http://69.16.238.27/files/mika.mp3

Admittingly, his music is not for everyone. It’s a bit psychedelic, perfect for a Cirque du Soleil soundtrack. But, lately, with all the emo I’ve been listening to, it’s nice to hear something happy.

Born Michael Holbrook Penniman, the 23-year-old’s influences range from Japanese anime Cowboy Bebop to Marilyn Manson. He pens songs as character studies: “Most of the interesting characters from everyday life are the underdogs and are the outsiders, and I like to dress them up in these amazing clothes and paint incredible backgrounds behind them…I like to take reality and make it a lot more livable.â€

When I asked Mika what his Top 40 favorites were, he had to stop a second and look them up. He recognized Rihanna and that was it. This is ironic because I just interviewed chart-topper T-Pain, but refreshing as well, because Mika is different.

And he recognizes this difference and attributes it to his success, saying that the worst thing to be is mundance.

He performs Saturday and it should be a fun show, a bit like a circus.

WHERE: Fillmore, 1805 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco

WHEN: 9 p.m. Saturday, June 9

TICKETS: $25; (408) 998-8497, (415) 421-8497 or

www.ticketmaster.com

I really get the whole "I'm proud of him" feeling, too. He is indeed a clever man. I really hope I get to see him live, and I really hope it's before he's playing massive 20,000 seat stadiums.

yep me too that is one reason I put it in my name and started the thread that shall be forgotten bout lol. But I just wanted to shout it from the rooftops, it's odd to feel proud of him like that but I do and it's nice to know I am not alone and not a weirdo lol.

yep me too that is one reason I put it in my name and started the thread that shall be forgotten bout lol. But I just wanted to shout it from the rooftops, it's odd to feel proud of him like that but I do and it's nice to know I am not alone and not a weirdo lol.

I am proud of him too! And I don't care. I admire his patience with such a silly person.

His troops are bigger than hers!! Hehehe!

i heard the interview yesterday...kind of boring O_O

not Mika of course!!

but the interviewer was like..."mmm" "...." "mhmm" "mmm"

GAWWSH!

it irritates me soo much!

it is kind of boring chatting with someone who sounds un-interested.

i think she has listened to Emo music too much O_O

Is it jsut me guys, or does he sound terribly sad lately? He's too over worked and thus, has no time to relax or truly enjoy himself. He even said that he was trying to catch up on his sleep. I mean, it was his DAY OFF and he's doing a telephone interview. :protest: Mika, get some rest!!

Is it jsut me guys, or does he sound terribly sad lately? He's too over worked and thus, has no time to relax or truly enjoy himself. He even said that he was trying to catch up on his sleep. I mean, it was his DAY OFF and he's doing a telephone interview. :protest: Mika, get some rest!!

i totallyagree!! the poor boy is traveling the world with a different show every day. the most she could have done was have been more interesting. Mika was great yet again!! i just hope the poor thing gets some well deserved rest!! he should take sometime off! We love you mika, dont overwork yourself for us:biggrin2:

I know! His schedule is ridiculous! He's like in a different city every night which all that traveling is tiring as it is and then he has to perform also! I don't think I could handle that!

I do believe he's been overworked with his crazy schedule. He loves toys and wanted to buy them in Japan, but didn't have time to even go to 1 shop in Japan. Come on!! What are the people arranging his schedule thinking?

I liked this interview quite a lot because it sounded really candid. He talks a lot about what making music means to him, what being a star entails, and how he feels about it. Maybe he sounds a bit sad/tired because that's how he's honestly feeling now.

hi how i can download this new interview??

Right click, save target as, should allow you to! :)

Wonderful interview. Mika is a gem. :) The only thing that annoyed me was when he started getting all funny near the end with the "what do you want to know" question was that the girl didn't ask a more interesting question...And not something that we had heard the answer to many times.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I wish Mika was able to have some rest :(

Anyway thanks for posting !!

then tell him!! Go to my "Relax! Take It Easy" card thread in the chat about mika section. I'm planning to put something together with fans messages telling him about their well wishes and how worried they are about his health. we have over 50+ entrants and some people have already sent their stuff in, so it's TIME TO INPUT YOUR WORK!!!!!

thanks for posting. i have heard it before but it's good to hear again. :)

It's a nice interview, though I have to admit he sounds a bit tired. I'm gonna work on the card:mf_rosetinted:

I wonder...if he was in front of a computer, would he have browsed around the MFC:naughty:

It's a nice interview, though I have to admit he sounds a bit tired. I'm gonna work on the card:mf_rosetinted:

I wonder...if he was in front of a computer, would he have browsed around the MFC:naughty:

ooooh good point lol i wonder!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

God, I never saw this thread before! And there's an interview! And for me it will be new and delicious and... and... well, I'm excited to hear it.

Downloading it right now.

PAY ATTENTION! THIS INTERVIEW IS FROM 2007. ie VINTAGE MIKA! hehe.

Oh Mika was terribly sad all the way back in mid-2007 according to this thread. Some things never change. :lmfao:

Interesting that he was talking about being a watcher as a teen even in those days. I remember this interview but I don't really remember him mentioning that until he started promoting TBWKTM.