Mika popstar sex symbol and now art sensation

paula.pop

I love the way it's written lol

http://www.me-me-me.tv/2007/05/30/mika-popstar-sex-symbol-and-now-art-sensation/

May 30th, 2007

Mika - popstar, sex symbol and now… art sensation!

You loved the album, you want to bum him, now you can go and put your finger on your chin and say clever things about his artworks…

mikaart_web.jpg

You’ve played that album till your neighbours have packed their bags and you’ve been to see him jump up and down in white trousers (with what looks like quite a nice frontal arrangement) with his ‘Big Girls’ and his ‘Lollipop’. Well, now you can get well and truly stuck into Mika World at the man’s first ever art exhibition…

Taking place in London’s glittering Soho (read into that what you like), in Poland Street to be exact, at the Blink Gallery to be anal, Mika’s exhibition will be full of psychedelic, cartoony characters from his Life in Cartoon Motion album all done in that charmingly naive (we’re calling it) style we’ve become accustomed to from his album artwork.

On the curating front (remember yesterday we learned that curating was shopping for museum folk) are Mika’s sister DaWack (who does most of the colouring in anyways) and design team Airside, who have been behind a lot of gorgeous Pet Shop Boys stuff.

The whole thing starts on 11th June and runs until just 14th (so don’t slouch).

IF ANYONE FEELS OFFENDED BY THE FIRST LINE THEN I DO APOLOGIZE BUT IT WAS NOT WRITTEN BY ME! PERSONALLY,I WOULD NOT USED THAT EXPRESSION BUT I AM NOT GOING TO CORRECT IT AS IT WOULD NOT BE THE ORIGINAL TEXT ANYMORE

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrr, I wish I could use magic, blink and find myself at the art gallery; life would be grand! LOL

I'm sure the exhibition is going to be a success! A month left :biggrin2:

LOL!!! That was quite funny! :naughty:

Bum him....??????? That's obviously a message to the blokes, but, i hope they don't think that he's only fanciable to men....mm.......worrying......there are a whole load of ladies who are mad for Mika!!!!!! LOL!!!! Don't we all know it ladies!!

:thumb_yello::naughty:

I realise that its a mistake, but it sounds very vulgar...

Can someone please correct the first line, it should read "Burn him" Not "Bum him". ..

I now stand corrected!!! It is rightly quoted...:thumbdown:

I realise that its a mistake, but it sounds very vulgar...

Can someone please correct the first line, it should read "Burn him" Not "Bum him". ..

:boxed:

I hate to be the one to break it to you Akim (:shocked::naughty: ) but I think it is actually not a typo!!

I know that is disturbing as it is a quite vulgar (and schoolboyish) term but...look closely at the original text on the link.

Hmmmm.