2007 - TBA Gig Manchester

babspanky

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya.

What a funny day - 48 hours ago I hardly had a hope of going, 24 hours ago I was on the train to Manchester and now it's all over, except that, as expected, I've been on the ceiling - high - all day.

Hiya.

What a funny day - 48 hours ago I hardly had a hope of going, 24 hours ago I was on the train to Manchester and now it's all over, except that, as expected, I've been on the ceiling - high - all day.

Well, Ruth -- you know we're DYING to hear more!!!

its kind of lucky he was wearing his grey underpants because i gave the bear to lolly pop girl to give to him with the greay boxers on :roftl:

oh and Jemma says they are Gap pants :naughty:

Yay, Yuppy - I love you - (Yuppy took me as her guest)

So, well, I tried on a black basque and frilly knickers in a dress/hire shop, but really it was not something I would wish on Manchester, so I went in my gig outfit (as worn in Leeds)

I met Bab, Jemma and Yuppy after a wrong turning on the way and we waited and had coffee, listened to the sound check. and watched people come and go. Then they lined us up for some reason that made no sense, before they came round scanning the texts that were the invitations. So boy/girl couples who were split up had to call across for who they were with. Yuppy's message wouldn't scan so it was heart-stopping for a moment, but then they let us in.

erm ermm ermm

it cost me £180 its a fujifilm fine pix ...then some numbers and letters i dont know as its not with me right now....but its especially for concerts because it has a high shutter speed or something like that :thumb_yello:

Then they let us in and without a big rush, there we were. At the front with the tiniest possible gap between us and the stage. We were right in front of Martin, with Yuppy nearer the centre.

She was a kitten-cat, so cute.

We waited till they came on - it wasn't long and the time flew. We took pictures of our hands on the stage to show how close we were. Then the TV guy asked us to put our cameras away, he said they didn't want footage of us taking pictures; leave that to them, and we could watch it - Channel 4

7th July?

So I put mine away and I have none of the performance. So thanks people who took a few.

Yah, Yuppy - I love you - (Yuppy took me as her guest)

So, well, I tried on a black basque and frilly knickers in a dress/hire shop, but really it was not something I would wish on Manchester, so I went in my gig outfit (as worn in Leeds)

I met Bab, Jemma and Yuppy after a wrong turning on the way and we waited and had coffee, listened to the sound check. and watched people come and go. Then they lined us up for some reason that made no sense, before they came round scanning the texts that were the invitations. So boy/girl couples who were split up had to call across for who they were with. Yuppy's message wouldn't scan so it was heart-stopping for a moment, but then they let us in.

that was SOOO scary! i was like.. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

WE HAD SUCH A WICKED NIGHT DIDNT WE!! i didnt get back tik 4.30!! :shocked:

liek i said ruth, im really glad you came and i got to meet ya!! :thumb_yello:

We were so lucky with the weather. I'd been telling the girls as they drove up from the south how bad it was up here - heavy and non-stop rain, but by 2ish it dried up, the sun came out, and although there was a strong chilly wind, it got hot in the sun.

I had my MFC sign from Leeds and we got an engineer to give us a piece of gaffer tape to stick it on to the barrier.

They they came on - we knew the set list because it was gaffer-taped on the stage in front of us - it was the usual, except that they missed out Holy Johnny - Chris said later he played the first chord, but Mika went into the next song.

It wasn't the best performance, musically - there was something wrong with Chris's pedals for the guitar effects, his guitar kept going out of tune and the sound on Mika's mike needed turning up. I hope it will be O.K. on the recording.

BUT they were SO close, I had never dreamt it would be like that. He made eye contact with each of us as he sang. He made comments about how amazing it was that people had made the effort to dress up.

We were with Daisylou, Kath and Abby. Bexxy etc didn't join us but we saw them all after.

no we had Fabby Spots on the other side of the stage infront of Mikey :thumb_yello:

So, they played their set and it was great. We sang and swayed, jumped and waved.

Mika jumped up on the drum to play with Cherisse and then played the wires over his head, breaking a light and sending broken glass showering over the stage. The sun shone - I think that's probably why he could see us. I've heard that with stage lights you can't really see far, but Mika was looking right out at people.

He loved a couple near the middle in Hawiaan cosume and it was their palm tree he poked Mikey and Martin with. He got a little toy water pistol from the front of the stage and squirted it around.

Oh, that reminds me, when he came to sing into Edit: (sorrry) Martin's mike, he accidently spat a little bit and we were so close it reached Jemma. She was SO :shocked: I was :roftl:

When Mika had finished with the drumming, he came to give one of the sticks to Daisylou. Yuppy reached for it, but he made sure Daisy got it!

The confetti was coloured and because of the wind it seemed to go back on the stage. The bubbles tasted 'orrible.

Then it was over and they went off. I've seen some pictures with the costumes and the L O V E letters but I didn't notice them at the time.

Have I told it all so far girls? Oh yes, we met Shezzy12 and her friend, they were next to us.

What else?

So, we sat on the steps and took a couple of pictures then got moved on.

Yuppy, I've a great one of you wrapped in the big streamers

Then we moseyed round to the Great Northern. (Is it a bar? a club? a pub?)

There were loads of security men but we sort of brazenly walked in anyway. They didn't let us go left so we went right and got drinks. Then we noticed some people near a curtain which led round the bar to where Mika was. We went to investigate and sure enough he was signing autographs. How do people know where to go? I don't know.

Anyway, his security guy said he was going and all the autograph people moved away, leaving me face to face with MIKA :blush-anim-cl:

So I asked if I could have a photo with him. The security said 'NO' but he said 'if you're quick'

(I'm famously the one who didn't meet Mika after the Leeds gig when everybody else did - I was waiting - in the rain - by the WRONG tour bus)

So please anyone else who didn't get a chance, be aware it was my heart's desire.

Hi to everyone from yesterday. It was such a good gig I can hardly believe that it happened! I can't believe we were that close and it was just so cool! And yeas that is my head of hair in bunches in the previous pictures!