2007 - TBA Gig Manchester

babspanky

ahh which thread is the officail TBA gig :boxed:

and no we didnt actually get to meet mika but we had a Fantastic time at the upstairs Band party :biggrin2:

That is so cool! Babs made a short comment already in the Appleman thread, but she had to go to work today (and so has Kath). I am so looking forward to all your full reports!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She didn't manage to talk to Mika, but she spoke with Martin for quite a long time!

I think she is most of all tired, she came home early in the morning after a long drive home. But I think it was well worth it! :thumb_yello:

Rigghhtt where to begin

well on the drive upto Manchester i had a big MFC sign on the side window of my car....and half way up the motorway a blue car drove past me honking their horn waving mika rosettes - i was like wtf so i followed them and indicated them to pull in at the next services. Turns out they had gone to the mika gig in Birmingham and recognised me and just wanted to give me their myspace add because they have pictures of me on their site but they werent going to the manchester tba concert.

anyway arrived at 11am booked into the hotel at 12ish....i then met Sara at the hotel as well as Akim and her friend Felicia (sorry may not have spelt it right) :wink2:

Got chatted up by this seriously weird bar tender while at the bar then we got ready.

We must have all left the hotel together and headed for the venue at 4.30ish and arrived at the venue for 5pm.

(was the longest walk of my life especially as the general public of Manchester SUCK!! we got lots of laughs and points and comments as we all walked in fancy dress through the city centre)

when we arrived Mika was on stage doing sound checks with the band...we heard mika as we walked round the corner it was so exciting!!

This is where we met babs - who spotted us a mile off :roftl:

so then we were made to queue up guys on one side girls on the other - got our passes and went in ...i think we got pretty good spots in the crowd we werent front row but slightly to the right infront of Mikey about 1 row back but still an awesome view!!!

we then had to do a load of practice cheering for the introduction and then they wouldnt start the set until more people were in the centre circle for good crane shots or something.

we waited and then at about 6.40ish Mika came onstage

He was BRILLIANT!!! - We were told absolutely no pictures are to be taken but i managed to sneek in 30 or so ...which arent that great because the person infront of me had boppers on which got in the way..Now Yuppymunch and Akim have FANTASTIC audio and video i cant wait for you guys to see it!!!

After the concert to be continued.....

soo after the concert me, sara and akim had gifts for mika but we didnt know who to give them to until we spotted lollypop girl carried an E off stage and we asked her if she would give them to mika for us and she said yes ofcourse and how much he loves gifts from fans we then got our picture taken with lollypop girl and then E :naughty:

Then we went inside the bar which mika had gone into to grab a drink i noticed alot of people crowding around a door which had toilet above it but thought nothing of it ...later on we realised mika had been signing down there and by the time we realised he was rushed out the door and wisked away in a white van which was for sale :naughty:

i have the number plate if anyone is interested LOL

So we went back inside a little bit dissapointed and mingled around with Martin, Luke, Mikey and Cherisse for a bit we got loads of group photos with them and autographs until they went upstairs for their private party.

but we hung around downstairs for a while talking and a lovely security guard said he would let us upstairs in a bit...and he was true to his word and off we went...me, YuppyMunch, Babspanky, JemmaLee, Kath + abby, Sara, Akim + her friend

This has to have been the highlight of the day we were up there talking to everyone for hours!!

Martin, Luke, Mikey and cherisse they were all super nice and friendly

Sara even offered to buy Martin a drink but he refused he said he was being sensible and not drinking much :naughty:

oh gosh sooo much was said we were all really having a good laugh and joke together just really casual luke even took a picture of us all talking to Martin and he said he was going to send it to Martins wife :naughty:

Too much happened i cant tell everything but it was AWESOME!!!

*yuppymunch is not shy* :naughty:

Rigghhtt where to begin

well on the drive upto Manchester i had a big MFC sign on the side window of my car....and half way up the motorway a blue car drove past me honking their horn waving mika rosettes - i was like wtf so i followed them and indicated them to pull in at the next services. Turns out they had gone to the mika gig in Birmingham and recognised me and just wanted to give me their myspace add because they have pictures of me on their site but they werent going to the manchester tba concert.

Small world!! :naughty:

(was the longest walk of my life especially as the general public of Manchester SUCK!! we got lots of laughs and points and comments as we all walked in fancy dress through the city centre)

Good practice for Somerset House though I guess!I'm sure the London people will be a bit more appreciative of our costumes... Hope so anyway!

they all left and it was just us MFC members left upstairs in the VIP bar talking until the bar staff told us they were closing so we went downstairs and then we got moved on because they were closing aswell :roftl:

oh and then we were wandering around for a bar / pub open in manchester until 1am until we gave up and decided Manchester Sucks and went back to the hotel :thumb_yello:

oh and then we were wandering around for a bar / pub open in manchester until 1am until we gave up and decided Manchester Sucks and went back to the hotel :thumb_yello:

Oh God Bexxy I'm sorry you thought that about Manchester!:shocked:

Perhaps you have to know it to love it:naughty:

Anyway thanks for the report, it sounded great, and you are so lucky to have spent so long with the band!

Oh God Bexxy I'm sorry you thought that about Manchester!:shocked:

Perhaps you have to know it to love it:naughty:

Anyway thanks for the report, it sounded great, and you are so lucky to have spent so long with the band!

Thanks for the great report Bexxy! Glad you at least got to spend quality time with the band, even if you couldn't see Mika. :(

dcdeb

*yuppymunch is not shy* :naughty:

hey bexxy! well apparently i am not!! according to martin!!

did i tell you, i also got the cute barmans number!! ;)

it was such an amazing night.. and i loved everyone i met! you are all SOOO nice, i was a little scared at first but im so pleased i have met you all!

talking to the band was so cool! got a kiss on the LIPS from luke!! he didnt wanna kiss me on the cheek cos of my whiskers!

also, mikey kinda declared his undying love to JEM!! YAY!!

at the mo, i cant upload my vids on you tube, it says they are too big?! i dunno how to make them smaller!! HELP!

here are a few pics to get you IN THE MOOD, more on the way!

Picture135.jpg

US lot before it started YAY!

Picture181-1.jpg

yum, so close!!

Picture166.jpg

hey bexxy! well apparently i am not!! according to martin!!

did i tell you, i also got the cute barmans number!! ;)

it was such an amazing night.. and i loved everyone i met! you are all SOOO nice, i was a little scared at first but im so pleased i have met you all!

talking to the band was so cool! got a kiss on the LIPS from luke!! he didnt wanna kiss me on the cheek cos of my whiskers!

also, mikey kinda declared his undying love to JEM!! YAY!!

at the mo, i cant upload my vids on you tube, it says they are too big?! i dunno how to make them smaller!! HELP!

here are a few pics to get you IN THE MOOD, more on the way!

Picture135.jpg

US lot before it started YAY!

Picture181-1.jpg

yum, so close!!

Picture166.jpg

:jawdrop:

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!!! Sounds like you all had a really great time!

[ Off-topic but I might possibly have spare ticket for the ICA gig on Sunday (Not 100% sure though yet...depends if my sister wants to go or not) But PM me anyone if you might be interested! ]

oh noo the videos are too big?!!? :boxed:

they are the best mika videos aswell !!!

and my pictures are crap in comparison to yours but i will post up a few of the better ones :naughty:

2007_0627mikatbamanchester270001.jpg

sound check

2007_0627mikatbamanchester270014.jpg

tiny smudge of lipstick :bleh:

2007_0627mikatbamanchester270027.jpg

your pics are AMAZING!! oh yeah bexxy, i was talking to my mate on the phone and i told her how cool your outfit was! (forgot to say in my last post)!!

my sis knows how to make them smaller, but i have to wait til 6 when she finishes work to ring her!!