• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for doubleposting D:

Taken from here (LiCM in his own words)

Billy Brown

I just thought it was a brilliant story to put into a pop song — the idea of a man leaving his wife for another man. I really don’t know why it hasn’t been done before.

When you’re writing songs, you always want to play with intrigue and you always want to pull certain strings. The point of writing pop music is that, in a way, you can write about anything.

And it’s amazing how many younger listeners really love it and really identify with this little character Billy Brown, this cartoon character.

A few of my cousins are all around 12 to 15 years old. This is their favourite song. They find it funny and sweet.

Err, why can't you just tell us Mika? D:

And it’s amazing how many younger listeners really love it and really identify with this little character Billy Brown, this cartoon character.

why do kiddies identify with billy brown? :blink:

why all this fuss about whether Mika's gay or not ? he very cleverly entertains the myth about his sexuality and judging by all your reactions, I can see why ... it would give way to too many negative reactions if he did reveal his sexuality, either way, if he were heterosexual or homosexual. But I have my own idea which I won't reveal either. Just listen carefully to all of his songs, there might be a clue there ;)

I don't want to think that Billy Brown is a real, exact person in the reality.

Just like I don't want to think like that about Lollipop Girl, Holly Johnny, or Big Girl either.

I believe that these songs aren't about some exact persons, but about Mika's feelings and opinions concerning several aspects or problems of life. They are sometimes funny, sometimes deep, but always thought-provoking. I guess it's simply his own interpretation in his own point of view. His own, private Alice in Wonderworld. Hyper-reality, LOL.

why all this fuss about whether Mika's gay or not ? he very cleverly entertains the myth about his sexuality and judging by all your reactions, I can see why ... it would give way to too many negative reactions if he did reveal his sexuality, either way, if he were heterosexual or homosexual. But I have my own idea which I won't reveal either. Just listen carefully to all of his songs, there might be a clue there ;)

The Harry Nilsson cover:

Listen carefully to the lyrics and you will find clues here and there, that's really true.

In the Harry Nilsson cover Mika is leaving out the last words " And I won't let you leave my love behind."

Why? That's such a beautiful line.

The Harry Nilsson cover:

Listen carefully to the lyrics and you will find clues here and there, that's really true.

In the Harry Nilsson cover Mika is leaving out the last words " And I won't let you leave my love behind."

Why? That's such a beautiful line.

I think he just left it out as a sort of stylistic thing.

In his Same Jeans cover, he adds in a few lines that aren't in the original by the View. It's strange, because I was riding in the car with my parents a few weeks ago, and they were listening to country music. The song, "Walking in Memphis" came on, and a part of the song goes:

"Put on my blue suede shoes and I boarded the plane. Touched down in the land of the delta blues in the middle of the pouring rain."

And I was like, WAIT. That's in Mika's cover of Same Jeans! I wonder if he listens to country music...