2007-06-08: Los Angeles - Magic and Mayhem with Mika in LA

DaMango

DaMango, you're a girl after my own heart. I'm in Seattle as well so when he finally makes his way to the NW we'll have to work together and plan how to get some quality time with Mister Mika. Don't worry about being assertive. I'm not afraid to ask anybody for anything.

Your experience sounded like a dream and surely made your trip to L.A. SO worth it! Congratulations on getting up your gumption and not giving up!

You rock! AsInHappy

Hey girl! It's wonderful to finally meet another Seattle Mika fan! If he comes here, we'll definitely have to band together. You can do the talking this time! :naughty: I felt like a total crazy person getting on a plane to see him, but it was worth it. However, my sister said she would laugh at me if he comes to Seattle soon, after I made such an expensive trip to see him. Ah, sisters...

Also, thanks to everyone for your kind words. It's nice to have some Mika friends, especially when no one you know in real life has ever heard of him. I think I'd better put on my Mika button, get out there, and start spreading the word. :biggrin2:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey girl! It's wonderful to finally meet another Seattle Mika fan! If he comes here, we'll definitely have to band together. You can do the talking this time! :naughty: I felt like a total crazy person getting on a plane to see him, but it was worth it. However, my sister said she would laugh at me if he comes to Seattle soon, after I made such an expensive trip to see him. Ah, sisters...

Also, thanks to everyone for your kind words. It's nice to have some Mika friends, especially when no one you know in real life has ever heard of him. I think I'd better put on my Mika button, get out there, and start spreading the word. :biggrin2:

Back in Feb(?) when I had my first taste of Mika I was so excited about him I practically ran to the store the day "Life in Cartoon Motion" was released and bought seven copies. One was for me (obviously) and the other six were for friends with whom I wanted to share the candy-coated goodness that is Mika.

So don't feel bad about spending more money than you intended. It happens to the best of us. : ) I think Mika may be slipping subliminal messages into his songs: "Love me obsessively!" "Promote my record!" "Spend a ridiculous amount of time on the Mika Fan Club boards!" Either that, or he's made of sugar and crack and we're just addicted. Ha!

^ Seriously! There must be something subliminal in his music, because my fanship grew like a wild fire! Honest to goodness, the VERY first time I heard his voice was just over a month ago, around May 5th or 6th. I was taken aback by his vocal style, and intrigued by his image. The following weekend (Mother's Day weekend), I delved into his videos and interviews on the Tube. Yep, that did it. He was a musician after my own heart. I ran out and bought his album within a couple days, joined the MFC, and 3 weeks after that I boarded a plane to see him in concert!

Mika is musical crack. I'm sure of it.

^ Seriously! There must be something subliminal in his music, because my fanship grew like a wild fire! Honest to goodness, the VERY first time I heard his voice was just over a month ago, around May 5th or 6th. I was taken aback by his vocal style, and intrigued by his image. The following weekend (Mother's Day weekend), I delved into his videos and interviews on the Tube. Yep, that did it. He was a musician after my own heart. I ran out and bought his album within a couple days, joined the MFC, and 3 weeks after that I boarded a plane to see him in concert!

Mika is musical crack. I'm sure of it.

Dang! That WAS fast!! I would have loved to have flown down for the show but most of my disposable income is going in the bank so I can afford new energy efficient windows for my condo. I bet no one in Mika's cartoon world has to save money to afford energy efficient windows. Wah.

Right now the rest of my disposable income is dedicated to Rufus Wainwright. He is my ultimate fantasy-rockstar-gay boyfriend. He's got about ten years and four albums of pure genius on our dear, yummy Mika.

I saw Rufus both nights he was at The Triple Door in April and I'm seeing him at the Moore in July and in Portland two days later. As soon as Mika schedules a full-blown US tour, I'll go see him as many times as I can manage as well. I'm just waitin'. I feel like we'll be waiting forever! It seems like he's been around Europe 10 times already!!! Enough whining from me.

• dcdeb changed the title to 2007-06-08: Los Angeles - Magic and Mayhem with Mika in LA