mom

mikalovr

my mom doesnt like mikas MUSIC. she loves his voice but not when it goes high. she thinks he has lots of talent. i want to convince her to like him but she was in a rock band for 25 years, so shes hard to convince. any suggustions?

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my mom doesnt like mikas MUSIC. she loves his voice but not when it goes high. she thinks he has lots of talent. i want to convince her to like him but she was in a rock band for 25 years, so shes hard to convince. any suggustions?

Your mum was in a band....wow....THAT IS THE COOLEST!!

My mom likes him...I had him on my ipod in the car awhile back listening to Lollipop, and she was all 'is that Prince?!' and I was like 'no'....she was all 'well whoever that is, I like it' :naughty:

may i ask but is your picture QUEEN?

Play her "Erase" - he doesn't go so high in that track. Some people are just not fans of males who sing high.

Oh, and take parental musical opinions with a grain of salt...I remember once I was listening to the "Lion King" soundtrack, and my dad came, knocked on my door, and asked me to, and I quote, "turn down that hippie music!":roftl:

Play her "Erase" - he doesn't go so high in that track. Some people are just not fans of males who sing high.

Oh, and take parental musical opinions with a grain of salt...I remember once I was listening to the "Lion King" soundtrack, and my dad came, knocked on my door, and asked me to, and I quote, "turn down that hippie music!":roftl:

Turn down that hippie music???? LOL That was good. Is your dad a comedian? :biggrin2:

Turn down that hippie music???? LOL That was good. Is your dad a comedian? :biggrin2:

Nah, he's just a very...interesting man. He also insisted that one of Garth Brooks's songs (he of North American country music fame) was in fact rap music. Sigh.:blink:

Haha, that reminds me of when my dad told me that he didn't like "Moki's" music...meaning Mika's :bleh: Ah well. My mom likes Mika and his music. It's funny though; she doesn't really enjoy the interviews! I've shown her some that I thought were SO hilarious and she was bored by them :blink:

he he thats funny!:biggrin2:

Take her to a concert. It worked for me. Since she recognizes he has talent and obviously appreciates live music she'll probably have the same reaction.

I only like falsetto when it is used sparingly and thought Grace Kelly was quite catchy and well done. He uses enough falsetto to demonstrate his range without sounding like the Scissor Sisters. I wasn't so crazy about the rest of the album and only listened to it a couple of times.

I bought tickets to see Mika, like I do with a lot of Brit acts, because the tickets were cheap and the club was small and I knew he could sing. I figured would be worth an hour of my time and $15 to check him out.

The show was so beyond expectations I can't even tell you. And that was back in March. From the recent videos I've seen, Mika has really stepped up the live performances another notch.

Hi. I am a huge Queen fan, especially of Freddie Mercury. We didn't get all of their music here, because "those in charge" were too conservative. I never got to see them live. There has been no one like Freddie until Mika. They have the same energy. I don't know when, but I will get to see Mika.

From one mom to another mom...

Appreciate MIKA for his talent, let yourself be swept up in the happiness and fun of the sound, let yourself remember the days you were in your band, and how ecstatic you were when you played live...try to put aside all the pressures and stresses of the day, and let yourself be affected by this music.

And if none of that works...listen to Raffa's story followed by Any Other world...no mother, in my mind, can be unaffected by that song.

Oh yeah, and when your mom decides she does like MIKA after all, there is a whole forum thread for mothers...see my signature line. There are 36 of us so far, and at least 5 of us are probably older than your mom!!!:biggrin2:

LOVE LOVE MIKA

and my mom IGNORES mika..:shocked:

I talk about him so much and everytime I do she says "who is mika?" although she knows him-

I think she tries to say that she has no interest.

:thumbdown:

Could be that she does that to keep you talking or maybe just messing with you, trying to make you crazy (lol). That's one mom secret. Also, ask her what music she is or was into and that might help. Oh and make sure she knows that his mom goes to his concerts - I personally witnessed her coming out of the van in Chicago.:mf_rosetinted: