what instruments do mfc play

micafan

I can play descant recorder, 5-hole ocarina (currently learning how to play 12-hole ocarina), and a small amount of keyboard (I only ever did a Grade 1 exam in it...). When I start playing a keyboard or piano, I tend to just plonk down minor chords and diminished chords and sigh happily, for the dark sound of these chords brings me much joy *LOL* or I just play the chocobo theme from the Final Fantasy series or something equally geeky (haltingly, though).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I play piano.. From the age or seven, but stopped learning it when I was 15.. Just a private teacher though:p No fancy acadamy or stuff like that :P

Me too, but I'm 15 now and I still play :bleh::biggrin2:. And I try to play guitar but I'm not good in this :thumbdown:...

I used to play clarinet and piano and a small bit of violin and saxaphone. I'm yearning to pick up the piano again! My younger brother is learning the trumpet, so I also want to learn along with him (so then I can attempt the trumpet bits in Billy Brown).

• 1 year later...

Clarinet, guitar and bass guitar. I used to play flute, but I didn't like it very much. I love the sound of a clarinet, and they look great too in my opinion:mf_rosetinted:

On the moment I have some trouble playing the clarinet, because I'm very short of breath. Some of the highest notes are just too much for me now.... It sucks, but I now that this is only a moment, it will get better and then I can play whatever I want.

I have problems with playing guitar too. The ligatures in my fingers hurt after only five minutes, caused by a kind of rheumatoid arthritis.

When I was 16 I played in a band, untill I was 18 or 19 and school asked too much time. But it was great, playing the first guitar :punk::mf_rosetinted:

On the moment I have some trouble playing the clarinet, because I'm very short of breath. Some of the highest notes are just too much for me now.... It sucks, but I now that this is only a moment, it will get better and then I can play whatever I want.

Have you tried to use circular breathing techniques? My clarinet teacher taught me how to do it when I started playing and it's really hard to learn.. but if you can do it (even if you only do it badly) it helps so much!! Clarinet is all down to the breathing to hit the notes, especially the high ones so it's worth attempting to learn :thumb_yello:

http://www.woodwind.org/clarinet/Study/CircularBreathing.html

Just remember that is it really hard to learn (for most people) and takes a lot of (daily) practice to be able to do

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2396940821493660472

Practice by doing something like this once you think you've learnt the technique :) My teacher used to make me do this in my lessons and I felt so stupid hahah.. but it works :D

Edited by -Jennie-