Big Girl - It's Started!

babspanky

Ha! Showing our age??? Singles were a two track record made of vinyl, played with a needle on an arm connected to a turntable, and the record had an A side and a B side. I notice Mika often talks about his "record", even though it is a CD.

Queen had a famous argument about the Bohemian Rhapsody single, which was the A side, as Roger Taylor's I'm in Love with my car was the b side, and he got the same amount of royalties for that song as Freddie did for writing Bo Rap, as they were both on the same record. Just FYI from one of the dinosaurs on MFC!!:punk:

Cool, thanks for your additional explanation Blue Sky! :thumb_yello:

Yup, I noticed Mika talking about his 'records' a few times! :biggrin2: My youngest sister (born in the same year as Mika) is a teacher in primary school and she told me that most of 'her' kids don't have a clue what a vinyl record is (she does herself though!). Oww... Those Good Old Days... I feel like a dinosaur too! Or even worse: a fossil! :biggrin2:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'The other song' on a cd single. :wink2:

The word comes from the pre-cd era, when singles came out on vinyl only and you had to flip them over to play 'the other song' (so there was an A-side - the actual single - and a B-side). :wink2:

Yeah, the good old times - LOL :biggrin2:

Instant Martyr would already be cool on the single but with Overrated I'd really be over the moon (although I don't really think it would match with Big Girl...)

Queen had a famous argument about the Bohemian Rhapsody single, which was the A side, as Roger Taylor's I'm in Love with my car was the b side, and he got the same amount of royalties for that song as Freddie did for writing Bo Rap, as they were both on the same record. Just FYI from one of the dinosaurs on MFC!!:punk:

I thought the same!!! You read my mind, Blue!!! :roll1:

Yeah, the good old times - LOL :biggrin2:

Instant Martyr would already be cool on the single but with Overrated I'd really be over the moon (although I don't really think it would match with Big Girl...)

i love overrated.

it would be awesome if that was on with Big girl...:wub2:

but any Mika song is awesome =] im not fussed lol

I haven't even heard Love Today or Relax on Dutch radio. Not a single time. :boxed:

Oh well, they can skip them both and play Big Girl as the new song. :biggrin2:

Uhhh! One station is playing Love Today.. I've heard it once - they aired the English top 10- that's it! And lollipop.. We don't get much Mika

That's great!

They haven't even started playing Love Today here in Sweden...:sneaky2:

they havent played anything here in america, butim watching and waiting. it shouldnt be too long now.

*thinking up evilplot toget mika on the radio:naughty: *

oh god i thought u mean the video, i was gonna start jumping around in the room going mental cos i wouldn't be able to watch it :naughty:

me too!! hope the video will be released soon!

Yeah, just like they do over here in retarded Germany :thumbdown:

Can'r believe anything like that is happening in Germany! I mean - It's Deutschland! You allways have the music!

Oh well, I remember my favourite DJ played Stuck in the Middle. There's a thread about it (and I sent him an e-mail to thank him for playing my favourite Mika song!). :biggrin2:

I just checked the website of this particular program (actually I never listen to the radio at that time on a Saturday evening) and I found out:

- Relax 2x

- Any Other World 1x

- Stuck in the Middle 8x

http://destrepenvanspits.kro.nl/playlist-archief.aspx

Well done Frits! :thumb_yello:

our radio station hasn't played it yet.. But they always start playing songs after the video comes out or smth like that :bleh: so.. have to wait a bit :D

:blink: Which radio station do you mean? I´ve heard Big Girl two times already, a week ago (on Vikerraadio, the morning programme) :wink2:

oooohhhhhh it's getting exciting! The anticipation is killing me!:blush-anim-cl::biggrin2::original::lol3:

...*starts hyperventilating*

'Anticipation' is one word for it Jem. Other words that spring to mind are 'nervous beyond words' and 'completely petrified' :blush-anim-cl:

Wish we could get a sneak preview of the video before it's let loose on an unsuspecting public eek :wink2::biggrin2:

...and my big toe is STILL bruised after all that jumping about for the shoot... but it was sooo worth every painful step back to the train station hee hee !!

...*starts hyperventilating*

'Anticipation' is one word for it Jem. Other words that spring to mind are 'nervous beyond words' and 'completely petrified' :blush-anim-cl:

Wish we could get a sneak preview of the video before it's let loose on an unsuspecting public eek :wink2::biggrin2:

...and my big toe is STILL bruised after all that jumping about for the shoot... but it was sooo worth every painful step back to the train station hee hee !!

LOL but it's so true, I have butterflies! A few more weeks and few of us will be famous! LOL!

BTW I can't bear to wear my converse for more than 8 hrs as it brings back painful memories, I had to take them off on the train!:blink:

:blink: Which radio station do you mean? I´ve heard Big Girl two times already, a week ago (on Vikerraadio, the morning programme) :wink2:

Sky Plus and Star FM. I don't think I even have Vikerraadio on my list :blink: But it will be now XD

I keep having panic attacks thinking either that I'll be edited out completely and no-one will believe I was even there............or, that I'm not but look terrible!! Imagine the wind blowing ur hair in your eyes or blinking at a crucial moment etc?!!! I also wish we'd get a preview..........at least we could brace ourselves!!

Vix x