A little Mika help here please

nikoulini

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I pretty much explained it in the moving pics thread ;)

I'll go look for it ;)

okay:

First of all you need a video, The thing I always do is, I take the youtube video I want. I go to http://vixy.net/, copy the link from the video, paste it over there. Make sure it says: convert to avi, and then click start.

Then it starts converting the video, when it's finished, you'll see a link from which you can download the video, save it somewhere on your computer.

Next thing, you'll need to have an animation program, I don't know any that are free, maybe someone else does. But I love using Jasc animation shop the most. It's very easy and you can download a free trial here: http://www.softlookup.com/display.asp?id=21621

OK, now start the program jasc, click start, not order. Choose file, open, select the video you want from your computer, open it. Then there is a window: avi import options click below "all frames" on : "frames"

This is where I just guess a lot... I'm sure there's a more professional way, but it works great for me ;) Try to guess where the part in the video is that you want as an animation. I do this by just playing the video in a media player, and doing some math by dividing the minutes and stuff :P

So in the first space, type in where the part u want to animate, starts. In the second part where it ends. Don't matter if you have too much frames selected, you can always delete some frames.

then by sampling click "take one sample for every... frames"

I choose 3.

This makes your animotion shorter, so faster and not so big. If you don't do this your animation will go very slow. The higher the number, how shorter the animation, I wouldn't take more than 5 though, cause then it doesn't really look realistic.

There is your animation. You see all frames of it.

Now go to view, click animation and you see the way it looks.

If you want to delete some more frames to get the animation u want, look at the frames in the view animation screen, you can see them going by, and you can see from what frame (number) you want to start and what frame u want to end it with.

Then close the view animation.

Now, search for the frame you wanted to start with, let's say frame 51.You click the frame before that one, and then you hold down "shift" and you scroll down all the way to the left, now all those frames before 51 should have a blue edge, press delete on your keyboard.

Now search for the frame you wanted to end with, click the frame after it, hold down "shift" and scroll all the way to the right, now those are blue, delete them. Now go to view animation again and see if it looks good, otherwise fix it.

Ideally you don't want to have too many frames, I mostly have max of 120/150 frames

Now go to animation in top menu, click resize animation, and choose a size you want.

then go to edit in top menu, click select all, then go to animation, frame properties, display time, and scroll it to 1, yeah it looks a bit too fast now, but once you save it slows down a lot, well mine does...

you're done!

go to file;save as .GIF (very important!!), and then just keep on clicking next. You can select something differently by better quality, smaller size, but if you make it too small it will get all pixelfied, therefor not pretty.

Well I pretty much explained it in the moving pics thread ;)

I'll go look for it ;)

okay:

First of all you need a video, The thing I always do is, I take the youtube video I want. I go to http://vixy.net/, copy the link from the video, paste it over there. Make sure it says: convert to avi, and then click start.

Then it starts converting the video, when it's finished, you'll see a link from which you can download the video, save it somewhere on your computer.

Next thing, you'll need to have an animation program, I don't know any that are free, maybe someone else does. But I love using Jasc animation shop the most. It's very easy and you can download a free trial here: http://www.softlookup.com/display.asp?id=21621

OK, now start the program jasc, click start, not order. Choose file, open, select the video you want from your computer, open it. Then there is a window: avi import options click below "all frames" on : "frames"

This is where I just guess a lot... I'm sure there's a more professional way, but it works great for me ;) Try to guess where the part in the video is that you want as an animation. I do this by just playing the video in a media player, and doing some math by dividing the minutes and stuff :P

So in the first space, type in where the part u want to animate, starts. In the second part where it ends. Don't matter if you have too much frames selected, you can always delete some frames.

then by sampling click "take one sample for every... frames"

I choose 3.

This makes your animotion shorter, so faster and not so big. If you don't do this your animation will go very slow. The higher the number, how shorter the animation, I wouldn't take more than 5 though, cause then it doesn't really look realistic.

There is your animation. You see all frames of it.

Now go to view, click animation and you see the way it looks.

If you want to delete some more frames to get the animation u want, look at the frames in the view animation screen, you can see them going by, and you can see from what frame (number) you want to start and what frame u want to end it with.

Then close the view animation.

Now, search for the frame you wanted to start with, let's say frame 51.You click the frame before that one, and then you hold down "shift" and you scroll down all the way to the left, now all those frames before 51 should have a blue edge, press delete on your keyboard.

Now search for the frame you wanted to end with, click the frame after it, hold down "shift" and scroll all the way to the right, now those are blue, delete them. Now go to view animation again and see if it looks good, otherwise fix it.

Ideally you don't want to have too many frames, I mostly have max of 120/150 frames

Now go to animation in top menu, click resize animation, and choose a size you want.

then go to edit in top menu, click select all, then go to animation, frame properties, display time, and scroll it to 1, yeah it looks a bit too fast now, but once you save it slows down a lot, well mine does...

you're done!

go to file;save as, and then just keep on clicking next. You can select something differently by better quality, smaller size, but if you make it too small it will get all pixelfied, therefor not pretty.

tHANKS A LOT!!!:)

tHANKS A LOT!!!:)

Yeah, I forgot something though! You have to save as GIF, not avi (which it choses normally ;))

here is another result I just did whilst adjusting the explanation hihi:naughty:

73034f9eec104122c8b4175jk5.gif