Going to ROME, could anyone help with some info?

LnrdToxic

Hey guys, on the 3rd (tomorrow) I'm going on a short trip to Rome. I don't know much about the city (except for all the ancient history that doesn't really help me with going there now, lol) and I was wondering if anyone here has been, or is from, or lives in Rome! hehe...If so, I would just like to know what I MUST DO, and what I should NOT do...etc...I'm just trying to get information on cool places that aren't well known, or cool things to do that most tourists don't know about! If anyone can help with any piece of info it would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :wink2: ...and oh, Happy New Year to all! :bleh:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uh-oh, so you're not interested in the old stuff...I'm obsessed with History, 1900's in particular :naughty:

for example there is this liberty-style quarter based among Salaria and Nomentana street conceived by the florentine architect Coppedè wich is absolutely stunning:wub2:

here you can see some pix

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=149920

and you can visit Villa Torlonia + casina delle civette on Nomentana Street:wink2:

http://www.sottocoperta.net/itinerari/italia/torlonia.htm

hehe don't get me wrong, i am very interested in the historic stuff, i just mean that knowing about their government and what emperor ruled in whatever time B.C. doesn't help me much! AHHAh :roftl: ....I just don't wanna miss out on anything cool that is not necessarily well known, you know what I mean? I plan on going to the Vatican, Colosseum, the fountains etc...:bleh:

hehe don't get me wrong, i am very interested in the historic stuff, i just mean that knowing about their government and what emperor ruled in whatever time B.C. doesn't help me much! AHHAh :roftl: ....I just don't wanna miss out on anything cool that is not necessarily well known, you know what I mean? I plan on going to the Vatican, Colosseum, the fountains etc...:bleh:

understan.....lol

dunno:blink:

aww yes cinecittà http://www.cinecittastudios.it/public/index.cfm?id=230

PM TO GRETA BUT HER IMBOX IS FULL, SO HERE IT GOES! lol

Hi, how are you? Thanks for your reply on my going to Roma thread"...so here's the deal, I'm only gonna be there for two days!!! My dad is an airline pilot and he has this work trip, and he gets to stay there for two whole days, and he gets a hotel room, and since I'm on vacation from school, I decided to come along. I mean, it's free, so why not, lol!

I'm staying at the "Jolly Leonardo da Vinci, which is on Via Dei Gracchi 324, 00192 Roma, which is in Prati (I'm not sure what Prati is, but it showed up on my map in bigger letters! hehe...:blush-anim-cl: ..its right by the Tiber river

well, if you could give me any info on what I should do on those two days, considering where I'm staying, and if you live near by maybe you can meet me there :bleh:

thanks so much for your help, and I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this! hehe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

understan.....lol

dunno:blink:

aww yes cinecittà http://www.cinecittastudios.it/public/index.cfm?id=230

aww a movie studio? I don't think I have time to go there, but that is great!

Hey one of you should come hang out with me in Rome, haha, ill be there alone cause my dad will be busy with work stuff! :bleh:

ops!:blush-anim-cl: *goes to empty pms box*

I've some parents in Rome but I don't live there, sorry

Prati is the XXII Rione of the Urbe..

ok :naughty:nevermind! just for curiosity

XXII= 22

"rione" means a city-centre part

Urbe= old Rome

round your stay there are many beautiful:

squares{=piazza}

Piazza Cavour, Piazza del Risorgimento, Piazza Cola di Rienzo, Piazza dei Quiriti, Piazza della Libertà

streets: Lungotevere dei Mellini, Lungotevere Prati, Viale delle Milizie, Via Crescenzio, Via degli Scipioni, Via Ottaviano, Via Germanico, Via Lepanto, Via Cola di Rienzo

Churches:Chiesa Valdese, Chiesa del Sacro Cuore del Suffragio

monuments: Politeama Adriano {which is no more a theatre but has 10 cinemas}

Palazzaccio is the name the romans give to Palazzo di Giustizia {Justice court}

Hey one of you should come hang out with me in Rome, haha, ill be there alone cause my dad will be busy with work stuff! :bleh:

*temptation of another trip to the lovely capital*

when do you go to Rome?

oh...well..I'm from Rome,but i moved 2 years ago..well...everything you should visit is well known...if you love shopping(but u r a man..so,i dunno,but there are beautiful shops for men as well)u could go to Via Ottaviano;via Veneto,Cola di Rienzo...the first one is near the Vaticano...well...you will be very surprised about the prices in the bars...they're very expensive!!!So...a bottle of water...don't miss it from your home!:biggrin2: aaand....fountains...are fantastic...and ppl too...but they don't know much english!!lool!

Thanks so much for all your help! haha :biggrin2: ...It's sad no one can come and hang out with me, but m sure ill be back and maybe it will work out! hehe...

Ill make sure Ill bring a bottle of water! lol...I speak Portuguese, and some Spanish and French, so I hope I can get by and communicate with people :blush-anim-cl:

Any good clubs around Rome? lol

Cocktail- design&appetizer-music club bar

Friends@Piazza Trilussa 34

Magnolia@Campo dè Fiori

Pubs

Ris Cafè@Pzza Risorgimento 16

Bibamus@via Santa Maria Dell'Anima 18

Disco

La Nuit@via cesare beccaria, 22

Once upon a time, it was called Le Stelle (The Stars), and a real trend setter in the city, riding on the 80's and 90's wave and introducing the concept of the afterhours party in the nation. Born in 1977 as Mais, then Le Stelle in 1986, changing once again into Vamp at the end of the 90's and now, it's latest transformation: La Nuit. After a scrupulous restyling, La Nuit carries on the idea of what it used to be: the perfect spot for worldly events and disco-lounge for private parties and fashionable happenings. It's a timeless place which looks into the future while never completely turning its back on its past experiences. The commander who still holds the reigns on this historical stallion is Massimo Buonerba has seen many djs, promoters, art directors and performers pass through his consolle and events; people like Giancarlino (founder, dj and art director of Goa) and Paolo Di Stefano from Nice. Some clubbers may still call Massimo their uncle or putative dad, but this place still has a whole lot to give, with a whole lot of fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anima@via dell'anima, 57

In its fifth season and under new management, Anima has become one of the focal points for those who love good music, good drinks and all around good fun, any night of the week. Elegant yet informal, this american bar is filled with just the right amount of eclectic touches to make it one of a kind. Evenings start early with after dinner drinks (all made to perfection, just try their mojito or margarita) concocted by skillful hands, and can finish off with some 'soft club culture'. Music is taken seriously here with resident djs like Ricky, Ariele, Max and Siddharta, who mix black sounds in all of its forms: nu-funk, r'n'b, and hip-hop (old&nu-school). Anything that's (and was) hot here and overseas, you better believe you're gonna dance to it at Anima. When the clock strikes 12, this place is packed with tourists and locals alike.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Le Rune@ via di monte testaccio, 46

Le Rune is a gothic word, sort of like the gothic feeling you get upon entering this place in club-riddled Testaccio. Recently inaugurated, Le Rune is a restaurant, a cocktail bar and a dance club all rolled into one. Doors open for dinner and the kitchen doesn't shut down till 5am; now that's big news. The menu lists traditional Roman specialties and Mediterranean dishes, all served with an original twist to make it just a little more special. There's three halls set up to accommodate all tastes: there's the cocktail and aperitif area complete with cozy seating spots and dance music (hip-hop, r'n'b, house, electro, live rock events) plays in the other two rooms. The decorations follow and put on display the traditional 'cocci' (earthenware) found in this particular area of Rome.

--------------------------------------------------------------

{the most famous disco club is a bit far from the city center}

Goa@via libetta 13

Once again, it’s been a successful season for the capital’s most popular club. Hard to imagine any other place to be so influential on a city’s culture and trends as Goa.

Don’t even try asking Romans whether they know the place because you’ll always get a positive answer. As a matter or fact, Goa has been setting the standards for 10 years now and defining what a club should be like in these fast-paced times.

The space has been designed in a perfectly ethnic style taking inspiration from Bollywood, India and the Orient’s answer to Hollywood. And with a little movie magic, this exclusive club has always offered the very best with international stars and Djs who compete on getting invited (Kruder & Dorfmeister, Howie B, Deep Dish, Sven Vath, Timo Maas, Tony Humphries, Carl Cox, Richie Hawtin, Tiga.. need I say more?), while offering a comfortable place for the capital’s beautiful people and evenings with an edge.

Goa is always foreseeing music trends, open to new and interesting ideas, and not clinging to commercial and the usual top 40 listings.

The founder of the club and a household name everywhere, together with his ‘associate’ Claudio Coccoluto give a boost to Thursdays nights with Ultra Beat and House in Motion. The other programmed evenings include Wednesday’s Soul Show, D*Lite on Fridays and FromClassicsOn on Saturdays which with its prestigious resident Djs Chicco Messina and Luis Radio turn the place upside down.

Still not convinced? Try checking the place out around midnight… follow the long line of people drooling to get in…

from http://www.2night.it/v2/roma/index.html

All I can say is that I was only in Rome for 3 days and that if you want to go the Vatican, get there VERY EARLY. We got there a couple hours early and was pretty far up in the line, but by the time it opened, I couldn't even see the end of the line!