Edith Piaf

xBillyBrownx

I thought maybe it would interest you :

on the french pop idol (it's called Nouvelle Star) one of the singers sang La vie en rose. Many french singers still sing her songs even though they're quite old, in tv shows or contests. She's a reference, everybody knows her songs.

I hope it helps you :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I'm probably too late? I just wanted to suggest you to search her on youtube, there are lots of marwellous videos where you can really see what kind of woman she was. I find her absolutely fascinating - her voice, her personality. She was not considered a typical beauty, but to my mind she was very beautiful. Jean Cocteau said about her that she had beaute de l'ombre - beauty of a shadow, and that when she sang it seemed like she was crying out her soul for the last time. It couldn't have been said better. I've read her autobiography and seen lots of videos and I think she was one of the most extraordinary woman in the world - I admire her so much!

Oh wow thanks that's a great idea!!:thumb_yello:

From what I've seen so far I think she's fantastic as well. I love what you've quoted too. Thanks a lot for the info!

I thought maybe it would interest you :

on the french pop idol (it's called Nouvelle Star) one of the singers sang La vie en rose. Many french singers still sing her songs even though they're quite old, in tv shows or contests. She's a reference, everybody knows her songs.

I hope it helps you :wink2:

Yes that's certainly useful! Thank you for letting me know! I'll try to research that as well. :D;)