Random Stories Thread!

bopsterjazz

I don't know if something like this already exists but I thought it'd be cool to post any random story that comes to your head. It can be as long or as short as you want it, planned or not. It can even just be an idea for a story you're just batting around in your head.

Bottom line:

Post stories and comments on stories here.

Have fun postin'! :biggrin2:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1ST one! :D it's kinda long. . .

Officer Christopher Oliver Peabody:

“Do you know why you’re here?” I said in my usual, strong, bad-cop voice.

“Yes,” answered the tiny, blonde delinquent.

“Do you understand what you’ve done?” I questioned.

“Didn’t you just ask that” said the boy, a smart aleck I see.

“Hey, I’ll be the one asking the questions around here! Now tell me why!”

“Why what?” again with the questions.

“Why did you do it?”

“You wouldn’t understand. You’ll think I made it up,” the kid pointed out. What, does he think I’m stupid? I was hired to ask questions and get answers, that’s all I’m allowed to do so that’s all I will do.

“I won’t judge, that’s the judge’s job,” I thought I could make him giggle but he just stared.

“Ok, but you have to promise not to laugh.”

“I promise.”

“Do you pinky promise?” he said as he stuck out his pinky.

“Sure, I pinky promise,” then I shook his pinky with mine. “So, what happened?”

“It goes like this:”

Kevin:

I ran to the ball court to play some basketball with Michael, Jake and Dylan. They’re my three best friends in the whole wide world, but they didn’t show up. So I started shooting without them. I made two three pointers and five free throws when a bunny sat right under the hoop. I didn’t wanna squash it so I ran over to it and tried to scoot it out of the way. It didn’t move but it said something to me: “I’m Roger, and I have come to bring you to Carrotopia” he was really cute and had an M on his head that reminded me of my cat so I listened to him. “Why do you have to take me to Carrotopia? Will I ever come back?” I asked because I didn’t want to miss any birthdays and I wanted to stay with my parents because they pay me ten bucks a month and I’m saving up for a remote control airplane. “Just come with me time is running out I’ll explain on the way!” So I followed him into a field.

Roger:

Ok, so it might seem like kidnapping, but the kid is needed to stop this attack, the king will understand that, right? He’s the only one that knows how to work the controls for this thing, and I had no witnesses when I took him. Everything will be fine, Roger, the king will be happy that I stopped what could easily kill all of Carrotopia. Yeah, then I’ll be promoted and. . . oh, the kid looks scared, I’d better explain this to him.

“Look, I’m sorry for kidnapping you but you are a kid, right?” I said as calmly as possible.

“Right, I’m ten. Why do you need me?” the blonde kid asked.

“Right, and you can work a remote control car?”

“Yes, but WHY DO YOU NEED ME?” he seemed frustrated.

“I need you to follow me down this hole.”

Kevin:

So I followed him. When we got to the other side of the hole I widened my eyes. I couldn’t believe it. It was beautiful. It had carrot trees and dirt mound houses and colorful rabbits all over the place! I didn’t know what to focus on it was all so coooool! I wanted to leave Roger the bunny but knew better, cuz then I’d get lost and I’d never get back to my ten dollar pay check.

Roger:

I wanted to show him the problem but the kid kept going off track, staring at everything in sight.

“Why are some bunnies all colorful?” he asked.

“If I tell you will you promise to stay right behind me?”

“Yes!” I doubted it. . .

“Ok, there are different colored bunnies because bunnies have different moods. When they get angry they turn red, sad makes them blue, and if they are happy they turn white. Then there are plenty of in between colors for everything else. Bunnies can’t change facial expressions so they rely on their colors to tell whose feeling great or not.” I explained.

“That’s sooooo cool! How does that happen?” he pestered.

“I don’t know, now just follow me!”

“Alright,” he said, finally shutting up as I took him to Flying Pigs Harbor. Where I had to give him even more answers on why the planes were pigs and how that was possible.

I then took him inside, to the control room where he went nuts.

Kevin:

In this room that Roger took me to there were all kinds of buttons and levers! It looked like my remote control for my R/C toys times 10! It was awesome and these colorful bunnies were operating these remotes that looked giant compared to them. Roger said “I need your help with that one.” And he pointed his cute little paw at a giant remote. “No one can reach it and a plane is about to crash at 3:05 today! Can you try?” he asked. I said “Sure! I’m good at this!” And I pressed all kinds of buttons and then something beeped.

Roger:

Ok, so he turned the sprinkler system on. That’s not so bad. He just destroyed tens of millions of veggies in technology, but the king can replace it when he saves Carrotopia, right? I decided to take him to the king, maybe the king will understand my brilliance when he meets this kid, and the bunnies will get a chance to fix some of the damage while we’re out.

We went to the Palace of Carrotopia and asked to meet the king.

“I’ve got a special treat for you Kevin.” I told him attempting to get him on his best behavior, but he just got worse.

“What is it? Candy corn?”

“No, I’m taking you to meet the king!”

“Ok. . . I’d much rather have candy corn, though.”

Elvis:

Stand tall before me peasants! What is it that you want, Roger?

I-I found this kid, he’s going to s-save us from the crash! He just needs to be trained.

Ok, what do you want me to do about it?

I-I figured y-you could, uh, teach him the controls . . . he’s pretty much destroyed the control room at the Harbor . . .

He’s wasted our veggies? Get him out of here!

O-o-ok, sir.

Roger:

Oh, crap! He’s angry! Red does NOT suit that bunny . . . now how can I make this work?

“Ok, so, he didn’t like you, but I think I can fix that if you do something for me.” I commented.

“Alright, what?”

“I want you to stop that plane no matter what, can you do that for me?”

“Sure, what should I do?” he asked. As if I knew! If I knew I would tell you!

“I don’t know . . . how do you stop a pig?” I inquired.

“I have an idea! Take me back to the airport!” so I did. Again, he gaped at the flying pigs who made no noise as they got into the air.

Kevin:

So I told him to take me to the place where the pigs were taking off. It was a huge gated area with long white lines painted on the ground. The lines were the same white that Roger was. I never saw him change color I wanted to ask him why but he showed me the time and it was 3:03 two more minutes until KABLOOM! So I asked him which one it was and he ran me over to a pig with an overbite and I looked at it. I told it not to take off but I don’t think it understood me. And without thinking I jumped on it. I think it worked cuz Roger jumped up and down and the pig didn’t move. It fell over and the colorful bunnies on board hopped off all turning red (I think that’s anger) then I got up.

Roger:

I can’t believe it worked! The kid actually did it! Once the king finds out . . . I can’t believe he did it!

Officer Christopher Oliver Peabody:

“Ok, so you saved a bunch of bunnies but that doesn’t explain why you spray painted the f-word on the side of a barn,” I said confused.

“What? I never did that!” the ten-year-old got defensive.

“Really, because I swear . . .”

“Nope, but my big brother buys spray paint all the time, maybe he did it?” the kid confessed. So I called his parents and told them the story. They looked so worried when they came to the station. They told me Kevin has no brother and suffers from hallucinations.

“We’ve tried everything, but he continues to make up these crazy stories. We are sorry for wasting your time, Officer Peabody, we’ll try to keep him in the house from now on,” his mom tried to explain.

“I understand, my brother used to do the same thing when he was that age, he eventually grew out of it. Good night, Mrs. Johnson,” It’s funny, but I swear my little brother made up that exact same story years ago, the mood bunnies and everything. He looked almost like that kid, too. Nah, it can’t be, he died years ago.

• 8 months later...

Revival time!!! :biggrin2: (on something that never lived in the first place. . . ) Anywho! I just wrote a fictional interview for a class, tell me what you think! :thumb_yello:

Interview with Phosphorus

Interviewer: Ladies and gentlemen, we are so lucky to have on our program today TWO of the three members of the band Phosphorous!

(audience cheers as Red and White find their way onto the stage)

Red: Yeah, Black’s really upset he couldn’t be here tonight.

White: Yeah, he’s so upset he’s missed rehearsals and shows and. . .

Red: Shut up! We’re trying to make ourselves look good here!

White: Whatever!

Interviewer: Ok, moving on! What brought you guys together? Who discovered you?

Red: Well, we weren’t originally called Phosphorus. Back in 1669 we called ourselves Urine. That was back when H. Brandt was producing us.

White: But he treated us like crap!

Red: He let us putrify, then he boiled us to a paste!

White: I think the only problem he had with us was the fact that he was producing a band that called themselves Urine.

Interviewer: So where are you guys from?

Red: We come from a place called Phosphate Ores but sometimes we can be found in Nervous Tissue, Bones, and Cell Protoplasm. Or at least those are the places we most frequently play. People are obsessed with us! We can’t cross the street without being mobbed! But then again, we aren’t hard to find.

Interviewer: So, White, we hear there’s some fire between you and Oxygen. Is that true?

White: Not at all!

Red: It is too! Personally, I’d call it love at first sight, or at any sight for that matter.

White: Whatever!!

Red: Oh, stop being so tempermental!

White: I’ll stop being tempermental when you stop bragging about being so stable!

Red: I’m not bragging! I’m just much better at dealing with other elements than you are.

White: Ok, that’s it! (grabs Red violently)

Interviewer: Guys cut it out! You’re doing a show here! I have an idea, what do you guys have in common?

Red: Well, we usually appear as waxy white, but sometimes. . . when we’re pure, we are transparent.

White: We’re also insoluble in water!

Red: Hey, good one! And we’re soluble in something called carbon disulphide.

Interviewer: What else are you guys good for?

Red: Well, I’m used in matches, pyrotechnics and pesticides!

White: And I’m used in. . . fertilizer.

Red: We help plants and animals grow, we’re involved in Photosynthesis, Metabolism and Nerve Functions.

Interviewer: So you guys must be really busy.

Red: Yeah, but we always find time to give back to the community.

White: We give so much people actually say we’re an “essential component of living systems.”

Red: I think it’s because we’re not a metal band. People just aren’t into metal right now, not like they used to be.

Interviewer: Well, that’s all we have time for! Join us next week when Mercury shows us what a semi-metal band really is!

White: Hey!

Interviewer: Special thanks to my guests White and Red from the band Phosphorus! See you next week!

Archived