Mika "too big" for Take That tour

Cautionary Wife

Q4MUSIC

February 23, 2007

Number one singer Mika has pulled out of touring with Take That, reportedly leaving the band struggling to find a support act in time for their tour announcement next week.

A source told The Sun, “Mika was considering the offer. But after his No1 he thought he could earn more headlining on his own. In the short term that may be true but Take That have such a huge following it would have given him the perfect platform to showcase his new album."

“The Sugababes are one of the most successful UK bands yet they saw it as an honour to support Take That last time. They can’t do this one because they’re working on a new album. Girls Aloud are doing the same."

It can't be that much of an honour or the ageless boy band wouldn't be having so much trouble trying to find support. Oops, did we say that out loud?

Mika, Take That, or head in an oven?

---

CW.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him. The other worry I had aside from his already being too popular to be just a supporting act, is that this would have placed him firmly in the "mainstream" world when he really defies labels. Don't know if that makes sense.

I heard somewhere that Mika commented about the press:

....I am also supposed to be featuring on the Take That Tour as a support artist, I know nothing about this....

So this could have been totally fabricated and it does not matter nor will it have harmed him either way.

it would not have worked, nor would it have helped Mika to promote his ideas