One of Mika's opening bands: Creature - new album out March 4

zoots14

Hi all,

I don't know if this was just in Toronto (I know Midway State opened most of Mika's North American shows), but Creature opened for Mika at least once and they were fantastic! They're a band from Montreal - their music is great and they're lots of fun to see live.

They have an album coming out March 4th, and they were so good opening for Mika that I decided to give them a little plug on MFC. Mika got his start by promoting himself online too, so I think it would be kind of karmic if his opening bands got some good online word-of-mouth!

Here's their Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/creaturecreature

Here's a video of my favourite song of theirs, Bridget Bardot:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FHHh1474Ttk

Their little promo video:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=b4QEDyBICeU

Their website:

http://www.creatureband.com

And upcoming shows:

5 Mar 2008 20:00 - Le National - Record Launch Montreal, Quebec

6 Mar 2008 20:00 - El Mocambo/ part of CMW Toronto, Ontario

7 Mar 2008 20:00 - L’Azile Joliette

8 Mar 2008 20:00 - Bar Le Metric St Jean-Sur-Richelieu, Quebec

20 Mar 2008 20:30 - L’Impérial Québec City, Quebec

21 Mar 2008 20:30 - Le Téléphone Rouge Sherbrooke, Quebec

22 Mar 2008 20:30 - Le Zaricot Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec

3 Apr 2008 20:00 - Zaphod Beeblebrox Ottawa, Ontario

19 Apr 2008 20:30 - Café-Galerie l’Embuscade Trois-Rivières, Quebec

25 Apr 2008 21:00 - The Pepper Jack Cafe Hamilton, Ontario

26 Apr 2008 21:00 - Rivoli Toronto, Ontario

1 May 2008 23:00 - Le Cercle Québec, Quebec

17 May 2008 20:00 - Le Collège Montmorency / Le Trac (B-1346) Laval, Quebec

31 May 2008 22:00 - Patrick’s Lounge Sutton, Quebec

12 Jun 2008 12:30 - Café du Fjord Tadoussac, Quebec

13 Jun 2008 12:30 - Café du Fjord Tadoussac, Quebec

14 Jun 2008 12:30 - Café du Fjord Tadoussac, Quebec

12 Jul 2008 20:00 - Downsview Park Toronto, Ontario

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you say no to Brigitte Bardot? I WOULD NEVER

Kids say they know Brigitte Bardot.... I KNOW HER BETTER

Make an escape like Brigitte Bardot... GET ME OUTTA HERE

Take me to the place, it's a party yo!

LOLLLL sorry about that. Yes. I LOVELVOELOVELOVELOVLOVE x1000 Creature. I get all fangirl-ish when someone mentions them.

Not only funny, these guys are Mika fans.. I love you, CowBella and the rest of the band!!:blush-anim-cl: This ... from Creatures blog:

[February 2, 2008 - Saturday WE LOVE MIKA (AND THE BELL CENTER)

Mika is the ****! What a show. We all had crushes on him and all the super foxy, super friendly people in his band. Damn those British accents are sexy - where can I get one?

Their fans are awesome too. Everybody danced. No one threw tomatoes at us. The harshest things they threw were teddybears, which was great cause now I don`t have to go to bed alone at night.

The cream of the crop was playing the Bell Center. It was a wet dream come true.... definitely the wickedest day of my life. Thanks Mika, you hot, hot, amazingly talented, sexy thang, you!

Check us out at the Bell Center:

May all your wet dreams come true too,

CowBella

P.S. Did I mention that Mika is really hot and sexy? Well he is.

Not only funny, these guys are Mika fans.. I love you, CowBella and the rest of the band!!:blush-anim-cl: This ... from Creatures blog:

Ya, seems like they had a good time opening for Mika... and their album came out today!

They're playing El Mocambo on Thursday... I would REALLY love to go, but I won't be able to. I highly recommend it to anyone who can make it - they're so much fun. I've been listening to them all the time lately. I think tickets for Thursday are only $10-15ish. I was trying to figure out what time they go on (it's part of the SXSW show)... I think they're on at 11:00 but i'm not sure. They're pretty good about responding to MySpace posts if anyone wants to ask...

Ya, seems like they had a good time opening for Mika... and their album came out today!

They're playing El Mocambo on Thursday... I would REALLY love to go, but I won't be able to. I highly recommend it to anyone who can make it - they're so much fun. I've been listening to them all the time lately. I think tickets for Thursday are only $10-15ish. I was trying to figure out what time they go on (it's part of the SXSW show)... I think they're on at 11:00 but i'm not sure. They're pretty good about responding to MySpace posts if anyone wants to ask...

Hey Zoots!

Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate all your YouTube stuff! I have posted some Mika concert vid too under CattieGurl's account. (was also at Toronto concert Jan 29/08- we live in London)

Yesterday was the Creature CD release date - we picked up 2 copies and they are awesome! The 12 step program is listed in there too - just gets funnier every time we read it!

Also, CowBella is my hero for lots of reasons - the most recent is she hand delivered a letter after the concert to Mika from my daughter Cattie Gurl! :wub2: (we didn't know if he'd come out to see fans afterwards or not, but of course he did :mf_lustslow: )

Creature's Khandahar music video at

Creature rocks!!!!:punk: :punk:

Hey Zoots!

Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate all your YouTube stuff! I have posted some Mika concert vid too under CattieGurl's account. (was also at Toronto concert Jan 29/08- we live in London)

Awww... thanks MamaCatt! I was so worked up from the concert and from seeing him afterwards that I couldn't wait to share with MFC... I think I stayed up till 2am posting that night, even though I had to be up at 6:00am. Glad you enjoyed the videos!

Awww... thanks MamaCatt! I was so worked up from the concert and from seeing him afterwards that I couldn't wait to share with MFC... I think I stayed up till 2am posting that night, even though I had to be up at 6:00am. Glad you enjoyed the videos!

So good of you!It was a buzz wasn't the it? I didn't find the MFC til after the concert. What position did you have at the concert? We were about 3rd row back towards the left of the middle. There was a bright blue-haired person in front of us along the railing, and some girls kinda pushing beside us. Do you recall the big teddy bear, Alice, being passed up to the stage? That was Cattie Gurl's gift to Mika!

He's such a charmer. :wub2:

So good of you!It was a buzz wasn't the it? I didn't find the MFC til after the concert. What position did you have at the concert? We were about 3rd row back towards the left of the middle. There was a bright blue-haired person in front of us along the railing, and some girls kinda pushing beside us. Do you recall the big teddy bear, Alice, being passed up to the stage? That was Cattie Gurl's gift to Mika!

He's such a charmer. :wub2:

Wow... I was just a little bit behind you... can you see yourself in my videos? I was about 7-8 people back, and a little bit further to the left from where you were. I also am pretty sure I met your daughter and her friend after the concert. They were standing beside me when we were waiting for Mika... they were really worried when John came out and said Mika wouldn't be taking any pictures, and I explained to them that he meant no personal pictures with M but that general pictures were ok. I remember them telling me they had made the bear... during the concert I made sure to get a picture of it (during Holy Johnny), because I figured whoever made it would want a picture!

DSC003-1.jpg[/img]

Wow... I was just a little bit behind you... can you see yourself in my videos? I was about 7-8 people back, and a little bit further to the left from where you were. I also am pretty sure I met your daughter and her friend after the concert. They were standing beside me when we were waiting for Mika... they were really worried when John came out and said Mika wouldn't be taking any pictures, and I explained to them that he meant no personal pictures with M but that general pictures were ok. I remember them telling me they had made the bear... during the concert I made sure to get a picture of it (during Holy Johnny), because I figured whoever made it would want a picture!

DSC003-1.jpg[/img]

Zoots, thanks!!! Great photo - love it!!!

Duh:doh: - I guess I should be able to figure out where you were at the concert just by watching your vids! Yes I can see my daughter's braceleted arm up in the air in some of them. :roftl:

[February 2, 2008 - Saturday WE LOVE MIKA (AND THE BELL CENTER)

Mika is the ****! What a show. We all had crushes on him and all the super foxy, super friendly people in his band. Damn those British accents are sexy - where can I get one?

Their fans are awesome too. Everybody danced. No one threw tomatoes at us. The harshest things they threw were teddybears, which was great cause now I don`t have to go to bed alone at night.

The cream of the crop was playing the Bell Center. It was a wet dream come true.... definitely the wickedest day of my life. Thanks Mika, you hot, hot, amazingly talented, sexy thang, you!

Check us out at the Bell Center:

May all your wet dreams come true too,

CowBella

P.S. Did I mention that Mika is really hot and sexy? Well he is.

Oh mamacatt I missed this post.

How funny are they???????:roftl:

GO COWBELLA!!!:punk::thumb_yello::roftl:

They were a lot of fun to watch, I really enjoyed their set.

They have fun on stage and don't take themselves very seriously: all great in my books:wink2: .

Yesss!!! Yay for CowBella!!!

Sariflor, you were in Toronto??? and Brixton? - wow you do get around!!!:naughty:

There's also the video footage of Mika accepting CG's Alice the Bear!!! at

Love the delighted grin on his face!

:roftl:

That's my video :naughty::bleh: I also posted good quality ones somewhere in the downloads members only section, so that people can download the "good" ones:thumb_yello:

That's my video :naughty::bleh: I also posted good quality ones somewhere in the downloads members only section, so that people can download the "good" ones:thumb_yello:

OMG!!!! That is your video???Really???? So COOL!!!!!:roftl: :roftl:

Yesss!!! Yay for CowBella!!!

Sariflor, you were in Toronto??? and Brixton? - wow you do get around!!!:naughty:

I travelled all the way to Toronto to see him there!! It was THE BEST gig ever!! :wub2:

Sersiously! Christine, Suzy and Zoots can vouch for that.

I think I was counting the other day and I've seen him live 13 times now:thumb_yello:

Travelled to Toronto, Germany (Dusseldorf), Spain, Scotland, and a couple more UK spots.

I live in London though.

I travelled all the way to Toronto to see him there!! It was THE BEST gig ever!! :wub2:

Sersiously! Christine, Suzy and Zoots can vouch for that.

I think I was counting the other day and I've seen him live 18 times now:thumb_yello:

Travelled to Toronto, Germany (Dusseldorf), Spain, Scotland, and a couple more UK spots.

I live in London though.

I am impressed! 18 times!!! And Toronto KoolHaus was the best you have been at? Awesome!

Hey I live in London too! ummmm, the other London :bleh: Ontario Canada that is.

I am impressed! 18 times!!! And Toronto KoolHaus was the best you have been at? Awesome!

Hey I live in London too! ummmm, the other London :bleh: Ontario Canada that is.

Ok I just counted again and it's actually 13, not 18:blush-anim-cl: My mistake,sorry