EMAs Airing on MTV US

AKateisaKate

i was soooo pissed! the only thing i liked about it was my chemical romance. the only time i get to see mika on t.v. stupid damn mtv. i even had my friend watch it and she said she felt "jipped". i feel the same way. they didn't even show him in the audience. it was sooo americanized, and showed the artists that are popular here. grrrrr. mtv is getting a letter from me!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of a wait, but we'll take all we can get here. :-) Sorry if it was posted, I've been out of the loop and there are so many EMA threads.

Monday, November 12th

12:00 AM ET/PT on MTV (1 hour)

I am soo pissed right now.:badmood::blowup: :blowup: I just finished watching the EMA in US MTV and they did not show MIKA's performance. Most of of the performances were from the artists that are quite famous here. This is the reason why I hate being here. I hope that the next showing, MIKA's performance is shown.

I doubt the next showing will show him. I think the edited it to only be an hour long and that's it. They'll just re-air that same edit the next time.

MIKA was there, they just didn't show him. :sneaky2: :sneaky2: I am quite pissed by it. He is an amazing performer. What the ***k is wrong with MTV

I have no clue. That's why it seems like he's struggling to fully break through over here. Granted I hardly ever listen to the radio I never see him on tv. The only time I really did was this summer when I was still up between 5-7am when I'd be watching MTV because they FINALLY had music videos on that started at like 4am. :mf_rosetinted: I worked INSANELY odd hours so my sleep pattern was WAAAAY messed up so that's why I was always still up. I'm in hopes that when he ends up doing his next US tour that'll be the one that does it. How many times does a guy have to try to break through over here? Although, this is just my opinion. He may have broken through over here already - I just really do live in the middle of no where so it wouldn't surprise me if he has and I just don't know it.

i was soooo pissed! the only thing i liked about it was my chemical romance. the only time i get to see mika on t.v. stupid damn mtv. i even had my friend watch it and she said she felt "jipped". i feel the same way. they didn't even show him in the audience. it was sooo americanized, and showed the artists that are popular here. grrrrr. mtv is getting a letter from me!

Did you notice during MCR's performance they cut out a word that wasn't a swear?

How many times does a guy have to try to break through over here? Although, this is just my opinion. He may have broken through over here already - I just really do live in the middle of no where so it wouldn't surprise me if he has and I just don't know it.

Did you notice during MCR's performance they cut out a word that wasn't a swear?

when i went to his show in miami, i was suprised by the amount of people there. i have know idea how those people found mika. i've only met 2 people that have heard of him, i think it's sad. i went to forever 21 today, wearing my mika shirt, and the cashier goes "what's 'mika'" i said a singer, and he told me that in honduras it means "brat". i can walk around for ages with that shirt on and no one would stop me.

about mcr, they cut out the word mur-----der, g-un. i can't remeber what else the cut. but in the music video, the sometimes cut out "what you got under your shirt" out. they're very touchy on those things.

ya, they cut out the word mur-----der, g-un. i can't remeber what else the cut. but in the music video, the sometimes cut out "what you got under your shirt" out. they're very touchy on those things.

I guess I didn't catch all of those things. I just know of the first word and the swear. After that I kind of zoned out and went back to studying. It just kind of surprised me with the other stuff that they air on other shows. :blink:

They must be making up for not airing Mika tonight because I've seen a lot of those iPod Touch commercials. :wink2:

Edit: I know why they didn't show him! He was just too great that he would have blown the others away. Yup. That's it. :wink2:

Although I'm kind of sad. I REALLY wanted to see him perform because I also wanted to see the stage all lit up. That was an insane stage and well youtube is good but tv will always be better!

They must be making up for not airing Mika tonight because I've seen a lot of those iPod Touch commercials. :wink2:

after every performance or award, they played a commercial, and in almost every commercial break, they played the iPod touch.

instead of the 785 commercials they could have played mika's performance.

after every performance or award, they played a commercial, and in almost every commercial break, they played the iPod touch.

instead of the 785 commercials they could have played mika's performance.

Hah it's on right now.... again. :thumb_yello:

I dunno what to say. MTV does disappoint me though quite a bit so it's no surprise. :mf_rosetinted:

We get MTV but we checked on the 12th and it doesn't come on. Viewing other messages about cutting down to make it an hours length and not showing Mika makes us mad!!! We first noticed Mika on a cell phone commercial and that is how we got hooked. Some of our family is like "Who is Mika?" and we're like "You don't know who Mika is????". We love him and that is all that matters. Hopefully he will do a u.s. tour again because we haven't seen him and just have to!!!

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

"... my music is where I like you to touch." Arrrr. I'm going to start counting how many times that commercial comes on. :naughty: Pretty soon I'll know that whole song that people think is Mika. My friend has an iPod Touch. It's cool to play with but not something I'd want. The screen gets dirty so fast!

At this moment, I really hate MTV!. MTV used to be more open to new artists. I don't know what happened. There are lots of people that might like MIKA's sounds but they are not aware he is out there. I don't understand how MIKA comes to the US and sells out all his gigs and we barely or not see him on TV at all.

I WANT HIM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

"... my music is where I like you to touch." Arrrr. I'm going to start counting how many times that commercial comes on. :naughty: Pretty soon I'll know that whole song that people think is Mika. My friend has an iPod Touch. It's cool to play with but not something I'd want. The screen gets dirty so fast!

it's like an iPhone without the phone. and it's the same size. i would just buy an iPhone, you get all of that for one. my cousin has one, and it's pretty cool.

mikaitouch.jpg someone at apple really likes mika.

At this moment, I really hate MTV!. MTV used to be more open to new artists. I don't know what happened. There are lots of people that might like MIKA's sounds but they are not aware he is out there. I don't understand how MIKA comes to the US and sells out all his gigs and we barely or not see him on TV at all.

I WANT HIM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I wondered too! I wondered how he came to the US and sold out at all his gigs when we hardly ever see him on tv! It goes to show how powerful the word of mouth is! I heard LT on my friends Myspace and decided I was going to download it sometime, then my other friend had the CD and got me and another friend into him... then I got my best friend into him.... it's like a never ending chain.

it's like an iPhone without the phone. and it's the same size. i would just buy an iPhone, you get all of that for one. my cousin has one, and it's pretty cool.

mikaitouch.jpg someone at apple really likes mika.

That's what my friends and I were talking about. How the iPod Touch is like the iPhone minus the phone part. It would be useless for anyone in this state to by an iPhone because they wouldn't get any phone service in this state! :shocked::mf_rosetinted:

I'll still to my 30G iPod thaxverymuch. :naughty:

You guys, this is nothing to get THAT upset over. I know you wanted to see Mika's performance on your TV sets, because I did too. But seriously, the world is not going to end over this small matter. Sure, we all love Mika so we all think that he should have earned a spot in that one hour time frame last night, but the rest of the U.S. isn't like us. I don't have MTV2 either, so I know I won't ever see the performance on my TV, but I'm completely happy with the fact that wonderful Babs had the performance on Youtube for a while, and that MTV has the performance on their website, so I can watch it whenever I want.

MTV is so retarded! I can't believe they didn't show MIKA at all!!! He better be on the 2 hour version!!!

I hope as well. I know we all the saw the perfomance already. But it's a great feeling to see him on TV. The good thing about last night highlights, was that my chemical romance performed and I love them!

Dammit I missed it last night! And I'm not going to stay up 'til 4am to see Mika - he may not even be a part of those 2 hours

You're going to hate yourself even more when you find out that it's on right now and Mika has already performed. :lmfao: