'Official NYC Meet Up thread'

HollyD

Sorry I haven't read through all the thread, but... day before to meet with everyone seems a bit early. But 5 pm to stand in line seems far too late, considering it's Mika.

I was thinking, why don't we have a meet-up for lunch, get to know one another, etc? And then make our way over to the line at 2-pm-ish?

That way we would be all one group and we can have people leave to go to the bathroom, or to go get more food, without worrying about losing a place in line.

Oh, and people should definitely make themselves (user)nametags.

--Jack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I haven't read through all the thread, but... day before to meet with everyone seems a bit early. But 5 pm to stand in line seems far too late, considering it's Mika.

I was thinking, why don't we have a meet-up for lunch, get to know one another, etc? And then make our way over to the line at 2-pm-ish?

That way we would be all one group and we can have people leave to go to the bathroom, or to go get more food, without worrying about losing a place in line.

--Jack

That sounds GREAT....

why didn't we think of that :mf_rosetinted:

But, I would say perhaps 'brunch' cause I just cannot see myself being there at 2... that is WAY too late.....

I mean all this time I was gonna get there at 5 AM...I am trying to be more flexable and comprimise..... NOON is okay for me... LMAO....

So if we could meet for brunch at say 10 AM and then make our way.... that would be ideal! :biggrin2:

That sounds GREAT....

But, I would say perhaps 'brunch' cause I just cannot see myself being there at 2... that is WAY too late.....

I mean all this time I was gonna get there at 5 AM...I am trying to be more flexable and comprimise..... NOON is okay for me... LMAO....

So if we could meet for brunch at say 10 AM and then make our way.... that would be ideal! :biggrin2:

I agree, the earlier the better!

Who here will be in the city the night before the concert?

That sounds GREAT....

Oh man, did someone already suggest that? I'm so silly... I should have read everything.

Man, though, 10 am is earrrrrrly! I suppose we could have brunch... but remember, NY in February is really-really cold! Waiting outside from 2pm on is bad enough already...

--Jack

Oh man, did someone already suggest that? I'm so silly... I should have read everything.

Man, though, 10 am is earrrrrrly! I suppose we could have brunch... but remember, NY in February is really-really cold! Waiting outside from 2pm on is bad enough already...

--Jack

OH I HAVE HEARD, and my Florida arse is gonna freeze! But, like I told Alex... I am gonna be so HYPER and excited I am not even gonna feel the freezing wind! :roftl: It is SO worth it..... :wub2:

I HAVE to be there by noon.... that is a long shot from the time I WAS gonna be there!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

--Jack

We are all going to be frooooozen.

well, I guess once Mika arrives we won't be so cold. :wink2:

...god, did I REALLY just say that?

--Jack

I agree with you but coming from Montreal, I wanna be sure I'll stand in the first rows...and I'm sure my travellers friends will too!

We are all going to be frooooozen.

well, I guess once Mika arrives we won't be so cold. :wink2:

...god, did I REALLY just say that?

Oh, I have never been in cold weather... I still have no clue what I am in store for..... but, I am gonna have such an adreneline rush that I am gonna be HOT....

Yeah, you said it :das:

Haha, that's okay holly, it's my mission too!

I say me and you get our breakfast to go, and eat online.

If you bring the salt, i'll be there:wink2:

THAT IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!! :punk:

Breakfast to go.... we can have our own little party in the COLD line... talking about Mika will keep us nice and warm..... I'll bring the salt.... BUT don't forget the pepper!~ :naughty:

Oh, and people should definitely make themselves (user)nametags.

--Jack

I think that's a great idea, but I'm not sure exactly how early I'd be able to get there..I still have to iron out the details a bit.

And I've already begun making a shirt with my username on it..well..it's in the designing process.:thumb_yello:

I think that's a great idea, but I'm not sure exactly how early I'd be able to get there..I still have to iron out the details a bit.

And I've already begun making a shirt with my username on it..well..it's in the designing process.:thumb_yello:

Awesome Jess!!!! :biggrin2:

You guys are cute. :thumb_yello: Too bad I'm not really hot for Mika in that way, and meditating on his performance talent alone won't keep me warm for 7 hours...

To be honest I'm wondering if being in the front row is that great--won't there be distressing pushing, and no room to dance? Not that I'm saying you shouldn't try for it, but I'm trying to figure out if maybe I should go for a different plan of action...

--Jack

You guys are cute. :thumb_yello: Too bad I'm not really hot for Mika in that way, and meditating on his performance talent alone won't keep me warm for 7 hours...

To be honest I'm wondering if being in the front row is that great--won't there be distressing pushing, and no room to dance? Not that I'm saying you shouldn't try for it, but I'm trying to figure out if maybe I should go for a different plan of action...

--Jack

I've actually never had front row..for any concert.

Even at GMA I was the first person in line and arrived at 12AM, but wound up in the back. :lol3: Maybe I'm just short on luck

--Jack

eeewww... if someone pushes me I will knock em out :mf_rosetinted:

I want to dance..... OH who am I trying to kid... being up front is all I care about - and my travel buddy is SHORT so we HAVE to be up front... or she can't see.... that is still my story and I am sticking to it :naughty:

--Jack

I was in front row once, at Gramercy theatre, I really enjoyed it, but they didn't have like bars,my elbows were literally on the stage, and then at nokia, i was in the middle, and the people around me were just awful, and would not stop going out of there way to push, it literally felt like some of them got a running start and just rammed into everyone. I guess it just depends really, I think the best place to be, would be if terminal 5 had a balcony, or elevated seating somewhere, that way you'd see the whole show, not sweat like a maniac, and be comfortable.

I've actually never had front row..for any concert.

Even at GMA I was the first person in line and arrived at 12AM, but wound up in the back. :lol3: Maybe I'm just short on luck

OH.... If that happened to me, I would go postal :sneaky2:

I was in front row once, at Gramercy theatre, I really enjoyed it, but they didn't have like bars,my elbows were literally on the stage, and then at nokia, i was in the middle, and the people around me were just awful, and would not stop going out of there way to push, it literally felt like some of them got a running start and just rammed into everyone. I guess it just depends really, I think the best place to be, would be if terminal 5 had a balcony, or elevated seating somewhere, that way you'd see the whole show, not sweat like a maniac, and be comfortable.

I don't want to be comfortable. I want Mika in my face :blush-anim-cl:

I was there just last week--they do have a balcony, though most of that is reserved for the VIP section. But as Holly said, I think most MFCers want Mika in their, er, face.

It's a large venue. If you want to go to the balcony, you'd still have to queue up early and rush upstairs, because it's only a good view if you're right up against it.

Picture:

http://images.citysearch.net/profile/27/85/45678143p1.jpg

--Jack

I was there just last week--they do have a balcony, though most of that is reserved for the VIP section. But as Holly said, I think most MFCers want Mika in their, er, face.

It's a large venue. If you want to go to the balcony, you'd still have to queue up early and rush upstairs, because it's only a good view if you're right up against it.

Picture:

http://images.citysearch.net/profile/27/85/45678143p1.jpg

--Jack

LMAO... tis true :blush-anim-cl: