The PROM 2008 Thread!!

AKateisaKate

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom's trying to force me to go to prom this year, but I'm not going to. I really don't even know when our prom is. She said she's going to force me to go next year for my senior prom, but that's not going to happen..I'm not much of a prom person. I like looking at dresses and stuff but I wouldn't want to actually go to prom.

My mom's trying to force me to go to prom this year, but I'm not going to. I really don't even know when our prom is. She said she's going to force me to go next year for my senior prom, but that's not going to happen..I'm not much of a prom person. I like looking at dresses and stuff but I wouldn't want to actually go to prom.

I didn't think I'd get so excited, but then I kind of did this year. I don't know. Come post dresses with us anyway. :naughty:

Aww, bless. I like how several of you are all "I had prom 4 years ago, I'm so ooooooold!" I graduated college 4 years ago, and I hardly think I'm that old still. :naughty:

Skipped prom though. My mother forced me to buy a dress, which I didn't want or much like at the time, but am far more partial to now. (Makes sense since my complaint about it was that it was an evening dress for a woman and not a teenager, and indeed I'm not a teenager anymore.) It's a 20s-style red satin sheath, not unlike this one. I had my hair done in a chignon and went to see a Tom Stoppard play instead of prom.

I think most prom dresses are hideous--all tacky tulle and taffeta and gaudy pastel colors. But recently they've been making much nicer ones.

--Jack

Aww, bless. I like how several of you are all "I had prom 4 years ago, I'm so ooooooold!" I graduated college 4 years ago, and I hardly think I'm that old still. :naughty:

Skipped prom though. My mother forced me to buy a dress, which I didn't want or much like at the time, but am far more partial to now. (Makes sense since my complaint about it was that it was an evening dress for a woman and not a teenager, and indeed I'm not a teenager anymore.) It's a 20s-style red satin sheath, not unlike this one. I had my hair done in a chignon and went to see a Tom Stoppard play instead of prom.

I think most prom dresses are hideous--all tacky tulle and taffeta and gaudy pastel colors. But recently they've been making much nicer ones.

--Jack

and your not regretful right?

Everyone keeps saying " You're going to regret not going..." and they shake their heads at me...

BUT I WON'T REGRET IT

lol what?

middle school sucks, but get ready for highschool:shocked:

It's strange, how you'll be starting highschool, and I'll be starting college... it seems like we're closer in age

LMAO. I am looking forward to highschool. Public school is hell. HELL ON WHEELS YEAAAHHH! *dances with paul hogan* Yeah I guess I'm pretty mature for my age...but then again kids my age don't get enough recognition for matuirity. Boys in my class have like conodoms in their bags...

I know lots of people who went and said it's not like it was the best night of their lives or anything, I don't really expect it to be. I don't think you'll totally regret it, either.

But I have just had a severe lack of fun in the past 5 months or so, despite one or two special occasions. So I'm superbly looking forward to something here.

and your not regretful right?

Everyone keeps saying " You're going to regret not going..." and they shake their heads at me...

BUT I WON'T REGRET IT

Well I didn't really much like the play. So I regret that bit--should have picked another one. :naughty:

But yeah, the closest I come to regret is seeing other people's prom pictures and thinking "I guess it would have been kind of fun to have ridiculous photos like that." However, honestly, prom matters so very little as soon as you graduate. No one talks about prom after they start college.

(Although, Kate, I hope you go and have tons of fun! A lot of my friends did.)

--Jack

Oh, and I'm sorry to say Alexandra- Middle school was the best time of my life, it only goes downhill afterwards. Haha.

I highly doubt it in my case. I know ike everyone at the highschool i'm going to. Me and my friends are popular now but there's a group of really..uhm well they don't like us and they are very rough around the edges type girls but they will evaporate when they see who we know :naughty:

I highly doubt it in my case. I know ike everyone at the highschool i'm going to. Me and my friends are popular now but there's a group of really..uhm well they don't like us and they are very rough around the edges type girls but they will evaporate when they see who we know :naughty:

Mmmmm fun dramzz! :thumb_yello::naughty:

I feel like someone else who posted in this thread... it's fun looking at the dresses but Prom itself seems so pointless and a waste of money. I'm not sure if I'll succumb to peer pressure and go. :bleh: We'll see. Since it's in May right before graduation, it might be fun to go just for some amusement.

As far as dresses go, I've always thought Betsey Johnson ones were cute but I don't think they'd be allowed...given that they're usually mini-dresses...and I'm so tall :roftl:

I was just googling randomly and thought these ones looked nice:

prodimagemslx4.jpg

edressme19907395861ra1.jpg

But I'm not so keen on floor length dresses either because it seems like they'd get stepped on and it'd be hard to move around. If I do decide to go though, it'd be refreshing to wear something unlike what I usually see. It bugs me that everyone usually goes for the same kind of look... [a la these ones: http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4205/p259colorssalegk7.jpg (not that there's anything wrong with that :roftl:) ]