OK Is mika gay?

rat_girl_forerver

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the wait, Rat Girl. I just wanted to dig up our long and drawn out explanation.

I'm going to close this thread now, since it's been decided that we don't want to have multiple threads about Mika's sexuality.

In the mean time, you can find answers to many questions you might have here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13389

And, welcome to MFC! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or any other forum moderator.

-------

Here's what we know on the subject:

Ever since Mika first began to be noticed by the media in late 2006/early 2007, there has been some speculation regarding his sexual orientation. The media, in particular, have tried to determine whether Mika is gay, straight, or somewhere in between.

However, thus far Mika himself has made a point not to publicly discuss his sexuality or anything pertaining to that aspect of his personal life. He has (to date) never publicly announced anything regarding his sexuality, nor has he ever said anything publicly about any romantic relationships.

When asked about his sexuality, Mika has been very consistent in politely informing the interviewer that it's not a topic he wishes to discuss. Below are a few quotes from Mika himself on the subject:

In an interview posted on pinknews.co.uk in January 2007:

“I never talk about anything to do with my sexuality. I just don't think I need to. People ask me all the time. But I just don't see the point.”

In the July 2007 edition of Out Magazine:

"Anyone can label me, but I'm not willing to label myself”.

He then went on to refute the claim that he’s refusing to discuss the issue in order to sell more records:

“Anybody who says that I don't talk about sexuality or that I don't politically sexualize my music because of taboos, because of being afraid of [not] selling records, is completely wrong. I've made a record that doesn't compromise in any way what I'm allowed or not allowed to say in my lyrics.”

In June 2007, when the topic came up on CBS Logo:

“I get asked it all the time, everyday. People have a right to ask it and I have a right to answer it in a way that I feel is appropriate.”