The Robyn Thread.

AKateisaKate

omg i saw her last night she was amazing (of course not nearly as amazing as mika but i dont think any one can top him lol) i was leaning on the stage it was awsome! as this is my second concert i feel soo incredibly lucky because my first concert i was front row and danced on stage and met mika and the second one i was also front row! she is an amazing singer my favorite was show me love! i am gonna post pics and videos the videos arent very good because i had to take them with my fone because my camera was dead :thumbdown: but my friends took alot also so when they send it to me i will post them

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to a decent amount of shows, and this may have been my second favorite concert, next to Mika's improptu acoustic gig in NY last August. But this was definitely better than just about all the other shows I've seen. The best part of the show was Robyn's naturalness. Love it.

The ballad version of Be Mine! ...Mmmm.

I've been to a decent amount of shows, and this may have been my second favorite concert, next to Mika's improptu acoustic gig in NY last August. But this was definitely better than just about all the other shows I've seen. The best part of the show was Robyn's naturalness. Love it.

The ballad version of Be Mine! ...Mmmm.

i looooooooooooooooved that!

I saw her last night with sunshine931 and we had so much fun! She's amazing on stage! Her voice, her attitude, the way she interacts with the crowd and the crowd was mad!!! everybody (except me and Vero) was signing all the lyrics and dancing! It's not the kind of concert I usually go to but if she comes back in Montreal: I'll be there!

Véro has a lot of pics and vids! Hopefully, she'll see this thread...

I saw her last night with sunshine931 and we had so much fun! She's amazing on stage! Her voice, her attitude, the way she interacts with the crowd and the crowd was mad!!! everybody (except me and Vero) was signing all the lyrics and dancing! It's not the kind of concert I usually go to but if she comes back in Montreal: I'll be there!

Seeerrioousllyyy. We felt the same way. So glad you enjoyed it!!

thats exactly what happened with me and kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was amazing!!!!!! she was sooo personal with her audience and she was so natural! she has an amazing voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vero is that u in ur avatar? when i first saw i seriously thought it was paris hilton! u r really pretty!

Lol yes it's me before the Toronto gig... getting ready in my Lollipop gear ! It's funny cause one of my friends thought I looked like Paris Hilton too on this picture' date=' although in real life I look nothing like her ! :blink: But thx for saying I'm pretty :blush-anim-cl:

I'm uploading my Robyn vids right now, will post them as soon as I'm finished ![/color']

Lol yes it's me before the Toronto gig... getting ready in my Lollipop gear ! It's funny cause one of my friends thought I looked like Paris Hilton too on this picture, although in real life I look nothing like her ! :blink: But thx for saying I'm pretty :blush-anim-cl:

I'm uploading my Robyn vids right now, will post them as soon as I'm finished !

your welcome! i havent uploaded the pics or videos yet, they videos suck because i had to take them on my fone because my camera was dead so the sound is really bad and it was soooooooooooo loud!

i think its so funny that 2 mfcers went to the montreal gig and 2 mfcers went to the nyc gig

was ur opening band the pierces? i really liked them

your welcome! i havent uploaded the pics or videos yet' date=' they videos suck because i had to take them on my fone because my camera was dead so the sound is really bad and it was soooooooooooo loud!

i think its so funny that 2 mfcers went to the montreal gig and 2 mfcers went to the nyc gig

was ur opening band the pierces? i really liked them[/quote']

I'm pretty happy about my vids... the image isn't mind blowing but the sound is really really good !!! yay for my Canon !!! :punk:

Our opening act was Elsiane. It's a band (a duo actually) from Montréal and Mika talked about them in an interview a little more than a year ago, saying how great they were and everything... It's a very different sound, very vaporous... reminds me a little of Portishead...

Here's two vids I took of Elsiane

Her voice is so special !

I'm pretty happy about my vids... the image isn't mind blowing but the sound is really really good !!! yay for my Canon !!! :punk:

Our opening act was Elsiane. It's a band (a duo actually) from Montréal and Mika talked about them in an interview a little more than a year ago, saying how great they were and everything... It's a very different sound, very vaporous... reminds me a little of Portishead...

Here's two vids I took of Elsiane

Video 1

Video 2

Her voice is so special !

o what interview did mika talk about them in????

o what interview did mika talk about them in????

The interview he did at a radio station in Toronto the day after the first Montréal gig... lemme see if I can find it on the forum...

the videos didnt work:boxed:

oops ! they should work now...

the videos still dont work:boxed:

you have to click on the links in my original post' date=' not the quoted one... cause there was a mistake in the links and I edited my post but it doesn't edit the quoted version of it.... if that makes sense lol[/color']

o wait is elsiane the one that was so weird that cirque du soleil rejected her and thought she was to strange:boxed:cuz i just looked her up and i think its her' date=' i remember that interview![/quote']

That's exactly her !!!

That's exactly her !!!

LOL!

i am watching the videos they work now the sound is really good!

my opening band was sooo much different they had gypsy like songs very folk and rock but not like country, they were also on an episode of gossip girl but i dont watch it i only no about it from my friends lol

she has a really cool voice its very interesting and unusual it has a calming affect lol! it must have been really weird to here her then robyn because they are very different in performance and stuff

Yeah it was an interesting contrast ! It was funny cause both artists made us think about Mika... Elsiane cause the first time I heard about her was in the Mika interview' date=' and Robyn cause he talks about her song Konichiwa Bitches in the Chubby Bunny interview and he has a pic with her from an award night, don't remember which one...

So yeah, basically, everything is Mika related :naughty:[/color']

Yeah it was an interesting contrast ! It was funny cause both artists made us think about Mika... Elsiane cause the first time I heard about her was in the Mika interview, and Robyn cause he talks about her song Konichiwa Bitches in the Chubby Bunny interview and he has a pic with her from an award night, don't remember which one...

So yeah, basically, everything is Mika related :naughty:

hahaha i heard about robyn through mika also! and lily allen (live in cartoon motion- even if he doesnt talk about her in the nicest light lol) and midway and katy perry and adele (at the brit awards) yelle and the gossip and patrick wolff (even though i only like magic position)

hahaha i heard about robyn through mika also! and lily allen (live in cartoon motion- even if he doesnt talk about her in the nicest light lol) and midway and katy perry and adele (at the brit awards) yelle and the gossip and patrick wolff (even though i only like magic position)

Mika does make us discover great new music doesn't he ? :naughty:

I knew Robyn' date=' she had two hits here like a little more than 10 years ago (Do You Know What It Takes and Show Me Love) but she just vanished and I had never heard about her again... until now hehe !![/color']