Invisible Children

findingmywords

Hi guys!

I wanted to let you all know about a cause called "Invisible Children", in case you haven't found out yet. My friend made me watch the video, and I have been left speechless. It's devastating and it disgusts me, yet I feel so inspired to help and make people aware of this.

In the spring of 2003, three young filmmakers traveled to Africa in search of a story. What started out as a filmmaking adventure transformed into much more when these boys from Southern California discovered a tragedy that disgusted and inspired them, a tragedy where children are both the weapons and the victims.

After returning to the States, they created the documentary "Invisible Children: Rough Cut," a film that exposes the tragic realities of northern Uganda's night commuters and child soldiers.

The film was originally shown to friends and family, but has now been seen by millions of people. The overwhelming response has been, "How can I help?" To answer this question, the non-profit Invisible Children, Inc. was created, giving individuals an effective way to respond to the situation.

You'll have to see it for yourself to actually realize what is going on and to feel that immense-ness of it, but please, I ask you to watch this documentary and then get involved in any way you can. It's hard to believe , when we live in such a civilized and nice place, yet that in the same world, that is going on, and that people can be oblivious of it. It feels like another era or world, and its hard for me to believe that its even happening.

I guess it affected me more because I'm young and I still haven't seen how cruel things can be, and I have a lot to learn, so I ask maybe the younger MFCers to watch this and see, along with the older.

www.invisiblechildren.com

You can watch the documentary on youtube if you'd like!

PART 1: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qds5MQCqWnk

Most of the first part is the three guys fooling around, but the rest get to the point.

And the rest of the parts are from the same user.

I warn you, some parts are disturbing and hard to watch.

Anyways, thanks for listening! Invisible children.com has all the information on doing what you can to help.

Love you guys.. :wub2:

Edited by findingmywords

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic