Music without lyrics

B!anka

Ok guys, I need your help.

As some of you know I'm directing a play for a festival: "The tempest" by William Shakespeare. Due to the small amount of people involved, I have to do the artistic directing, costumes, lights, keep them in high spirits AND sounds directing.

The whole play doesn't really need a musical sound all along...just in some points.

There is a scene where we'll have some spirits dancing and casting spells on the newlyweds and I NEED a piece of music there. The thing is that I don't really know what I could use! :huh::dunno:

So I'm not really familiar with music that doesn't have lyrics...I'd need somehting that sounds very airy and space-like WITHOUT words. Not classical, and absolutely NOT house music. I have a feeling that it will turn out to be a modern adaptation of the play in what costumes is concerned and appearance, but I don't want something house-dance like.

If you know anything, please reccomend! ::wub2: Thank you!

For example: do you know if the "evil-sister" of Rain is already out there on Owen Pallet's album? :huh:

P.S: I could REALLY use Mika's music knowledge now! :naughty:

Edited by B!anka

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, a lot of Danny Elfman's music feels airy and ghostly to me? :dunno: Maybe you can check out some of his stuff?

Wow...seems to have many collaborations with Tim Burton! Thanks Droopsy! :wub2: Will sure check his stuff out!

Wow...seems to have many collaborations with Tim Burton! Thanks Droopsy! :wub2: Will sure check his stuff out!

Oh yes Tim Burton + Danny Elfman + Johnny Depp = Magic :wub2:

Is it a scary scene or a happy scene or?...

Well...the stage will be invaded with "spirits" casting spells on the 2 lovebirds...I suppose it will be a nice scene...not scary at all...but you know anything that has to do with spirits and magic needs a dark-ish air, IMO no matter if it is a happy scene or not! :wink2: I like that collection of "The Darkened Theatre" of Danny Elfman! Sounds like the thing I needed!

Anyway: Keep on bringing the reccomendations! :wink2:

Edited by B!anka

I Need someone's help again!

I have to put together 3-5 audio pieces in one song with effects and such and don't have any program to do it with! :boxed:

Could someone reccomend me anything easy and quick and safe and FREE?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEE!!! :pinkbow:

I Need someone's help again!

I have to put together 3-5 audio pieces in one song with effects and such and don't have any program to do it with! :boxed:

Could someone reccomend me anything easy and quick and safe and FREE?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEE!!! :pinkbow:

I don't know if this will do what you want, but I adore AUDACITY!

Here's a link:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Good luck! :wink2: