Post Mika Depression

Mom4Mika

Hippos? I'm there!:fangurl:

:teehee:

Seee There are many reasons to come to Texas. This is one of them (an no I didn't go to this highschool I just happen be very near it) I think it would be a far more entertaining photo shoot if Mika would pose with it as many crazy people here do. n702180703_662344_6838.jpg

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've felt that way for 6 days.

:crybaby:

I can't wait to see him again, but having no idea when that will be is killing me!

I know I know I know! It's taking all my will power (and financial resources) not to fly to Vancouver. There's just this huge hole :tears:

Here Here, I've been tempting Mika by telling about the Hippos in Austin. but so far no go. Who can say no to statues of conrete Hippos? XD

Hey! Hey! Hey!

I met John, Mika's tour manager dude, and he was amazing and nice and sweet and nice. :naughty:

Anyways, I mentioned, like "John, ever thought about taking Mika down to Austin, Texas?" :das:

He talked about how the record isn't doing outrageously well, and that was what would regulate a second tour. He also mentioned something about how the East and West coast were good, but the South was kind of weird. I was like "Austin is NOT like the rest of Texas!!!"

At least I put the thought in his head. :wink2:

WHEN I come to Austin for a Mika gig - I will be SURE to check out the Hippo statues!!!! :roftl:

Do come!!!!!

I know I know I know! It's taking all my will power (and financial resources) not to fly to Vancouver. There's just this huge hole :tears:

Hey! Hey! Hey!

I met John, Mika's tour manager dude, and he was amazing and nice and sweet and nice. :naughty:

Anyways, I mentioned, like "John, ever thought about taking Mika down to Austin, Texas?" :das:

He talked about how the record isn't doing outrageously well, and that was what would regulate a second tour. He also mentioned something about how the East and West coast were good, but the South was kind of weird. I was like "Austin is NOT like the rest of Texas!!!"

Do come!!!!!

Yes! We'll make a party out of that. Maybe I'll have my new car by then and be able to shuttle us about. Even if he just did a little gig here I would be completely satisfied with that. I just don't know how I"ll get to see him other wise. I don't imagine him getting to Oklahoma XD and thats really one of the only other places I could get myself to easily bar winning the lottery or something.

OH GAWD!!!!! So if the record dosen't DO BETTER then we get NO second tour! S!it like this makes me want to go and EMPTY my bank account at the freaking record store! AAAhhhhhh :puking:

THE SOUTH ISN'T W E I R D the East and West Coasts are :teehee:

OH GAWD!!!!! So if the record dosen't DO BETTER then we get NO second tour! S!it like this makes me want to go and EMPTY my bank account at the freaking record store! AAAhhhhhh :puking:

THE SOUTH ISN'T W E I R D the East and West Coasts are :teehee:

Austin is weird but apropriatly weird. I'm surprised he would say that. I guess he was being hones thoguh.

WE ARE CURSED!!! :crybaby:

WAHHHHHH! NO SERIOUSLY. IT PHYSICALLY PAINS ME.

OH GAWD! WHAT TO DO!!!! IT REALLY SUCKS YOU KNOW! America's taste STINKS! :sneaky2:

All the mainstream "music" is just terrible! I wish we could find some people with talent and lift them up! :tears:

All the mainstream "music" is just terrible! I wish we could find some people with talent and lift them up! :tears:

All we can do is be ourselves and not let the lemmings get to us. My whole office knows bout' the boy who knows too much and has a bit of a slide show going on my cell phone. XD. Thoguh they are puzzled but that's generally how I keep people guessing.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! GAWD - with LICM I bought SO MANY copies - I even lost count!!! But, I would hand them out to people ANY chance I got! Like I gave it to my hairdresser WHO btw FELL IN LOVE with Mika, and he started playing the CD in the salon! THAT was a HUGE success cause it opened the door to the WORLD of MIKA to a lot of people who otherwise would never hear of him! I also handed it out to some secretaries and attorney's at work THEY actually LOVED the music! But, I feel SO powerless and helpless this time around because here is a new album and it is AMAZING and I do not have a j o b . . .therefore I cannot DO what I have done in the past! I guess I COULD burn the music onto discs and hand them out BUT bootlegs don't REALLY help OUR cause of record sells now does it! :sneaky2:

TELL ME ABOUT IT! GAWD - with LICM I bought SO MANY copies - I even lost count!!! But, I would hand them out to people ANY chance I got! Like I gave it to my hairdresser WHO btw FELL IN LOVE with Mika, and he started playing the CD in the salon! THAT was a HUGE success cause it opened the door to the WORLD of MIKA to a lot of people who otherwise would never hear of him! I also handed it out to some secretaries and attorney's at work THEY actually LOVED the music! But, I feel SO powerless and helpless this time around because here is a new album and it is AMAZING and I do not have a j o b . . .therefore I cannot DO what I have done in the past! I guess I COULD burn the music onto discs and hand them out BUT bootlegs don't REALLY help OUR cause of record sells now does it! :sneaky2:

I would harass radio stations but the thing is I don't listen to radio stations... ever. Cause my musical tastes are so elclectic I have to sit through crap I wont listen to to even listen to a radio with 10% of the music I do like.

I would harass radio stations but the thing is I don't listen to radio stations... ever. Cause my musical tastes are so elclectic I have to sit through crap I wont listen to to even listen to a radio with 10% of the music I do like.

Aaahhhh I am the QUEEN of harrassing radio stations!!! :roftl: I have literally spent an ENTIRE day on the phone with radio stations IN FACT ANYONE WHO has a TWITTER account P L E A S E tweet 1029BOBFM and request/demand/beg for MIKA . . I AM CLOSE to breaking these guys!!!! They actually responded back to me - saying they have not seen a DEMAND for Mika . . . so LET'S BAN together and GIVE them that DEMAND! :mf_rosetinted:

Aaahhhh I am the QUEEN of harrassing radio stations!!! :roftl: I have literally spent an ENTIRE day on the phone with radio stations IN FACT ANYONE WHO has a TWITTER account P L E A S E tweet 1029BOBFM and request/demand/beg for MIKA . . I AM CLOSE to breaking these guys!!!! They actually responded back to me - saying they have not seen a DEMAND for Mika . . . so LET'S BAN together and GIVE them that DEMAND! :mf_rosetinted:

I almost became part of a amateur radio station but they ended being jerks so allthoguh I applied I never did the final interview. I would have played mika as much as they would have allowed me to. XD.

I almost became part of a amateur radio station but they ended being jerks so allthoguh I applied I never did the final interview. I would have played mika as much as they would have allowed me to. XD.

My ex-husband was a DJ in fact that is how we met. I called the radio station to request a song, HOT HOT HOT :teehee: I was having a slumber party - and we just started talking and continued talking every night - until we finally met in person. word of advice people . . STAY FAR FAR AWAY from DJ's. :freak: Anyways, unfortunately you cannot just play what ever you want. There is a Play Log and they play the same CRAP over and over and over - it is HARD to get something into rotation! GAWD I would LOVE to hear Mika on the radio JUST ONCE! :doh:

My ex-husband was a DJ in fact that is how we met. I called the radio station to request a song, HOT HOT HOT :teehee: I was having a slumber party - and we just started talking and continued talking every night - until we finally met in person. word of advice people . . STAY FAR FAR AWAY from DJ's. :freak: Anyways, unfortunately you cannot just play what ever you want. There is a Play Log and they play the same CRAP over and over and over - it is HARD to get something into rotation! GAWD I would LOVE to hear Mika on the radio JUST ONCE! :doh:

The radio station that I nearly joined to DJ had a rule that they could only play max 2 songs a artist a hour.We used out own music collection thoguh because it was a amature group. Tehy had a licence thoguh. Generally they still played teh same crap over and over. But then again nobody would make me a Mika/Beatles/Asleep at the wheel/Jim Croce/THeMonkees/Josh Turner/Doris Day/Dean Martin/Dolly Parton and Louie Armstrong radio other than myself. XD

Yeah we had some major PMD going on last week after the day from heaven (Chicago).

It was going fine....met some awesome MFC'ers.....got front row....saw Mika for the second time....got to meet Mika....got his autograph.....then he had to say he knew us and called us famous.....that's what did it. All this time I thought he wouldn't have a clue who we were and to know that he did is sending me down Post Mika Depression Hill.

I miss Chicago. I miss MFC'ers. I miss Mika. I miss the eye contact.

I know if fades with time, know this from last year.

The radio station that I nearly joined to DJ had a rule that they could only play max 2 songs a artist a hour.We used out own music collection thoguh because it was a amature group. Tehy had a licence thoguh. Generally they still played teh same crap over and over. But then again nobody would make me a Mika/Beatles/Asleep at the wheel/Jim Croce/THeMonkees/Josh Turner/Doris Day/Dean Martin/Dolly Parton and Louie Armstrong radio other than myself. XD

Doris Day is like our favorite actress and singer. She is just fabulous.

HA! That is one thing about MFCers we are SO diverse in our musical tastes! We like a bit of EVERYTHING - and we appreciate the GOOD stuff . . like Rufus :teehee: We are not merely STUCK in the mainstream bull crap! We have open and varied minds that is what is WRONG with General America they are ALL SHEEP! Bbbbaaaaaa