Jian Ghomeshi/Q Radio

iadoremika

*JIAN GHOMESHI*

3322940472_d99b7de10e.jpg

Jian Ghomeshi is the host of Q (I put radio in the title of this thread because I listen to him on the radio, but there are also cameras in the studio and videos for Q TV) on CBC. Segments on this show range from everything from political issues to pop culture topics...an all encompasing program. Jian does an excellent job of interviewing people, he does his research, cares more about what he does than a lot of other people in the industry, and is (in my opinion) the best thing on the radio. This is because he makes his guests (from major music stars to politicians to directors of productions)feel at ease, allowing for a relaxed vibe- people open up, and I've learned a lot from his shows. It's as if you're listening to one of your friends tell you an insightful story. He's an even more impressive, and humble, man in person. I can't say enough about him.

I've recently been looking online at articles about him, and there are some people with less than kind words about him. Some people call him a fame wh*ring, know it all, smug bad interviewer who expects all of his guests to be his best friend. I was shocked, first of all. I don't understand it. :blink: I've never experienced him come across as an a-hole (or any of what they've called him). Are they jealous? Crazy? I don't understand...:huh:

Just because he's good at what he does doesn't mean you have to degrade him to such a degree.

Never the less, I don't understand these people's attacks...at all. :boxed:

I think most people would know him from

. (He has said that after that an interview he did with Harrison Ford was worse. He said, to put it nice Harrison Ford was a d*ck.)

I also enjoy the

. Also
and
. But there are many, many more that I like!

Also, there are sometimes musical performances on his shows that I really enjoy!

LINKS

http://www.cbc.ca/q/

http://www.youtube.com/user/Qtv

He has that radio voice. :naughty:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the CBC radio broadcaster, Andy Barrie, has announced his retirement from the show he does ("Metro Morning"). He will continue his duties until March 1st. He was great at his job, and it is sad to see him go.

Anyhow, unless the CBC hires someone new, they will have replace his position with an existing employee. One person I thought of is Jian. As long as Q doesn't end (because it's a relatively new program. And, because, I love it oh so much), I'd say that would be pretty good...

Archived