Meet up list for Terminal 5- NYC-2/2/08!!!

I <3 MIKA!!!

Hey every one this is going to be the sighn up thread for who is meeting up for brunch/lunch on february 2 before mika's ny concert!:biggrin2:

I <3 MIKA!!!

dcdeb

lucy

cheeseygoodness

finkster

hollyd

mika_obessed

revica

JackViolet

Titty

Carrie

iron_man (austin!!!!!!!!) maybe

kjoshi

Cassiopée

sunshine931

Becks

loulou

Elena

Akateisakate

lovelove_mika

Mom4mika

ThatPinkSock

zo-zo

o and my friend is coming her name is maddie and both my parents none of them are on the mfc though

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey every one this is going to be the sighn up thread for who is meeting up for brunch/lunch on february 2 before mika's ny concert!:biggrin2:

Well, it depends on what time this is going to be... and what time my

flight gets me into NYC. I'll be flying in that morning, or maybe taking the

train, we'll see... but I haven't gotten that far in my plans yet.

Got to get this holiday business over with first -- I can multi-task for some things, but I can only handle one big event like this at a time. :wink2:

dcdeb

They said that the meet up will be at around 9-10 oclock and we will start standing in line at around 12' date=' but pans arent official but will you be standing inline with us?[/quote']

I hope to stand in line with you, yes! I'll have to look at flight times,

but I doubt that I'll get there by 10 a.m., maybe by noon...

dcdeb

wait whats going on, :'[ i missed so much in my absentness, lol

I made a thread to see who is going to be standing in line with us for the mika concert in nyc, and who is having brunch/lunch (havent decided which one yet) with us and then waiting in line with us :biggrin2:

thought it might be useful for orginization stuff:biggrin2:

Sign me up!!!!!! As long as we all go to line up around 12-1pm' date=' I'm down with the plan!!!!!!:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: [/font']

..... I fear plans are gonna HAVE to be altered *that is for those who are planning on being in the first 5 rows, that is* for those who want to meet up before we get in line, I THINK it should be at a place NEAR the venue that is open 24 hours and it should be EARLY. We need to get in line BEFORE 12-1 ... come on people.... tickets SOLD OUT in 2 days.... do you REALLY think that everyone is planning on gettin there late.... DOUBT IT - people are gonna want to get as close as possible. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL if we go have brunch and then leisurely walk on over around noon-ish and there is a line down the street......

DON'T think it COULD NOT happen!!!! I would rather be safe than SORRY! :boxed:

..... I fear plans are gonna HAVE to be altered *that is for those who are planning on being in the first 5 rows, that is* for those who want to meet up before we get in line, I THINK it should be at a place NEAR the venue that is open 24 hours and it should be EARLY. We need to get in line BEFORE 12-1 ... come on people.... tickets SOLD OUT in 2 days.... do you REALLY think that everyone is planning on gettin there late.... DOUBT IT - people are gonna want to get as close as possible. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL if we go have brunch and then leisurely walk on over around noon-ish and there is a line down the street......

fo sho holly!!!! there must be a dennys/ iHop somewhere!

fo sho holly!!!! there must be a dennys/ iHop somewhere!

My thoughts exactly! If everyone else is planning on meeting up at like 11:00 and then getting in line after noon or 1:00..... I am just gonna have to miss the 'meet up' cause first things first.... and FIRST is securing a GREAT spot in line! :blink:

From experience, last time I got there at 4:30 PM, (in NY) and I was in the first row. We're going to get pneumonia if we go out at 11 AM, and I don't want anyone to get pneumonia. It's happened to other MFCers, but please. Let's not all raise the bar for eachother by getting there WAY extra early when it's really not necessary. We're only going to make it harder for ourselves. It's not going to be fun getting pneumonia in the line- at all. Think about it. I know some are going to say, "I don't care! Mika is Mika!" or whatever, but we're really just psyching ourselves out and making it more competitive for other MFCers, other fans, and future shows.

They don't even get into line for the London and other European shows this early.

If a large group of people are getting in line at 11, I mean, I'll have to come along because I want to- but why raise the stakes for ourselves when we don't need to? We could get really, really sick and it's not going to be as fun, you know? :mf_rosetinted:

Honestly, I don't know. :shocked:

This is my FIRST Mika gig.... and I admit, I am FREAKING OUT.. Just a bit :boxed: I just want to MAKE SURE that I am on the first row.... that is like my mission in life - and I am going to die; if it does not happen! 'Over dramatic', I know.... but seriously I cannot help it! :roftl:

I have come a l-o-n-g way since my days of 'getting there at 5:00 AM' yeah THAT was ridiculous I KNOW :mf_rosetinted: I don't know.... I just know there are ALOT of people *outside of the MFC* that are planning to be up front {at any cost} .... perhaps I let all that talk scare me.... :blink:

And as far as the cold.... I most likely will change my mind.... since I have NEVER been in really cold weather?? I dunno what I am gonna do :sneaky2:

Holly, I totally understand your excitement and desire to be front row

at the show -- I've been to two Mika shows so far and was in the front

row both times. I can't imagine being anywhere else -- even though I'm

sure being in the fourth fifth sixth row is probably OK, I'm only 5'1" and

I want to SEEEEEE the stage! :naughty:

But having said that, I've also been to NYC in February -- and it's cold.

And if there's been a snow recently, it's colder. And we won't even mention

what it's like if there's been an ice storm. :boxed:

Doors don't open until 7. That's after the sun has gone down.

Brrrr. We're

going to freeze our little tushies off, I think. :shocked:

I've done some searching and finally found some info on the venue.

http://newyork.metromix.com/music/article/inside-terminal-5/228660/content

It holds 3000, which I thought I had heard somewhere, but couldn't

confirm until I saw this. The venue in Glasgow held 2500, so

it's roughly the same -- big, but not overwhelmingly so... but still,

that's a lot of people.

So... everyone will have to do what they think is best for them. Personally,

I agree that we don't want to create a panic by saying that we're getting

there so early that others feel they have to get there *earlier*...

But I can only speak for myself -- and as I've already said, so much

will depend on what time my flight/train gets into the city, how long

it takes me to check in at my hotel, etc. I want to be there as

early as I can, but I doubt that I'll be there before noon no matter

what.

All just FWIW.

dcdeb

I don't want to be sorry for sure. It is NYC, there must be a place where we can all get together before 12noon. I'm going to NYC this week just to make sure where the venue is located and I will let everyone know if there are restaurants open 24 hours. Is that O.K.?

I don't want to be sorry for sure. It is NYC, there must be a place where we can all get together before 12noon. I'm going to NYC this week just to make sure where the venue is located and I will let everyone know if there are restaurants open 24 hours. Is that O.K.?

Sounds great, Lucy. I've been checking around and found this:

http://maps.citysearch.com/map/search?latitude=40.7696&longitude=-73.9922&location=610%20W%2056th%20St%20New%20York,%20NY%2010019&sorted=dist&query=Restaurants

Shows the venue location and restaurants near by -- I spy a Dunkin'

Donuts and a Boston Market at first glance. I'm sure there's lots more.

:thumb_yello:

Will wait for your report -- I can't really solidify my plans until after

New Year's, got too many other things to think of until then! :)

dcdeb

THAT sounds GREAT!!!!!

Thank you for checking it all out for us!!!! :punk:

I know Deb! You are RIGHT.....

Perhaps I am just :insane:

But.... ya n-e-v-e-r KNOW! It did sell out in 2 days :wink2:

Holly, I think all of us here are more than a little :insane:

LOL!

And like I said, I totally understand where you're coming from... really,

I do. I WANT you to be in the front row, too! :biggrin2:

I'm just a little wimpy when it comes to cold weather. :bleh:

Interestingly, did you know that the Philadelphia show hasn't sold out yet?

I'm starting to think that maybe it's a sign... for me to go there...

Think hubby will buy that? :naughty:

dcdeb

I know Deb! You are RIGHT.....

Perhaps I am just :insane:

But.... ya n-e-v-e-r KNOW! It did sell out in 2 days :wink2:

February is the coldest month of the winter. But we can be in a place near the venue where we can keep warm, then I think we'll be fine:wink2:

LOL!

dcdeb

Oh yes! How could he not? :naughty:

I have no clue what to expect with the weather! I might say FORGET MIKA... I am going to my nice warm room! .... nah, that will never happen!

See.... now that I know philly has not sold out and NYC tickets are on ebay for almost $400.00 ............. That is a 'sign' to me!!!! :shocked:

February is the coldest month of the winter. But we can be in a place near the venue where we can keep warm, then I think we'll be fine:wink2:

Perfect plan.... we need to be in a nice WARM place CLOSE to the venue where we have a clear view..... and we stay there UNTIL we see the first sign of anyone..... then we all run to get in line!!!!! HOW IS THAT!!!!!! :biggrin2:

LOL!

dcdeb

PLEASE GO TO THE PHILADELPHIA SHOW!!!!!! I'M GOING