MIKA's lazy eye.

Finkster

Yea, well, nobody's too old to love MIKA!!

Do you wear anything to correct it?

You're right about that - the age thing and loving Mika!!! I've been wearing glasses to read since I'm 18. That's right around the time the dinosaurs roamed the earth. Now I have "progressives" for reading/computer/shopping. All very "state of the art". Cost a small fortune! Doesn't do a thing for the lazy eye but that's the very least of my problems in life!!!! All this makes me sound like I'm 'way over the hill..... well, at least I'm not a senior citizen....yet....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right about that - the age thing and loving Mika!!! I've been wearing glasses to read since I'm 18. That's right around the time the dinosaurs roamed the earth. Now I have "progressives" for reading/computer/shopping. All very "state of the art". Cost a small fortune! Doesn't do a thing for the lazy eye but that's the very least of my problems in life!!!! All this makes me sound like I'm 'way over the hill..... well, at least I'm not a senior citizen....yet....

Haha, no worries!! You sound fine! And FUN! :D

Ladies, Ladies pleezzzz.....let's try stay focused :roftl:

Check out this link of his lazy eye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgtbVWsOeOU

Haha! That's the video.

:) He's so adorable!! You can sort of see it, but not really. It really isn't noticeable, there's no need for him to be shy!! Haha, I love what he does at the very end of the interview. :roftl:

And a lazy eye, well, it's when one of your eyes turn in or something like that. In my case, anyway. It's because I'm so far sighted that one eye turns in and they're a little uneven. I'm not sure if that's making sense..

Haha! That's the video.

:) He's so adorable!! You can sort of see it, but not really. It really isn't noticeable, there's no need for him to be shy!! Haha, I love what he does at the very end of the interview. :roftl:

And a lazy eye, well, it's when one of your eyes turn in or something like that. In my case, anyway. It's because I'm so far sighted that one eye turns in and they're a little uneven. I'm not sure if that's making sense..

i think this might be what i have, except my left eye turns way in. but when i wear my glasses or contacts it goes normal. but i hate wearing glasses, they make me feel like i'm stuck in a fish aquarium.

hmmm, what exactly is a lazy eye?

i don't think what i have is a lazy eye, since i have glasses to correct it (since i was 3) but i think maybe it is.

Actually a "lazy eye" is an eye condition known as "amblyopia", a condition not corrected by glasses or contact lenses. It can result in reduced vision and can be caused by the eye turning out, which is what happens to me whenever I get tired (which is all the time, LOL). There is a lot of information on the internet, just look under "lazy eye" or "amblyopia" (I looked under "lazy eye", that's it! simple!)

BTW - I totally agree with you guys - this video is absolutely adorable - as usual! :wub2::blush-anim-cl: Of course I bookmarked it! Mika could have the bubonic plague and make that sound exotic! Knock wood!:mfr_lol:

Hey, Finkster - thanks for saying I sound fun - but if you really knew me you would say I was crazy for sure!!!:insane:

i think this might be what i have, except my left eye turns way in. but when i wear my glasses or contacts it goes normal. but i hate wearing glasses, they make me feel like i'm stuck in a fish aquarium.

Haha, same here!!

Actually a "lazy eye" is an eye condition known as "amblyopia", a condition not corrected by glasses or contact lenses. It can result in reduced vision and can be caused by the eye turning out, which is what happens to me whenever I get tired (which is all the time, LOL). There is a lot of information on the internet, just look under "lazy eye" or "amblyopia" (I looked under "lazy eye", that's it! simple!)

BTW - I totally agree with you guys - this video is absolutely adorable - as usual! :wub2::blush-anim-cl: Of course I bookmarked it! Mika could have the bubonic plague and make that sound exotic! Knock wood!:mfr_lol:

Hey, Finkster - thanks for saying I sound fun - but if you really knew me you would say I was crazy for sure!!!:insane:

Ooh, thanks for the info!

:D

Gosh, what about him isn't adorable?!?! I think the curls, smile, dimples, and laugh win it, though!

Hahaha, aren't we all?!:shocked:

I don't know if anyone else posted a thread about this already, if they did, SORRY!!

I just thought it was cool that MIKA has a lazy eye because I do too, lol.

I heard him say it in an interview. :)

Gah, I love that man!

that is how I felt when I heard he had a leaning disability. Mika makes all of our imperfections cool! :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I can look into it.

BTW - what is a "Mika Nuggler"?????:boxed::shocked:

p.s. I left you a message in the "Mika's Watch" thread...:wink2:

LOL. A Nuggler is a word my friend and I made up. It was a typo. It's basically a cuddler or snuggler. haha

:)

Ooh, I saw it!! LOL.

I didn't know either until I saw the interview!

lazy eye is when a muscle of your eye is weaker than it should be, so your eye is not "in the center" :) It's really obvious at some people, but not neccessarily - I also have it, but few people notice it. You can practice to fix that - you take a pencil for example, and then point it slowly toward your nose with your eyes looking at the top :) You will soon feel how your eyes get in the middle, which is actually good for fixing your lazy eye. Sounds wicked though :)