My Fortune Cookie

mel_tinydancer

So I went out to my favorite Chinese food restaurant with some of my pals tonight and after we were done eating we got our fortune cookies and mine said,

"One must dare to be himself,

however frightening or strange that self may prove to be."

I thought that in addition to being kind of funny and abnormal from your average fortune, i thought it was a pretty good fortune for me, and it reminded me of Mika and the fan club and how Mika let me know that it's okay to be myself :wink2:

Plus, my lucky numbers listed after that were 3 and 28, which is my birthday. lol March 28th. Kinda weird.

Sorry this is kind of random, i thought some of you guys might get a kick out of it, i sure did lol. :naughty:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went out to my favorite Chinese food restaurant with some of my pals tonight and after we were done eating we got our fortune cookies and mine said,

I thought that in addition to being kind of funny and abnormal from your average fortune, i thought it was a pretty good fortune for me, and it reminded me of Mika and the fan club and how Mika let me know that it's okay to be myself :wink2:

Plus, my lucky numbers listed after that were 3 and 28, which is my birthday. lol March 28th. Kinda weird.

Sorry this is kind of random, i thought some of you guys might get a kick out of it, i sure did lol. :naughty:

Hahaa, that sounds like MIKA was speaking right through that fortune to you!

:biggrin2:

lol ya exactly!!! :naughty:

Now everyone will probably try to go out and by fortune cookies hoping for a Mika-like fortune!

Okay, so since MIKA the sales of:

-tamagotchis

-braces

-swatches

and now fortune cookies have probably gone waaay up. :bleh:

I don't usually eat my fortune cookie unless I'm waiting for someone, then I just nibble at it.

I usually slip it in my purse and take it home for my puppy. :blush-anim-cl: She loves them more than she loves me, I do believe.

I don't usually eat my fortune cookie unless I'm waiting for someone, then I just nibble at it.

I usually slip it in my purse and take it home for my puppy. :blush-anim-cl: She loves them more than she loves me, I do believe.

LOL,awe!!

I don't eat mine either. I just break it open and read the fortunes, and give the cookie to someone who wants it. :biggrin2:

LOL!I guess the Almighty M spoke to you! I don't usually get anything useful out of my fortune cookie! It's more like: you'll buy some new clothes (dah!) or you're a kind person! But yours was really inspiring!

lol mine are usually lame too! the only other good one i've ever gotten was something like

"as you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point your way"

meaning I HOPE YOU DON'T GET SPLINTERS IN YOUR BUTT WHEN YOU SLIDE DOWN THE RAILING LIKE MARY POPPINS!

lol mine are usually lame too! the only other good one i've ever gotten was something like

"as you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point your way"

meaning I HOPE YOU DON'T GET SPLINTERS IN YOUR BUTT WHEN YOU SLIDE DOWN THE RAILING LIKE MARY POPPINS!

HAHA. Mine are lame, too. And I collect them also! lol

I don't think I have any meaningful fortunes. hehe They're mostly "Someone will make you upset."

If you let a fortune cookie sit in the sun for several hours in the humidity, it will eventually wilt and you'll have a little vanilla-citrus flavored tortilla. :roftl: That's true, I've done it.

Did you guys ever see that episode of Rocko's Modern Life, where Dilbert kept getting the bad fortune cookies? They said "Bad luck and extreme misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity"? Now whenever my family has Chinese, we all open the cookies and say that.:naughty:

If you let a fortune cookie sit in the sun for several hours in the humidity, it will eventually wilt and you'll have a little vanilla-citrus flavored tortilla. :roftl: That's true, I've done it.

Did you guys ever see that episode of Rocko's Modern Life, where Dilbert kept getting the bad fortune cookies? They said "Bad luck and extreme misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity"? Now whenever my family has Chinese, we all open the cookies and say that.:naughty:

oh gosh i think you just described my favorite episode. is it the one where the raincloud and black cats follow him around?

anytime my friends and i read fortune cookies we say "in bed" at the end, it makes it more... entertaining.

LOL! That's so cool!

AND OMG, Rocko's Modern Life is the BEST SHOW EVER!

omg that sounds way cool, i'm gonna have to try that!!

OMG ROCKO I USED TO LOVE THAT SHOW!! It's never on anymore!! but yes i def. remember that episode!!!!!

calicojasmine i do the same thing!! that's where i keep mine, i have them like taped as a border around my mirror!

OMG ROCKO I USED TO LOVE THAT SHOW!! It's never on anymore!! but yes i def. remember that episode!!!!!

Rocko is still on! Well, it's on some channel on the new cable we got after we moved. Like, retro Nickelodeon.

omg that sounds way cool, i'm gonna have to try that!!

calicojasmine i do the same thing!! that's where i keep mine, i have them like taped as a border around my mirror!

That's so funny!

Hey - I just remember something, guys - do this next time you're having chinese and a few drinks - read your fortunes aloud at the table and at the end of each one add the words "in bed"......

Have fun.....:wink2::thumb_yello::biggrin2::naughty:

That's so funny!

Hey - I just remember something, guys - do this next time you're having chinese and a few drinks - read your fortunes aloud at the table and at the end of each one add the words "in bed"......

lol!!!

:roftl: :roftl:

That's so funny!

LOL! Fortunes areso random and funny, that would make them much more interesting!