What came first?

Fmbm

The first exposure I had to Mika was a photo someone posted on another website. (It was the default photo from his myspace) The person talked about seeing Mika at an instore signing, and how she really enjoyed his music and his personality. Some of the other posters responded rather negatively, and even made fun of the poor girl. :thumbdown: I took one look at the picture and thought, "He's good looking, but he doesn't seem that interesting." (Shame on me! :blush-anim-cl:) In the following weeks, I saw more and more posts pop up about him. When people started commenting on his sexuality and stage theatrics, my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to check him out.

I was at work, so I couldn't listen to any of his music, but I looked up a few pictures and his bio. To be honest, his publicity photos were kind of misleading. To me, he looked like a moody, serious, folky, artsy guy. I guess he can be that way sometimes, but I was SHOCKED when I saw the video for Grace Kelly a week later. He was so much more bright, colorful, and of course FABULOUS! His music reminded me of some of my other favorite artists, and I was hooked. Put that together with a winning personality and quirky stage persona, and Mika became my favorite new artist.

So, to make my long story short, I saw his face first, but it wasn't enough to make me care. I thought he was cute, but I had pretty much given up on new music, and figured he was like everyone else. Boy was I wrong! :biggrin2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was the music. When i found out his name i instantly googled him and got all these you tube links, at that time basically the only mika stuff was grace kelly and a few interviews. I watched Grace Kelly loved it, and when i saw him scrunch up his nose for the very first time after singing 'so i tried a little freddie... mmm!' i fell in love. It was not a gradual process. Bam. I bought his album the next day, loved it and it hasn't stopped there... I then well in love with his fun personality after watching him in interviews and performances.

What i love is the whole 'Mika Package'... everything about him makes me swoon. :wub2:

Perez Hilton featured Mika in his column sometime late in 2006, doing the GK video. I was instantly struck by his musical talent and great looks. I'm also a huge Queen fan and immediately saw the Freddy Mercury similarity. I think I must've been one of the 1st Canadian fans, for sure..... In any case, then I checked out his myspace, youtube, etc. etc.... next came downloading LICM from i-tunes, joining MFC and becoming addicted to chupa chups! (I'm chomping on one as we speak!) I've got it pretty bad, but then, so does everybody here, no????:wub2::blush-anim-cl::mf_lustslow: