Mika with Brian May or Rufus Wainwright

Carrie

Mika's double date for Brits

Published: Today

THE Brits is the music awards bash of the year — and the night’s duets are always among the highlights.

Now I can reveal that next year’s event will see MIKA perform with either former QUEEN guitarist BRIAN MAY or RUFUS WAINWRIGHT.

Whoever he sings with, it promises to be explosive.

Duet ... Queen legend Brian May

Flamboyant Grace Kelly singer Mika is continually arguing he’s nothing like Brian’s ex-bandmate, the late FREDDIE MERCURY.

But Mika will not escape the comparisons if he and Brian, right, double up for the Brits at London’s Earls Court next February. A source said: “Mika is already guaranteed for the event but he’s still in talks about who to duet with.

“He knows how to put on a great show on his own — but with either Brian or Rufus on stage next to him he would blow the roof off.”

I can feel a rendition of Queen anthem We Will Rock You coming on.

And that would surely rival the Brits’ all-time great duets, like when JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and KYLIE belted out BLONDIE hit Rapture in 2003 — and Justin famously grabbed Kylie’s bot.

I told you last month that Kylie is lined up for the 2008 Brits. So it seems the bash, to be shown live on ITV1, will be full of huge personalities. And that’s before any beehives have confirmed.

The above was written in the Sun. I get google updates for Mika and Rufus. I want to see them both with Mika. I'd love to hear Mika sing with Rufus. This is exciting. Hope the US gets to see it. :)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic