Ibm (??!?) Mika Fanclub (-:

REBEKA

(Voila, already the title makes me smile!)

I have the pleasure to announce foundation of the Mika fanclub @ IBM.

How did I/we came to this funny idea?? Well, there is the worldwide IBM intranet gay & lesbian forum (EAGLE DB) where people can create threads and post reactions to existing threads on all kinds of topics, like in any other internet forum, and somebody opened a thread about the album or the song of the day or something like that and one guy from Ireland added a post about Mika and Billy Brown.. Then I flied to Zurich/Switzerland to the Diversity Forum (in other words the Gay & Lesbian Business Leader Forum) which took place at IBM Zurich where after a busy day of speeches, presentations and discussions we had a dinner at some nice lounge nearby and somehow I was sitting at the table with this Irish guy - Seamus - at my left, one Israeli guy - Izhar - on my right, and opposite to the South African guy Gustav.. And somehow we got to the topic of Mika, and I was not the only one turning around my eyes, throwing around my hands, and sighing.. So after 2 glasses of shampagne we founded the official IBM MIKA funclub.

And yeah, after I returned home, Sonia from IBM France wrote me how sorry she is that she couldn`t attend the Zurich forum (because her boss didn`t approve her the trip), and yeah, she is Mika fan too.

So I open the thread and send out the link, curious if anyone will post here. I hope I won`t be the only one one posting here. Well, I would cope with it, but still it would be fun if somebody joined, so that we could keep the thread alive and not to let it die.. Ladies and Gents, it can be fun!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome in the club Seamus!

we must have another F2F meeting soon.... Gustaf... think we may come to you this time

To South Africa?!?? Crazy! Though it`s my dream to visit Africa, why not start with the south (((((((((((((-:

Dear REBEKA ,

Do you work for the internet company IBM, or is that something else? If not, what does IBM stand for? Do you have any links?

MIKA and champagne sounds like a good combination!! I'm not Gay or Lesbian, but I am born and raised in San Francisco, so... !!

*M*

seam73- what's F2F stand for?

Maybe I shouldn't ask so many questions and let you enjoy your own party! But it sounds like you all had a great time and bonded over MIKA- so that's the most important thing!

*M*

Do you work for the internet company IBM, or is that something else? If not, what does IBM stand for? Do you have any links?

Hi Minako, yes, IBM really stands for IBM, the IT company, the computer company, our sweet employer (-:

..and during that great evening we had an entertainer that flew the whole way from UK, the lesbian comedian Claire Summerskill (http://claresummerskill.co.uk/), she talked and sang and talked.. and I was lucky because when she finished she sat down at my table.. we talked and talked and I told her that the next thing she should do is a parody of mika.. she said something like "not a bad idea at all!".. So MIKA be ready for an outragous lesbian parody of yourself (((((((((((((((o:

People are posting in the MIKA thread on the EAGLE DB forum but they somehow don`t post in here, maybe they think that if they will post on more than one forum they will go mad, how scary brrrrrrrrrr. I noticed that Seamus/Ireland opened a profile here and posted in this thread, Franck W./France opened a profile and posted in the Introductions, and that`s more or less it. Nevermind. I will quote some from the EAGLE DB:

S. working in IBM India: "India and I like Mika, too. I've heard "Big Girls..." several times here on Radio Indigo, the colour of music (91.1 FM), and there was even a bit of another of his hits in one of the commercials here -- can't recall which, or the commercial. He's just fun and meets my two criteria for good music: cheerful with a beat."

L. from IBM Argentina: "Very well known here in Argentina too, Love all, can't find a favourite either!"

S. from IBM US: "who is mika? <eom>"

R. from IBM Australia: "He's big in Australia. Great music and lyrics. http://www.mikasounds.com/uk.php - This site plays his current hit Big Girls are Beautiful - but at the end of that song are shorts from other of his songs (the first short is my favourite and the one that made him big in Australia)."

M. from IBM US: "Never heard of him either, myspace to the rescue! http://myspace.com/mikamyspace, I might have to learn more now that I have seen the Big Girls video on there."

And in the end my conversation with Franck W. from IBM France:

F: "Funny, first thanks because I'm a big fan of Mika .... listening my fav. song of him right now ....

I register.

The funny thing is I've send Mika's CD to a friend in LA and he receive it today, he give me a call this morning to tell me he love it ....

Is he know in US ?

Mmmm forget to say, my fav. is "Billy brown"

.... Oh Billy Brown had lived an ordinary life

Two kids, a dog, and then the cautionary wife

While it was all going according with the plan

Then Billy Brown fell in love with another man ....

how surprising isn't it ???"

R: "I like Billy Brown too though I cannot say that it`s my favourite Mika song, I don`t have a favourite, I love all of them, as well as the videos, pictures.. Please don`t mistake me for some silly teenager - I`m 32!! (-: This can happen in any age!! (-:"

F: "I trust you :-) I'm 41 :-) I can understand you

I'm listening "Stuck in the middle" right now (love all them too) for the 20th time ...." the lyrics follow.

R: "Beautiful words indeed! Though what I hear, and I`ve seen on the net, in some parts differs from what you write, but in principle it`s the same. I wondered what he had in mind when he was writing this song.. Maybe it`s about his relationship with his parents, especially with his father, the businessman. He is from 5 kids, it`s a fact.

And to your question about US, I`m not sure how much he`s famous there, I think he`s more an European phenomenon (would I like if somebody talked about me as about a phenomenon?). There is one woman on the MFC forum (where I opened the thread), her name is Sivan, she is a big Mika fan, she lives in LA though originally she is from Israel."